Laughing City
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

I went into my local Christian book store yesterday afternoon. And I saw a large dusty green cardboard display on the CD counter with a pic of Eisley and it was a special display for Eisley's CD Room Noises. The store normally only carries Christian rock or gospel, like Delirious, Avalon, Carman, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, etc. Not secular. But this Eisley display was real nice.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

It seems like Eisley is playing both sides. I'm going to see them with a group of people who hate "Christian music".

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

Eisley specifically said they are not a Christian band; if they were i'd have to kill myself. But even biased stores cheat and sell nonrelating products to make a profit.

and, not to be ranting or anything, but the fact that there is actually a Christian store makes me want to puke.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly_pam
Sea Post King

Lantz wrote:
and, not to be ranting or anything, but the fact that there is actually a Christian store makes me want to puke.

What's so disgusting about Christian stores? Just wondering.

Joined: 01 Apr 2005 | Posts: 94 | Location: Sugar Land, Texas
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

Lantz wrote:
Eisley specifically said they are not a Christian band; if they were i'd have to kill myself. But even biased stores cheat and sell nonrelating products to make a profit.

Do you mean that in a way that someone would profit off of Christianity, or are you just repulsed by the idea of Christianity?
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
the studiofix
Sea Post King

i think this should go back to being about eisley instead of religion before it gets too deep if you know what i mean.
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

the studiofix wrote:
i think this should go back to being about eisley instead of religion before it gets too deep if you know what i mean.

yes, i agreeeee

eisley, nice band huh?

boone
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:
Eisley specifically said they are not a Christian band; if they were i'd have to kill myself.

Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire.

cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

boone wrote:
Lantz wrote:
Eisley specifically said they are not a Christian band; if they were i'd have to kill myself.

Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire.

Laughing Laughing

Love Arrested Development.

room_noises
Golly, Poster

I bought my cd at a Christian bookstore, heck my dad's a pastor
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

its about the music not the religion.

thank god... Rolling Eyes
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
its about the music not the religion.

thank god... Rolling Eyes

indeed... I think they would say they are "Spiritually Reflective" in their music.

Touche!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
ready2flywww
Sea Post King

Jee wiz...
guys come on.
everyone has different beliefs. I myself am a christian, though I don't FORCE it on other people. But I don't hesitate to share my faith with anyone interested in what God is trying to say through me. But you don't need to discriminate! I mean really! Eisley themselves claim to be Christians...though not a "christian band".
There's nothing wrong with musical entertainment. I just wish people would put labels away. "christian" "secular" "pop" "rock". Music is art. We're the ones who divide it. And I wish that would stop.

Glinda - "I couldn't be happier. Simply couldn't be happier. Well, not simply. 'Cuase getting your dreams, strange but it seems, a little, well, complicated. There's a kind of a sorta cost. There's a couple of things get lost. There are bridges you cross you didn't know you had crossed until they're crossed.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

ready2flywww wrote:
There's nothing wrong with musical entertainment. I just wish people would put labels away. "christian" "secular" "pop" "rock". Music is art. We're the ones who divide it. And I wish that would stop.

well said

as for the display, thats pretty cool the more publicity the better. Sweeeeet can you get a picture of it?

Lantz
Vintage Newbie

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
Lantz wrote:

Do you mean that in a way that someone would profit off of Christianity, or are you just repulsed by the idea of Christianity?

profit. its one reason i became an aetheist. started to notice a lot of corruption around me.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address