Laughing City
walkers
Sea Post King

Went to the show in Indianapolis last night. Eisley was great. Having the show in an old church was really nice, if not differnt. I t was great to be so up close with the band. Waiting for the new CD.
lazerbith
Sea Post King

the church was gorgeous!
i loved being able to SIT DOWN...
especially because the first three bands pretty much
lasted an eternity..(sorry)...
brighten was cute.. their set was cute..good opening band.
simon dawes has talent, but its just not my kind of music..
and their songs are probably 18 minutes long.
by the time eisley finally played(10PM) i could tell everyone was
soooooo tired and droned out. (or maybe just me)
even the girls seemed VERY tired last night...
someone get them a big fancy tour bus!

the new songs are gorgeous.
i could be there for you is my favorite!
the beat is wonderful and i love the verses...
it is going to be in my head forever!

i think the crowed could've interacted more with the band,
but whatevs! seemed like stacy and sherri tried but no one responded!
booooo indy!

overall wonderful show. any eisley show is.!!

ive got some precious footage that i hope to show soon after permission.. giddyup!
walkers
Sea Post King

I know how you feel in REF. to the warm-up bands, I can recall only a few times when I really enjoyed an opening/warm-up band. I've been going to concerts since 1984(seen at least 100 shows now), and the ones I have enjoyed the most had no opening act. Rush is a group that no longer has an opening act much. You don't have to sit through an act you don't like, and your group gets to play longer! As for the crowd not being real active, some of that has to do with the group being so new to this area(Indy), and it was a week night. Fri./Sat./Sun. seem to be the nights for a show. Oh well, just my take on it.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

walkers wrote:
Rush is a group that no longer has an opening act much.

Probably because they now have like, a billion songs.

Ok, so they don't have that many songs. But I guess once a band gets to the point where they don't have time even to play all of their biggest hits in one show, it becomes a lot more reasonable for them to just take the whole show on their own so that they can play as much as possible.

Sea Post King

Eisley is a little ways off from no opening act. Sticking with Rush, they have been around since 1974, and I don't believe they went on their own til 1996. Even the Rolling Stones, who have been with us since 1964, still use an opening act 90% of the time.
Carriella
Sea Post King

i was at the show last night, and i must say that it did get very tiring having to wait through three opening acts. brighton was amazing though, but i wish that eisley would've went on right after them. i was kind of confused by the third band, seeing as how they didn't seem to fit the bill. and i liked the church and how eisley's ethereal feel fit right in with it, but with all those bodies inside, it made it incredibly hot. my girlfriend and i stood upfront through the first three bands, but by the time eisley started to set up, we were so tired and hot and sweaty that we had to leave the crowd and stand in the pews.

but it was a good show because its eisley and how could they not put on a good show. they're simply amazing. i wish they didn't have to be rushed and could've done their encore. but i'm not going to complain, because lets face it, the fact that they even played here in my town is amazing to me. i got into eisley as soon as they released their room noises cd, and i would have never guessed that a year later they'd be playing here. in such a nice small show that was very intimate.

xoxo
~Carriella
Joined: 27 Jan 2006 | Posts: 10 | Location: Noblesville, IN
Mackswell
Sea Post King

the show was great! it was a little tough to sit through those bands... but it was worth it.

i was a little more than dissapointed knowing they had to skip some songs and they couldn't do an encore...

but it was still a great experience.

i didn't think they were going to play Just Like We Do, but when Sherri handed Stacy the acoustic... ahhh i was so happy.

i almost cried, it was so beautiful.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Running a venue for 3 1/2 years, we learned real quick, only have three bands at the most!
People get bored. Also, it ends up being bad for the headlining band, because people are tired by then.
One reason that bands have openers, is to bring variety to their show, and also give up and coming bands a chance.
We will forever be greatful to Coldplay, BN, Snow Patrol, NFG, etc.
I do think that the opening bands should have strict set times that do not go so long, but....that's the way I would run a venue.
I pretty much make sure that the headlining band is setting all of the set time preferences. It is their show.
I always hate it when a venue throws on a local band without telling Eisley.
gRegor did have last night's band cleared with Eisley, but I guess it still cut into Eisley's time.
However, they were thrilled with the turnout, and seriously were surprised at the turnout for a first time stop in Indianapolis, and on a Tuesday night!
Great job to gRegor and crew!