Laughing City
LissaKay
Sea Post King

Last night, my daughter and I traveled from Knoxville to Nashville to see the concert. After being assured that there would be plenty of tickets, we arrived to find this not so. We were a couple of the sorry saps that stood outside in the freezing weather for hours. She and several other girls were able to hear some of the show, get a glimpse of the band members and serenade the front door guy. It was cute, and although disappointed she missed the show, she was mostly happy. This was her sweet 16 birthday present.

For her persistence, my daughter was able to enter after the show and purchase a t-shirt. Then she was able to get autographs and pictures with the band in the back. Although it is just a fuzzy camera-phone pic, she is thrilled.
Here it is:
http://static.flickr.com/48/117686383_ba39eaf495_o.jpg
You can see the t-shirt on her arm. It is the blue one with (I think) Stacy's art work on it.

That shirt has disappeared. The only thing we can think of is that she dropped it in the parking lot behind Exit/In. I tried to find another for her on the merchandise page, but that particular one isn't there. Is there any way I can get her another one? She is so sad that it is gone. She was such a trooper to make the best of a disappointing situation with the show being sold out, then that had to happen. Please help me make my little girl happy again!
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Aww. I'm glad she got to meet the band. About replacing the shirt....You should private message Boyd. He may post the left over shirts on the online store once the tour is over. Maybe he can save you one.
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

I say we get together...and everyone tries to get her a signed shirt. Im going to try and do that, but Im going to the April 24th show...and that's sooo far away. Anyone going to a concert...try? It will be an awesome thing to do, and you can tell Eisley...I bet they would totally be down to helpin out. Anyway...I think we should all try to get her another signed shirt...kind of like...a birthday present. Very Happy
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rmdemsick
Sea Post King

Skabro1005 wrote:
I say we get together...and everyone tries to get her a signed shirt. Im going to try and do that, but Im going to the April 24th show...and that's sooo far away. Anyone going to a concert...try? It will be an awesome thing to do, and you can tell Eisley...I bet they would totally be down to helpin out. Anyway...I think we should all try to get her another signed shirt...kind of like...a birthday present. Very Happy

i missed all of the shows in my state but i agree- we should make this happen. i'll get into its brain-storming mode and get back to you!
i am sure that if we all work together we can DEFINITELY make this work.

good call Skabro!!!!!

You have let it go.
'cause when this days sky's won't last
only what is left is what You show" *Jeremy Enigk*

***MySpace
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 102 | Location: hometown: MI currently: FL????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

This is such a cute post. I'm going next week but I'm really far away, so someone else could probably do it better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

You must be an awesome mom to be so determined to get your daughter another tee (not to mention listening to the show outside in the cold just for her and then staying after the show to let her meet the band). You're so pimp!

If you haven't gotten the tee for her by the time I see 'em in May, I'll make sure I'll get it for her.
And it's this tee right?: -- the Toe Woman? If I'm not too shy to go up to the band and ask for them to sign it, too.

Nice idea, Skabro. Two big thumbs up for you!

Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Send me a PM with your address and I'll take care of it next Friday (Boston). I've got to buy a few for my daughter and mail them also.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I pm'd her also. Hopefully we can get this taken care of! Wink
JDRagz
Sea Post King

How many musical groups have a community like this? Smile

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Looks like this is going to be taken care of already but I still wanted to post to say that is one awesome thing for you as a mom to do and also for your daughter to still stick it out and make the best of a disappointing situation!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Last edited by Mystic210 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

JDRagz wrote:
How many musical groups have a community like this? Smile
Hah. Yeah.

And are such a cool mom. Really.
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

i actually adore the love and care that this forum gives out.
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

First rule about Mom's Club: Don't talk about Mom's Club.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

Luke's Mom wrote:
First rule about Mom's Club: Don't talk about Mom's Club.

haha!

LissaKay
Sea Post King

Wow! Just .... wow! You guys are so awesome! Thank you SO much for the lovin' ... Anni and I really appreciate it.

The t-shirt thing is being taken care of ... more awesomeness there too. Moms rock ... oh yes we do. I will be purchasing many Eisley CDs in the future.

Oh ... and someone said I'm a cool mom ... yeah, you shoulda seen me last night! I was so cool, I was almost frozen! Very Happy
Last edited by LissaKay on Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total