Laughing City
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

Tom has always talked a lot. Not out of arrogence, it's just who he his. And it's not like he's some nobody, that man has fans in every corner of the world. That's why his project, now new band was immediately signed to Geffen. And regarding the questions about Weston, and Stacy's song, He admitted to only recently hearing the band, He has a family, I'm sure he doesn't spend his time delving deep into the history of every band he comes across, and he also admitted to not being very good at interviewing.. And, you talk about the "language", that was completely G-rated for Tom DeLonge standards! I'm sure they knew what they were getting into, Chad DID tour with them, and behind the seens Tom has done some pretty vulgar stuff! Don't be mean, is all I'm saying.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but from what the girls told me, they had a great time with Tom and they genuinely like him.
My kid's don't freak out over foul language used in front of them. If that is the way someone is, they usually just accept the person for the way they are.
Tom did not have a lot of time to get familiar with their band, but what he did find out about them, and what he heard of their music, he truely loved it. He was very supportive.
He has, and still is making great accomplishments, and it is very kind of him to consider Eisley, and help them out.
As far as not hearing of many girl rock bands, it was my understanding, (from what the girls told me), that he hasn't found many that he really cares for until Eisley.
blue-angel
Sea Post King

He should take Eisley on tour with his new band, angels and airwaves. I think their music would fit with what he is trying to accomplish with this new project. I cant wait to see him play live again. I'm also looking forward to seeing eisley one day too, so hurry up with that uk tour. Laughing
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

blue-angel wrote:
He should take Eisley on tour with his new band, angels and airwaves. I think their music would fit with what he is trying to accomplish with this new project. I cant wait to see him play live again. I'm also looking forward to seeing eisley one day too, so hurry up with that uk tour. Laughing
Yeah, I've only heard 2 songs, but they're cute, and completely different. I was really surprised by it. I don't know if you can post video's from YouTube on here, on certain sites it doesn't work, but they have an old video of Tom and Chad on there, and everything Chad said, Tom turned into a song. It was cute!
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
HeavierThanBuddha
Sea Post King

His body language makes me uncomfortable.

nobody speak.
Sea Post King

I laughed so much at this interview, it was so entertaining lol! Tom, the pictures were a little weird, but he made the interview really funny haha. Stacy, Sherri and Chauntelle sounded so sweet, they all sounded so shy which was sweet. I like them more for that...it almost seems more relatable. Embarassed

Anyways, I loved the interview! And the pictures were really nice too, I loved Stacy's outfit.
Joined: 27 Jan 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta