Laughing City
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

1.) Nobody comes to New Hampshire
2.) All the Eisley show I CAN go to are 18+
3.) Whenever they come, it's on a bad night

I've missed Eisley everytime they've come to Boston since 2003. Haha. Most of the time it's 18+. It's my destiny to never see Eisley. It's probably a sign that I'll die if I do.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Be positive! I've seen Eisley about 16 times, and I had given up on those this early, that would hardly be 3. Maybe less.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

They haven't come to Massachusetts 16 times, and New Hampshire at all.
And unless it's The Mars Volta with Silverchair, Pink Floyd and Queen... there's no way I'm leaving the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

hisownshot wrote:
And unless it's The Mars Volta with Silverchair, Pink Floyd and Queen... there's no way I'm leaving the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area.

If I lived in that area, I'd feel like I lived in five states. Seriously, everything is so close compared to Texas. A trip to New York for you is like me going to Austin. Wait, that's probably more like me going to Dallas (granted, NYC traffic makes it harder). I've only seen Eisley at a semi-local location twice (Tyler, a 50-minute drive, and Denver).

Last edited by TheAntrider on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

*raises hand*

yeah... they've only been to the UK once... Oh wait, you know all that...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

If I lived in that area, I'd feel like I lived in five states. Seriously, everything is so close compared to Texas. A trip to New York for you is like me going to Austin. Wait, that's probably more like me going to Dallas (granted, NYC traffic makes it harder). I've only seen Eisley at a semi-local location twice (Tyler, a 50-minute drive, and Denver).
New York for me takes about 5/6 hours, I think.
The localist they've played is an hour and a half.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

P.S. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Maybe expand your boundaries a bit. I know how it is. I honestly didn't see a real show from any band until I was about 18. Confused

Ok, NYC is about like Austin, then.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I'm over the fact I'll probably never see Eisley. It's one of those things I got over pretty quickly. I get used to it, because any show I go to requires at least an hour and a half drive.
And there's no way my parents will let me drive to Boston alone.
I usually go with my sister, since she's five years older than I am. I mostly go with her and her friends. My first show with them was when I was 13... goodtimes, Coheed/Thrice/Thursday. One of the best nights/shows of my life.

But since she's transferred colleges, it's harder to do that. She's in Nantucket for an internship, now. She hardly has time off, even when she's in the college area.

the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

well, i've seen them live twice in the 4(?) times they have been in chicago in 2005. though at the way things are going for me right now, i doubt i'll get to see them again this year, which sucks because i was looking forward to it. lack of funds and other various issues most certainly don't help me when i need to dish out cash for a ticket Sad

anywho, don't worry. all in due time as i'm sure they'll eventually make a pass close to or around your area. think optimistic thoughts!

jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

i was hoping they were going to come near to Norman, OK, and looks like i'm going to have a shot at seeing them there! (Dallas is actually close by also)
pat mccue
Sea Post King

*raises hand* ive never seen them Crying or Very sad the closest they have come to where i live is 4 1/2 hours away. sooooo. boo.

the grass dances in the wind.

my xanga: www.xanga.com/dayofdefeat1987

my myspace: www.myspace.com/ninjaliciouslittleturtle
Joined: 06 Dec 2005 | Posts: 412 | Location: Cincinnati Ohio
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

You all just need some sweet hook-ups.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
boone
Vintage Newbie

I probably won't be anytime soon.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

boone wrote:
I probably won't be anytime soon.

yes you will and you know it.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
RicardoIncognito
Sea Post King

hisownshot wrote:
I'm over the fact I'll probably never see Eisley. It's one of those things I got over pretty quickly. I get used to it, because any show I go to requires at least an hour and a half drive.
And there's no way my parents will let me drive to Boston alone.
I usually go with my sister, since she's five years older than I am. I mostly go with her and her friends. My first show with them was when I was 13... goodtimes, Coheed/Thrice/Thursday. One of the best nights/shows of my life.

But since she's transferred colleges, it's harder to do that. She's in Nantucket for an internship, now. She hardly has time off, even when she's in the college area.

i don't really know how old you are now, but all i know is i had the same situation when i was younger, but once i turned 18 and me and all my friends had our liscences, we gladly made expensive road trips to shows. Actually, I've seen Eisley 3 times, in 3 different states; Michigan, Illinois and Ohio.

...life should sparkle and rush, burn with fire hot like melting steel, like freeze-burn from a comet.