Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

I posted this on my journal, but i'm not taking any chances. I have to blast it... Small club show - but it's a bit of a risk considering Eisley has never played there and there's not really time to promote the shows. Everyone is really pulling together for Eisley's expansion in Australia. It's blowing my mind... I have 300 emails on my desk from only 3 days - all related to THIS tour. Meanwhile, i have to stay up tonight and design a stage banner for you guys here in the US...YEAh, YOU!!! bye!

CLUB SHOW IN MELBOURNE

It's all coming together!
Melbourne
See Above Poster - That's real! Here's the regular text version. Please spread the word on this show. It's sorta amazing that we actually got a local show on such short notice. Ya'll come!

Tuesday 14th March
Northcote Social Club Melbourne 9.30pm

Tickets $15+booking fee from NSC venue box office 301 High St Northcote,
online at www northcotesocialclub.com, credit card booking ph 03 9486 1677

Sydney
In Sydney, there's nothing xtra since the TBS show isn't sold out and it's all ages. You guys in that market, try to get a ticket and... you'll be set. Sure, i wish there could be something, but... you can't do a show on top of another one unless it's sold out. Bad form.

Brisbane
In Brisbane, we're going to do one of those nifty "semi-acoustic + 1 part electric" shows - (Small PA, vocals, Rhodes, Electric guitar and one acoustic guitar - no drums/bass). It's one of my favorite scaled down versions of Eisley. We tweaked this over time - trying different things. This seems to work. You get to hear the vocals really nice and loud - and feel the polyphonic contribution of the girls - sans the rhythm section. I will say, it doesn't rock, but it makes up in splendorousness. We'll try to mix it decently. Blame me if it sucks.

EISLEY (USA)
Free live instore performance and signing!
SKINNYS RECORDS 12pm Saturday 18th March
85 Elizabeth Street Brisbane
www.skinnysmusic.com.au

It's thundering and lightening - we're in a Tornado watch, so i'm goin to post this NOW while i have power!

(whooosh... kaBOOMb!!! scary storm)

ok. it's awl good now. So, i go now... to myspace to blast the news to the Aussies that overwhelmingly stated (in response messages) that they'd support a local show if we did it. We did a bit of research because promoters said they probably wanted the band to cover the short fall if there weren't at least 80 - 100 kids there... not enough time to promote it; not sure who's covering - the band or them, but... we sure hope you guys come out. thanks! boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
woodrow
Sea Post King

Thanks for keeping us posted... you know, like posting in a forum...

You know.

Loving the Eis-worm in the poster.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Thanks Boyd

skinnys is a weird store,it's so disorganised and messy but so many good bands do instores in there.I was kinda hoping the instore was going to be at rocking horse but I'm thankful there is one at all

It's still all too surreal at the moment

Sea Post King

Okay so now im regretting it

why why why didnt i get my P's any earlier
i was heaps annoyed i missed out on tickets 2 the taking back sunday gig (in melb) - once they annouced who the supports were

and now..

since i can go 2 the eisley gig i would u know?

but u know wat completely sucks
.. i cant get home from it

i pass the place everyday i catch public transport 2 uni, its not 2 far from me but ahh!! i cant get home at that time (like 12 or so when it finishes)
and why why why!! do i have to have uni the next day? its so not fair lol

yeah ill blab all i want

even more annoying the band that are supporting eisley.. are brilliant!! awesome bunch of guys and blah.
this sucks i cant go

any chance on finding out when they will be arriving at the airport (melbourne) at?
lol i think thats like my last chance of seeing them / getting autographs unless they get big after the taking back gigs (but who'd think they wouldnt? we love these guys lol)
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

ah man...enjoy it for me as well Paul.
i'll do the same for you when they play the big UK. Very Happy