Laughing City
woodrow
Sea Post King

If you play music, and like playing to Eisley, hey. Me too. What instrument, and which songs/albums? Jamming-w/-friends experiences are good, too.

Treetops is the funnest song to drum to, just so you know.

I just got back from playing my drums in the dorm basement, and went through all of Room Noises, hence my post. Your turn.
golly_pam
Sea Post King

my friend, shelli, plays guitar (i play piano/keyboard) and so we're trying to arrange a park show. (in garron's 'hood)
so far we know how to play:
"over the mountains" (which is so fun to play! especially with the harmony!), "i wasn't prepared", "golly sandra", "marvelous things", and "brightly wound".

we're currently working on "mr. pine" and we're also playing some copeland and damien rice.

i would really love to know how to play "lady of the woods" so if anybody knows the chords, send them my way!

Joined: 01 Apr 2005 | Posts: 94 | Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Last edited by golly_pam on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

There were a couple of times where I played Brightly Wound on piano and my brother sang. I was thinking we can do a cover. Then we can record that... with me on piano and bass and him on guitar, drums (if we can ever find a drumset), and vocals. It's just that all the studio equipment is buried under a bunch of junk in our [not so] guest room. So I don't think that's gonna happen.
I've also tried playing some Ben Folds (on piano). Didn't get whole songs... but parts of them. I haven't really sat down and done much though.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I like to play drums to Eisley's music.
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

I pretty much play the guitar to Just like We Do and Golly Sandra...everyday. I am sure my roomies are sick of it, but I really love playing along to Eisley! I just love being able to utilize both my acoustic and electric guitars!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

my cousins and i attempted to play along to my lovely. then we realized that none of us can really play instruments. (okay we can. but we definitely cannot sync instruments.)
Sea Post King

On my acoustic guitar my friend and I mainly play Just Like We Do, Marvelous Things, Trolley Wood, Memories, and I <3 playing Blackened Crown. I also (kinda)figured out a way to play Lady of the Wood, but I'm not sure if it is right or not. It sure is fun to play though!
Joined: 08 Nov 2004 | Posts: 169 | Location: Sugar Land, TX
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

i've had a couple guitar students bring in eisley songs to learn. i love teaching eisley songs 'cos they have all the basics that my students need to practice, but still are easy enough for them to play along with.
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

well the best thing ever is the eisley tab page thats all I can say! If you have any to add you should!Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

i love playing my guitar along it room noises.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

golly_pam wrote:
my friend, shelli, plays guitar (i play piano/keyboard) and so we're trying to arrange a park show. (in garron's 'hood)
so far we know how to play:
"over the mountains" (which is so fun to play! especially with the harmony!), "i wasn't prepared", "golly sandra", "marvelous things", and "brightly wound".

we're currently working on "mr. pine" and we're also playing some copeland and damien rice.

i would really love to know how to play "lady of the woods" so if anybody knows the chords, send them my way!

If you are playing Damien Rice, you HAVE to do Unplayed Piano, =D

Its a new one with both keys and guitar. It sounds awesome. Although, you will probably need a guy to sing the verses properly. It might get a bit low for you.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kitkat605
Golly, Poster

I'm always skipping ahead to play "Plenty of Paper" on guitar. Even if I just have an acoustic for it, it gets pretty fun.
woodrow
Sea Post King

Just Like We Do is really fun to play acoustic to. It can win the heart of many a lady, especially if they aren't Eisley fans. I can hit the melody vocals one octave below Stacy, but it doesn't sound nearly as pretty. Maybe I should try a falsetto approach.
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

awe!
woodrow
Sea Post King

awe, thanks. Embarassed