10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
I hate her!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

So me and my friend Nathan were discussing the Queen of England today because we are the kind of guys to do such things. me and him are both quite fond of her and we were wondering what the general consensus of the populace is regarding her Majesty. we've been polling the student body here at wheaton at random and i've decided to expand our poll to include the eisley forum. an added bonus being their are actually people who hail from Britain who frequent this place and their opinions would be right jolly to have.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I suppose I'm indifferent. I admire her — she's had quite a life. But then again, I feel like the whole royalty thing can be a bit silly. (Sorry to all the British folk, I mean no offense.) I guess I didn't grow up with that kind of tradition, so I don't completly understand it. I'm not one to put many people on a pedastal, I suppose. And I guess I see that with the whole royalty thing. It might be different if they still ran the country. Perhpas that's why I feel like I do ...

Anyway, I think she's rather neat, nonetheless. Despite my indifference ... I'm going to quit before the wordiness kills us all ... Shocked

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i agree with much of what antrider said. i don't really relate to the whole concept of royalty. but i admit that i would be sad to see the whole system dismantled. the queen has a reputation for being cold, doesn't she? people of a royal nature tend to be weird and disfunctional...or maybe their disfunction is just publicized more. at any rate, they are just people...but if i just happened to bump into the queen, i'd be starstruck. i mean she's a real life queen with a crown and servants and a castle...i wonder if she has a moat. if i was a queen or princess i'd have a moat with crocodiles in it.
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

The romanticism of the concept is what gets to me. There's always a wonderful, wise old queen to grace the court's presence with her regal bearing in every good story. Besides, I'm absolutely smitten with the King Arthur legends and the gallant turmoil of the knights, lads and ladies of Camelot. Dumas' musketeers series also hits a whimsical spot in my heart, dealing as it does with such beautifully sketched characters paralelled in actual history.

People need someone to hold higher than others anyway. I mean, we do it to movie stars, musicians, politicians, everyone. Throw them in the limelight and scrutinize every angle. Tell them what they're doing splendidly (usually because it serves our end of the deal) or snub them for flaws that more often than not show up in ourselves.
wow, that was pretty dang negative. sorry 'bout that. Confused

Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

I respect her quite a lot. Tis not as if I could say much more. I am not quite familiar with all of her doings. But I believe she has done a splendid job as far as I can see. Cheers to her, I say...yes yes.

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
juan
Lost at Forum

i am a resident of the united kingdom of england. my opinion. i used to say abolish the queen and form a republic. now i would say my opinion is a little different. they are a major attraction for the uk, kind of like disney world for the us, or maybe different, but when ppl visit london maybe they think there is a chance of seeing the queen, even though there isnt really, she's quite elusive!

anyway, its a good thing, how many countries have such well known royal family as us? we were once the greatest power in the world, we had an empire, i guess the royal family is as good as it gets now (not that i condone over throwing powers of other countries and theiving from their people), well anyway, i dont think many people from the uk actually relate to the royal family, their wealth and their privelages. so they are a good thing but but but, erm what was the question? yeah.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Shain
Vintage Newbie

I would respect her say if I bumped into her at the mall, I wouldnt be too sure what to say. I would most likly make a fool of myself by not knowing the jive I should to to her with or if I should talk to her, but I wouldnt be star struck. I dont know why. I would wonder why she was anywhere that I was, but that is about it.

but I dont understand royalty. I suppose if a queen was a queen she would need to run what was happening for me to fully get it. Right now I see her as a mascott.

Nothing against her though. I say that will all respect.

Sea Post King

i wouldn't be surprised if you bumped into the Queen of England, shain.

It is me, the lost Lost Boy. The Lost Boys lost me after they were through being lost. So I'm still lost. Are you lost?
Joined: 25 Jun 2003 | Posts: 139 | Location: not in Never-Never Land [tear]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I knew a guy who would have held the bathroom door for the queen had she needed it when she was visiting his acting school. Something like that ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thehalfman
Sea Post King

Regarding the Queen of England:

I believe that she has pretty much embodied the whole mess of "hustle and bustle" that has perpetuated our society up until the late 1970's. According the Webster's Dictionary of Useless Information that Somehow Pertains to Real Life but Only Exists so that People can Use it to Quote and Find the Meaning of Words, "hustle and bustle" is characterized by a total quantum of metaphysical inertias resulting in the combination of five to eight hours of sun. Of course, this only adds up to 2000, in other words, the ab-abber can only change your abs, it does nothing for your cheeks, those stay as big as they are and you can do nothing to change that. So stop trying to live in the past! On the other hand, the words of the hymns still ring true: "O, that I might change the days into hours that I might come into faster time and space!" As we can all see, this clearly talks about the relative size of dollars to pennies, which of course relates back to not only metaphysics, but physics itself.

In conclusion, the Queen of England is a severe hottie.

one west rocks my socks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shain
Vintage Newbie

whoa. deep.
Vintage Newbie

robb my friend you are easily twice the man i am....