Laughing City
noseatbeltxx
Sea Post King

would anyone happen to know what kind of camera she uses?
i love how her pictures turn out
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

It's either the Nikon D-50 or Nikon D-70.

I'm assuming it's with the standard lens, so if it's a D-50 it would be the Nikkor 18-55, and if it's the D-70 Nikkor 18-70.

The lens is just an assumption, though. I know she does use either the D50 or D70 though.
norad
Vintage Newbie

she has a nikon d-50.
it's the camera i just got.
it's like $500 something.

boyd wrote:

The pics are taken with Eisley's new camera - Nikon D-50. Yes, images are going to improve... expand; they're bigger, the color is better, sharper... etc.

noseatbeltxx
Sea Post King

dannnng
i wish i had an extra $500 lying around
thanks for the help
boone
Vintage Newbie

The D50 has been out for a while, you could probably pick an old one up on ebay for a good price. The D70 is an upgraded version of the D50, so it would be a wothwhile investment. The lens is the kit is better, too, but I think you can get the lens by itself and just by a D50 body.

Nikon is not the only company that has a dSLR for that price, so it might be worth it to look around for something that would be the best for you. They all take great, professional looking pictures. Canon bodies are a nice price (and their lens selection is unreal), Minolta makes good stuff, and Olympus has a new half-frame style camera (like they were famous for with film) that has lenses designed to work with CCDs without color fringing (CCDs have more effective pixels than the CMOS sensors other cameras cameras use, even though the sensor is only half the size, so it's about equal, except when it comes to depth of field). If money is a factor, it's a good idea to keep those all in mind when looking for the best deal.

Nikon does happen to be my personal favorite of the Japanese-made, inexpensive professional cameras. Although, imagine if Contax made that digital camera they were planning...full-sized 24x36mm sensor with Zeiss lenses, that would be a dream.

Sabrina
Sea Post King

yeah i have the d50 too. its pretty good.
Twnty4Stvns
Golly, Poster

boone wrote:
The D50 has been out for a while, you could probably pick an old one up on ebay for a good price. The D70 is an upgraded version of the D50, so it would be a wothwhile investment. The lens is the kit is better, too, but I think you can get the lens by itself and just by a D50 body.

Nikon is not the only company that has a dSLR for that price, so it might be worth it to look around for something that would be the best for you. They all take great, professional looking pictures. Canon bodies are a nice price (and their lens selection is unreal), Minolta makes good stuff, and Olympus has a new half-frame style camera (like they were famous for with film) that has lenses designed to work with CCDs without color fringing (CCDs have more effective pixels than the CMOS sensors other cameras cameras use, even though the sensor is only half the size, so it's about equal, except when it comes to depth of field). If money is a factor, it's a good idea to keep those all in mind when looking for the best deal.

Nikon does happen to be my personal favorite of the Japanese-made, inexpensive professional cameras. Although, imagine if Contax made that digital camera they were planning...full-sized 24x36mm sensor with Zeiss lenses, that would be a dream.

Do you seriously know absolutely everything there is to know about everything?

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 | Posts: 634 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX
boone
Vintage Newbie

Twnty4Stvns wrote:
boone wrote:

Haha, no. Not at all.

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I have the D50 with the D70 lens (18-70).

The D50/70 is often comparable to the Canon Digital Rebel XT.
The D50 is cheaper though...
whatchamacallme
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
Twnty4Stvns wrote:
boone wrote:

Haha, no. Not at all.

Are you sure? I think it's a distinct possibility.