Laughing City
kitkat605
Golly, Poster

My mom blindsided me with an offer to see Eisley in either Austin or Houston. She's even letting me drive there without her or any other adults (beyond amazing) but I'm wondering, which venue is better or which one can I get to without spiraling into big city confusion?
I think if all else fails, I'll hit up the Austin show just because every time I've visited, it's been more than awesome Smile
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

well, i've heard the meridian is nice, and i will be at the houston show. but, if i were you i would go to austin (well, i guess since i'm from houston i would rather go out of town). seriously though, austin is a really neat city.
Vintage Newbie

Well, i've never been to La Zona Rosa, but I can tell you that the last time I went to Houson, I got caught up in a bunch of toll-road-laden confusion. Where are you driving from?

In my opinion, Austin is a fairly easy city to navigate through. The last few Eisley shows have sold out, so there are plenty of neat fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
parrishdup
Sea Post King

Wow, that is a hard choice. As far as the venue goes I think that are both about the same. Austin is a cool town...a real music scene. Houston well not so much, but the Meridian is nice.

Is one closer to you than the other? And if it is a toss up I would go with Austin.

I will be at both shows:)

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

La Zona Rose is a kickin place, which happens to have the best air conditioning of any venue I've ever been in. I was in the middle of a packed crowd and totally comfortable. (Pretty much the polar opposite of the small room in the Meridian.) But Houston fans are pretty crazy. Especially since the addition of the newest member. I don't know about the Meridian, but La Zona Rosa is way easy to find.
-Mark
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
La Zona Rose is a kickin place, which happens to have the best air conditioning of any venue I've ever been in. I was in the middle of a packed crowd and totally comfortable. (Pretty much the polar opposite of the small room in the Meridian.)

That reminds me. I believe it was at the Meridian, during the Summer Scenic tour that the air-conditioning malfunctioned or something and it was unbearably hot. I remember reading that Weston got heat exhaustion and was vomiting and nearly had to go to the hospital.

I mean, odds are it won't happen again, but you know.

....it could. Shocked

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
baret_b
Sea Post King

yeah i was at that last meridian show, and everyone gave up.
Pilotdrift's set was cut short due to intensive heat.

Sherri even apologized to me and gave me a flower.

ok, so i didnt get a flower.

but yeah
kitkat605
Golly, Poster

Kappa962 wrote:
La Zona Rose is a kickin place, which happens to have the best air conditioning of any venue I've ever been in.

SOLD! Razz

I live in Victoria, so Austin and Houston are literally the same distance, save 7 (Google maps Cool). I think I'll go ahead and be an Austin migrant for one night. Hope to see some of y'all there! I have the worst peripheral vision to boot, so literally Wink
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Even thought you've made a decision... I'm weighing in anyway.

I've been to both the Meridian and La Zona Rosa. In my opinion, The Meridian wins the better venue award (don't know about that broken A/C fiasco though).

However, I think Austin would be easier to navigate than Houston. Of course, the Meridian is relatively easy to get to... literally right off of U.S. highway 59 (which runs into Victoria)... on the feeder road.

So I'd have to vote Meridian. That's just me though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
golly_pam
Sea Post King

Haha, I went to the Meridian in November and they fixed the air conditioning. My friend's uncle owns the place so maybe I can get in free Wink
Joined: 01 Apr 2005 | Posts: 94 | Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Molten Eyes
Sea Post King

Touche about La Zona Rosa being the best air conditioning venue. I went to a packed M.I.A. show and the air in there was great and the sound was great. As for the Meridian, I have seen Eisley there 3 times and there seems to always be a problem. With all the shows, Eisley had sound problems (technically speaking, not eisley themselves, they never sound bad) and one show their air conditioner went out. It was like hell's wrath took over the room. Everyone was dying from heat exhaustion, and Eisley had to cut some songs out of their show. Geez I don't even know how they played and sang at all, it was hard enough just standing in the crowd. I'm not trying to bash on the Meridan. It's not THAT bad of a place. I have seen other bands there and the shows are great. It just seems that everytime Eisley plays a show there, there is always a problem that occurs. So basically, I am trying to say if I had to pick a venue, I would definitely go with La Zona Rosa. Plus, it's good ol' Austin, you can't go wrong with Austin.
Joined: 08 Nov 2004 | Posts: 169 | Location: Sugar Land, TX
Bzdnika
Sea Post King

austin is definately a great place for concerts, if nothing else, i know cause i live here. the last 2 shows i saw with them here sold out , i think, and pretty fast. but jeez, it's sooooooooooooooooo far away. might as well go down to NOLA and see them at the parish, too, if at all possible. i know i can't stand to have eisley so close and not see them. to know that they'll be all over the US playing for people that are not me makes me sad, so i'm saving up money to see as many concerts as possible Wink
"You gotta think about a'starvin people gotta eat sand to survive. Sand ain't got no nurtrients...I know, 'cuz I eat it constantly. I got zero energy, i cough all the time, my diet's bad and zzzz.....zzzz....zzzz.....zzz.....zzz.."
-Meatwad
ali
since 1979

austin - it will definitely be easier to get around town, if nothing else.
boyd
Eisleyoid

News that might help:

Meridian: NO NO NO... not playing the small room. Block it from your mind if you haven't already; 'playing the BIG room! It's nice and deep... has an amazing stage... great PA. We played there w/ Snow Patrol. Yes, something went wrong, but it was a fluke. This should be really coool.....

La Zona Roza: Always great as well... i think the vibe is better in Austin. Downtown Houston (adjacent to) is awkward, though it's a nice venue and will be good inside. We also played the LaZona Rosa w/ Snow Patrol. Eisley had an amazing reception.

In fact, both Houston and Austin are places where Eisley gets tons and tons of love. The last Meridian Show sold out really bad.

The Switchfoot show in Houston was the best of the entire tour... and so was the response (in some convention centre in Sugarland).

I think if it were me, i'd go to Austin. 6th street rocks, easy to navigate, great vibe, etc.

boyd[/list]

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

no one ever wants to come to houston... Crying or Very sad

haha, i don't blame them.