Laughing City
lapetitesirene
Sea Post King

so there is a song called Beautiful that says Eisley sings, and uhm it doesnt sound anything like them from their voice to the actual music it sounds so unlike eisley! so if you guys know the reason why, or what i am talking about please clear my confusion up!

merci beaucoup

La Petite Sirene (the little mermaid)

aka deborah
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

This question comes up a lot here. No, It's not Eisley. It's a different band. End of story. Wink
kyle
Lost at Forum

is there anyway we can like tag this thread or something?
it's insane how many times this comes up.
people need to stop downloading eisley illegally Confused

gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

kyle wrote:
is there anyway we can like tag this thread or something?
it's insane how many times this comes up.

A sticky is in order.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

kyle wrote:

To be fair, a lot of Eisley's early work (the free Independent Recordings) is available on P2P services, and loads of downloaders hear about Eisley that way.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

how can you download Eisley music illegaly? Question
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

lonelynation3 wrote:
how can you download Eisley music illegaly? Question

Same way you download anyone else's music illegally: through peer-to-peer software like KaZaA and LimeWire, or over BitTorrent. If you get Room Noises or Laughing City or Marvelous Things without paying for it, it's illegal.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

This is the first I heard of this (non) "Eisley" song and I know this thread shouldn't go on BUT kinda related:

for online digital downloads, if you bought it, but its from a lesser known place (for instance like from a seller on eBay), how can you be sure its still legal? I'm guessing someone like the record company would stop it if its just random tech people making a profit...
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

oh...i see now Very Happy
StarryxEyed
Sea Post King

So is the song ...by a band that is so dillusional that they think they are Eisley? I'm a little confused...
Joined: 26 Mar 2006 | Posts: 232 | Location: Chasing rainbows
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

StarryxEyed wrote:
So is the song ...by a band that is so dillusional that they think they are Eisley? I'm a little confused...

Most likely the person who has the original file (the one who put it up for downloading illegally) Just lied and said it was Eisley so they would get more hits.
StarryxEyed
Sea Post King

Oh okay, that's sort of stupid of them...because I don't really see the point of wanting more people to take up your bandwidth. But anyways, thank you for clarifying.

I get lost in these sorts of conversations...
Joined: 26 Mar 2006 | Posts: 232 | Location: Chasing rainbows
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bn_me
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
This is the first I heard of this (non) "Eisley" song and I know this thread shouldn't go on BUT kinda related:

for online digital downloads, if you bought it, but its from a lesser known place (for instance like from a seller on eBay), how can you be sure its still legal? I'm guessing someone like the record company would stop it if its just random tech people making a profit...

The thing is that, if you bought it off of Ebay, and the seller claimed it was a legit copy, then it pretty dang well be a legit copy, or else the seller's reputation (their's a feeback system on Ebay) would be borked, and there may even be further action taken by Ebay against the seller.

You can argue all you want about how much money the artists actually make from CD sales, but that does not really justify dling songs illegaly from P2P networks.

There are already other threads on this subject on this forum... and the debates are somewhat heated...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I heard my first two Eisley songs via illegal downloads. I just grabbed two, just to see if I wanted to buy the EP (This was when it was still not terribly easy to find the demos online, as there was no OGG, nor was there even a Straylight6). I liked what I heard, and purchased the EP. When downloading bothers me is when people will dl an album and not bother buying it. I might be guilty of it, but anyone who looks at my CD collection will tell you I'm trying to do my part in actually buying CDs.

I do wish there was a feedback system to get this faux-Eisley track under its own name. I do think I'll suggest this for presence on the FAQ (if it's not on there already, I need to check again).

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
kyle
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
kyle wrote:

To be fair, a lot of Eisley's early work (the free Independent Recordings) is available on P2P services, and loads of downloaders hear about Eisley that way.

I know you're right... but... well... okay Embarassed