Laughing City
curt
Sea Post King

I have been reading Boyd's journals for a long time, but didn't register here until just recently and still never post...anyhoo...

Boyd always does such an amazing job and puts so much effort into the tour journals, and I must thank him for it. Living in the Canadian prairies, hardly any of my favorite bands make stops here(I don't blame them at all, considering the population density is almost negative). The Eisley site has so much more tour information than any other band site I've seen, and it comes as close as possible to letting all the fans who can't attend a live show experience the band through songs, videos, and random stories. I'll probably eventually decide to fly down to some sort of festival or show involving Eisley in the future, but this site will do well enough until then. Thanks a lot, Boyd. Your work is greatly appreciated.
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

Ditto. They've been to my state before, but I can never go. It seems like I am sick or broke when they come.

Thank you, Boyd!

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

pktechgirl wrote:
Ditto. They've been to my state before, but I can never go. It seems like I am sick or broke when they come.

Thank you, Boyd!

You should start a seperate bank account for Eisley concerts, and have money direct deposited from your normal paycheck into that account.

JD

guitarfan
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
pktechgirl wrote:

Thank you, Boyd!

You should start a seperate bank account for Eisley concerts, and have money direct deposited from your normal paycheck into that account.

JD
That's a rather good idea!
musicislove
Golly, Poster

curt wrote:
I have been reading Boyd's journals for a long time, but didn't register here until just recently and still never post...anyhoo...

Boyd always does such an amazing job and puts so much effort into the tour journals, and I must thank him for it. Living in the Canadian prairies, hardly any of my favorite bands make stops here(I don't blame them at all, considering the population density is almost negative). The Eisley site has so much more tour information than any other band site I've seen, and it comes as close as possible to letting all the fans who can't attend a live show experience the band through songs, videos, and random stories. I'll probably eventually decide to fly down to some sort of festival or show involving Eisley in the future, but this site will do well enough until then. Thanks a lot, Boyd. Your work is greatly appreciated.

i agree. he's a pretty rad dude.

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

Yeah, Boyd is amazing. And so good to us.
Jay
Golly, Poster

a fine human being and an all around good guy
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
pktechgirl wrote:

Thank you, Boyd!

JD

I need a bank account first lol. I'm unemployed right now, so I have no funds to speak of. When I do get a job (soon, hopefully) I will save up.

Clark
Vintage Newbie

Jay wrote:
a fine human being and an all around good guy

cryptictonight wrote:
Yeah, Boyd is amazing. And so good to us.

The5thavocado wrote:
Clark wrote:
To Boyd! *raises glass*

-He once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was comin' up the road.

-They say Gene Roddenberry got the idea for Star Trek from Boyd talking in his sleep.

-He once breast-fed an injured flamingo back to health.

To Boyd!!! *raises glass*

Did I ever tell you about the time Boyd took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a coffee shop and we can't find one. Finally Boyd takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half and sure enough someone constructs a coffee shop around us. The day they opened we ordered a latte, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Boyd yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found em!'

To Boyd!

Cheers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

My Uncle Hal molested me!
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Clark
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:

Dig it.

But let's not ge-

I'm wearing a diaper!

Confused......

Right. So anyway, let's not get to far off topic. Boyd is...... hmm. Boyd just is. Boyd, thanks for keepin' us up on what's goin on. You put the "Boyd" in.... in........ Boy do I feel tired Neutral . But really folks - he's the man. Enjoy the time off. Get some rest. Thanks for everything. We'll see ya next time around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

you guys are cwazy! Laughing
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Clark wrote:
golly andrew wrote:

Dig it.

But let's not ge-

I'm wearing a diaper!

Confused......

Right. So anyway, let's not get to far off topic. Boyd is...... hmm. Boyd just is. Boyd, thanks for keepin' us up on what's goin on. You put the "Boyd" in.... in........ Boy do I feel tired Neutral . But really folks - he's the man. Enjoy the time off. Get some rest. Thanks for everything. We'll see ya next time around.

It would actually be incorrect to believe that Boyd gets time off. When he isn't managing the band on tour he is catching up with all of his other chores, such as placating the likes of us.

JD

boyd
Eisleyoid

i feel like a jerk for not responding to this... but, we just got back from the tour and i'm only now having a moment to dig around on the forum... which i expressly enjoy. did i say espresso? hmmm. that gives me an idea.

but, honestly, it joys my soul to hear such words. because, it's exactly why i do it. what part of the Canadian prairie are you from? I know we're coming back to Canada on the next tour.... prolly Toronto and Montreal as well as way over there on the opposite side... not much in the middle.

Thanks for real.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
curt
Sea Post King

I live right in the middle of Alberta. I'll probably need to wait a bit longer to go to a show, unless Eisley makes a miraculous stop in Calgary or Edmonton. Either way, I will be at an Eisley show eventually, it's bound to happen.

goto page
 | next >>