Laughing City
Kayci
Golly, Poster

My sister is six and she loves music. She picks it up fast, and after about five or six listens she has quite a few of the lyrics down. Probably down incorrectly, but down just the same. Eisley is her favorite band. She loves them. Whenever I'm watching videos of Eisley or looking at pictures, she insists upon craning over my shoulder to have a look too. Trolley Wood is her favorite song. She actually has most of the lyrics to that one correct, except she belts out "Oh myyyyyyyy" instead of "Oh nooooooo".

Anyhow, to my point, because I do have one, she is very upset that I'm not taking her to the concert in Seattle with me. She's pretty miffed with my mom because when she asked why she couldn't go too, my mom said, "You're too small, you'd get sleepy and bored an hour into it." She insists she wouldn't, giving my mom a dirty look and saying frankly, "I love Eithley mom" (she's got a lisp).

I think it's neat how Eisley appeals to people of all ages. I promised her that when she's ten if they're touring and whatnot I'd take her to first concert and we'd go see Eisley. She just said, "TEN IS FOREVER...." I'll probably get her a shirt or something.
kitkat605
Golly, Poster

That's [i]cute[i]. When I was 6, I was into oldies and Sheryl Crow(:S). Nice to see the younger generation dig quality tunes.
You sneeze, and 3 seconds later, about a hundred people offer you a tissue.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I think you should take her, and see if she could get to meet the band.
Maybe she has music in her future. Smile Plus, it may be a memory that she will have with you for always.
Let me know if you decide to take her, I'll get a hook up on letting her meet the band. Wink
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Aww so cute. My brother is 6 and he's insanely into Green Day.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

That's adorable. You really ought to try to take her to the show, especially since Kim offered to let her meet the band! Surprised

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

my five year old cousin knows songs from a million musicals, but that's about it.
Sea Post King

I say you should take her. She might be tired but it will be a wonderful kind of tire Smile
carli
Sea Post King

that's too cute! take her with you!
she might not remember it very well later but still, it will be a great memory.
Caley
Lost at Forum

That was precious! Man, that would probably make your little sister's childhood because of two things. One, she'll be hanging out with her older sister (who she probably adores) and she'll carry that memory with her for forever. Then the second reason would be she's going to be seeing her favorite band-- and probably meeting them as well! Heck, if she's tired, it would make a cute photo-op of you holding her during the concert!

Believe me, it would make her feel very special. I would know because my older sister let me come along with her to O-Town concert when I was nine-or-so and that memory is especially dear to me. Just the thought of being considered "cool" by an older sibling is priceless and smile-worthy.

Just give it thought and run it past your mom.

This thread is so adorable! Very Happy

McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

That's adorable.

You should bring her!
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

McKenzies wrote:
That's adorable.

You should bring her!

awww...that so cute, she must have real stamina. you should take her with you. Very Happy

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

That is so cute! I've seen really little kids at concerts before. I think it would be okay to take her. I mean, it is Eisley. Nothing bad will happen to her. I was at a punk show once and there was this little 5 year old boy and his dad let him go into the mosh pit. I was fearing for the kid's life.
- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I've talked to my mom about it and had her read the thread. I also explained that Eisley really is an all-ages band and I saw a little girl at the concert I went to last year. She's said "Maybe." Of course, to my sister's six-year old mind, "maybe" is probably "yes" because it's not a definite "no," so she's excited.

The main hitch is that we have to drive an hour and a half north to the middle of nowhere to get tickets because we don't have a credit card and miraculously no one I know has got one, and I already got the two for my friend and myself a few weeks ago. We're trying to figure out how to get a third ticket without having to use a credit card or drive forever and get lost on the outskirts of Tacoma, AGAIN. If anybody has any ideas about that that'd be awesome. I know we could just buy at the door but I don't want to take the chance that it'll be sold out like a few shows have been so far on this tour because she'd be really disappointed.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Kayci,
Check your private messages. Wink
kyle
Lost at Forum

Have an amazing time, I can Feel everything working out for ya.

goto page
 | next >>