Laughing City
kiku_pink
Sea Post King

Hey all,
I was at Eisley's fabulous show tonight in Melbourne where they supported Taking Back Sunday. Now whilst I love TBS with all my heart, i have found a new love... EISLEY! They blew me away, absolutely fabulous! They have a really genuine sound and the fact that they are all related (as dorky as people may think it is) gives them this amazing stage presence.
Us people down under haven't had any exposure to Eilsey until now, and i'm here to say that they need to stay! Fabulous setup, fabulous show, please come back!
I have always wanted desperately to be in a band structured in a similar way as Eilsey is, but less family members Razz.
Thank you fans of the US of A for lending us your pride and joy!

Katie
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1 | Location: Melbourne, Australia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Yep,Can't wait til saturday night in brissie.I've been waiting three years to see the band and now it's only 4 days away

I wanna see something unique on saturday night like Boyd jamming witht hem then dancing like Thom Yorke on stage hahahahah

no seriously Wink Laughing
Joined: 24 Oct 2003 | Posts: 17686 | Location: making uhh SEXYTIME
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

Im glad you like Eisley, Katie!!

You have just discovered the best band. EVER.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Hi Katie, welcome! Glad you enjoyed the show. Less than 1 month until I get to see them for the first time live. Come back and post here, it's a fun place to discuss the band and various other subjects. Cool
Kspice
Golly, Poster

Boyd doing thom dance would be amazing.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hey! Welcome. Smile

I'm glad you like Eisley. I'm so excited with them over there. Fun times, and I hope there are a lot more like you after this.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Kspice wrote:
Boyd doing thom dance would be amazing.

in imagining Thom dancing, yes it would be funny. Doing a Chris Martin dance would also be cool.

threadstarter, glad you like the Eis. Congratulations on your new find!

Very Happy

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Jaredpared
Sea Post King

Hey guys and gals i'm new to this eisley forum do but i thought i'd post my thoughts on he show yeterday at melbourne (all ages). there's some irrelevent stuff in there that's for sure but you might like to read it...

Well at seven ocklock i awoke quite easily, my eyes opened a second before i remembered why my alarm was set so early! I was going to see Eisley! i was very much excited as i showered and ate breakfast, i couldn't help singing ('one day i slowly floated away'). We travelled to the good old train station with my brother ben, it was very good of him to take us in so early.
The train one was filled with anticipation and a slightly raised heart rate. Josh and myself played chess on my phone to pass the time... Almost an hour later we arrived in spencer street station which is now named southern crosss station.... what a crap name...
From there we made our way to the 'hi fi' where we found a small line that had formed before ten thirty. we went for an early lunch at mc'crapfood'donalds, then proceeded to wait in line. we had a good three hours wait ahead of us.

At about 1 ocklock the most amazing thing happened. just next to us Eisley walked onto the footpath! I was so stoked. All the taking back sunday Fans (fools) didn't even know eisley. so me and joshy went and said g'day to them and got a photo. they were so so humble, they asked our names and then introduced themselves (i,a true fan, already knew their names) they chatted with us for like five minutes then they said see you at the show and went inside. I was like unbelieveably stoked to have even seen them.
We got into the venue at 2:20 and got spots near the front, the getaway plan came on at 2:40. They were pretty crap and i was much too distracted by my attempts to stop the 14 year old girls infront of me from being crushed. i hate people that push. When that band finished i was stoked.
Eisley came on soon after! it was so sick they recognised me and josh and waved to us from stage. They play a beautiful show even though they had alot to compete against. chauntelle's guitar stuffed up big time, the fall backs were wrong for them and the stupid crapface crowd were crapfaces. a couple of people threw some stuff i wish i knew who it was they wouldn't ever do it again that's for sure. halfway through tbs walked past the front, in the middle of a song half the crowd just screamed and didn't care about eisley. i was pretty frustrated at this point. when they finished i yelled for an encore but was hastily abused by half the crowd.
After they played eisley went up the back. so we went and said hey again. we were like the only ones there whish was sad for them but so awesome for us. we talked to them all for like half an hour. they were the nicest famous people ever. they were genuinly interested in us! they were so approachable...
Taking back sunday were okay i guess, i would have preferred an eisley headlining show!
And that's the best day of my life in blog form!
Catch...Jared
Joined: 14 Mar 2006 | Posts: 26 | Location: Geelong, Australia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Odan
Laughing Citizen

welcomes to the both of you! ^^
adamjk
Sea Post King

I heard a rumor that taleethersaurus (http://www.taleethersaurus.com) was in attandance as well! Did anybody see her there?
Joined: 17 Jan 2005 | Posts: 59 | Location: silver spring, md
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

What a great first post, Jared. Very nice description, I felt almost like I was there.
I am so excited to see Eisley coming up (Chicago show) but I will be lucky if I even get 1 minute with any of them as they headline the U.S. tour, most everyone will be there to see Eisley.
Welcome!
Inamorato
Sea Post King

Jaredpared wrote:

halfway through tbs walked past the front, in the middle of a song half the crowd just screamed and didn't care about eisley. i was pretty frustrated at this point. when they finished i yelled for an encore but was hastily abused by half the crowd.
After they played eisley went up the back. so we went and said hey again. we were like the only ones there whish was sad for them but so awesome for us. we talked to them all for like half an hour. they were the nicest famous people ever. they were genuinly interested in us! they were so approachable...
Taking back sunday were okay i guess, i would have preferred an eisley headlining show!
And that's the best day of my life in blog form!
Catch...Jared

Thanks for the vivid review, Jared...it was like being there! I've only seen Eisley in a "support" role and am looking forward to their US headlining tour. Let's hope that the next time they play in Melbourne, they'll be at the top of the bill.

Where music and moonlight and feeling
Are one.
--Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792–1822)
oliez
Vintage Newbie

welcome.

Jaredpared wrote:
a couple of people threw some stuff ... halfway through tbs walked past the front, in the middle of a song half the crowd just screamed and didn't care about eisley. i was pretty frustrated at this point. when they finished i yelled for an encore but was hastily abused by half the crowd.

you got to love when eisley opens for the bands they do...same thing happened to me at kansas city on the back to basics. in line they bashed them (before most of them ever heard anything, they only commented on it being girl fronted, for a family band, and even when they walked by after their walk down the street) and then during the show the people around weren't too happy. when i asked a girl to switch places with me just for them she asked why i would want to listen to eisley and turned about around. i pretty much kicked her, pushed her down, grabbed that hated guardrail and stood on her during their set (exaggerated, not too much though). afterwards though most the outside haters were back at the table getting merch and autographs...hm...no one can deny eisley.

any pictures from the show?
irreparable_x
Sea Post King

Jaredpared wrote:
Almost an hour later we arrived in spencer street station which is now named southern crosss station.... what a crap name...

hahahahah. that is exactly what i thought when i went saw that they had changed it!!!
but hey, i was talking to eisley too up the back for ages. so you were there with another guy, i think i know who you are.. because.. well they're wern't too many people around haha so it must be you. i was the girl with the pink top on.
anyway, yeah yesterday was so amazing, eisley played beautifully and were extremely nice and friendly, and so easy to talk to!!! i thought i would be more nervous, but they were too nice for me to even be nervous haha. i managed to swap spots with a nice girl so i was on the barrier and could see really well, ahh it was the most perfect day yesterday. : )
Jaredpared
Sea Post King

Yeah i was the one in the red shirt! how cool! It was the greatest day ever!!!
and it's amazing how nice everybody on this forum is, i think i've found a new place to waste my days at...

I have a couple of pics but i'm still getting my bearings at this site, with pictures and all that.

Catch...Jared[/img]
Joined: 14 Mar 2006 | Posts: 26 | Location: Geelong, Australia