Laughing City
JDRagz
Sea Post King

Well, I've finally seen my first live Eisley concert and I'm still on a high from last night. It was spendifferous! I shall tell the story whilst I show you pics.

The Harrison Center for the Arts. As you can see, some have already gathered before the doors open. Some bought tickets, some pre-bought tickets. Nonetheless, they all had tickets.

Whilst my friends and I were standin' by the door, some girls gave us left over pizza. It was good. So thanks to the camera shy pizza girls!

The line began to grow quite long nearing the time of open. Oh, and the open was pushed back to 7:30 due to sound problems I'm guessing.

See Boyd as he distracts a guy long enough to give the kids a chance to make their getaway. Boyd, you sacrifice yourself in so many ways. Wait... What about the show?! Hey!

When I walked into the church, I was sure I heard angels singing but then realized that it was just Eisley's music in my head.

I managed to obtain a nice close up of the guitarsgalorer. See Eisley guitars, see Sherri's Starbucks sticker, see the acoustic guitar in the back? Fantastic!

Before Wolfy started, I grabbed some Eisley swag. I just want to say, the guy running the merch is a worker, and it's a big thing to be trusted with thousands of dollars, both in merch and in cash. *nods*

Here be Wolfy! Personally, I think it was the best of the three opening bands. Their sound was just right... Minus the speaker buzzing... I give Wolfy a 10/10!

Then came Brighten. A verytalentedd group as well. Although, not as good as Wolfy, which I previously mentioned. Yay Brighten! Hurray Brighten! I could really get used to listening to them.

Sherri decided to make a cameoappearancee. You'd think she's been singing it for awhile now or somethin'. *shrug* Wink

Then came Simon Dawes, who I think kinda over stayed their welcome. I liked their first and last song the best. So if they did the first, I guess two shorter ones in the middle and then the last one, that would've been peachy. We were all tired, and wanted to see the headliner. A couple jokes were said to wake us up, but to noavaile. What did work for a short time though was when Eisley was mentioned. That ended quickly though when two more songs were to be coming up. *yawn* Simon Dawes gets an "A" for effort though.

Alass, the anticipation begin to build more as the men were setting up, and Weston doing some of his own setup tweaking.

Whilst the peoplez were finishing the setup, I snagged a picture of the musical selection for the evening.

I had the chance to get a paper after the concert, which I did, but I gave it to my friend Allen, 'cause there was only one. He gave me a poster because he already got one, and autographed in Chicago, and I wanted to return the favor. So happy birthday Allen! You better treat it well! *sniff*

So, the lights go out, and then begins to play this great music (which I've never heard before, so I don't know the name) and you could just feel the entire room getting exciting, and then, you see them enter...

Here's Eisley! See them all gettin' ready to jam?

They opened with (as you can see from the list) with Mr. Pine. It was excellent. The entire show was great. It was also alot better than other concerts where people say "they never sound as good live as they do on CD." Besides the sound/speaker dealings, I thought it was perfect. Props to Eisley and Mark!

Check out Garron's great glasses! Or are they Weston's glasses and Garron is just wearing them? Or perhaps they were stollen from a tramp off the street! (Okay, I know the glasses were given to them.)

I wanted to be sure to get a good photo of each DuPree present. So here they is:

Special picture for Kim, because I'm sure she misses her man. Thanx for posing Boyd! Smart man! heh

All of the songs were excellent. I really liked the "jungley" music, I also like the word "jungley." For that matter, I liked the phrase "flimsy limsy" which Sherri used. lol Invasion was great, and my most favorite of all, Plenty of Paper was off the sketchbook! Okay, bad pun, I know. Over the Mountains was skipped, which was sad, but I understand. Time was running short.

Also, note to Stacy, I can't speak for anyone else, but it's never past my bed time.

Allen and I were dancing to "Memories." Allen "wrote" the moves and I just followed along and soon we were just in sync. lol We discovered that "I'm the one who is gone." *tsk*

I pretty much swayed to every song if I wasn't taking pictures. It was fantastic. "Just Like We Do" was absolutely wonderful. Definitely one of those lighters/cellphone swinging songs, which Allen and I did. Lucky guy had a light for his cam-phone, so he out shined me... *sigh*

Then last but not least, Trolly Wood!

Of course, we all snapped our fingures, and clapped. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all over of friendship, unity, and Eisley-ness. It was sad to see the show end. I wouldn't have minded if it lasted a little while longer. Like a week or more, but alas, it didn't. I have to share with other Eisley-ites the gift of a live Eisley concert.

Thank you for coming Eisley! I enjoyed it very much so! Now I must get info on that place that I heard about from my friend Jenny that supposedly is twice the size of the Harrison Center. When I get the phone number and address of the place, I shall message gRegor.

Thank you!

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
Last edited by JDRagz on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Haha Garron wore the glasses!

Coool.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

great pics and setlist! I'm hoping the setlist is similar in Houston, but I'm really holding out for Treetops. It's always been my favorite live.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Very cool pictures and story. Thanks.
HeavierThanBuddha
Sea Post King

at first i thought this was about your trip to an art museum or whatever, then i saw boyd and realized this was a concert review....and i was like uh....wut??? thats cause most venues where i am are converted warehouse buildings. they don't look like harvard.
JDRagz
Sea Post King

HeavierThanBuddha wrote:
at first i thought this was about your trip to an art museum or whatever, then i saw boyd and realized this was a concert review....and i was like uh....wut??? thats cause most venues where i am are converted warehouse buildings. they don't look like harvard.

lol Well, it wasn't Harvard. It was a church connected to the Harrison Center for the Arts (which the church owns apparently). This place is becoming a popular place for Underground shows in our area. Warehouses around here are usually snatched up by the city or a company, and either turned into a company, or apartments. *shakes head*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kyle
Lost at Forum

That was awesome, thank you mustly Laughing
JDRagz
Sea Post King

kyle wrote:
That was awesome, thank you mustly Laughing

Thank you. You're vury quite welcome. Laughing

lazerbith
Sea Post King

im glad someone took pics.
be thankful that you could! at the last 3 eisley shows i've attended it was FORBIDDEN to snap photos!
i took tons and tons of video.
once i smallerize the files im hoping to post.

i think i saw you.
were you sort of super tall and standing in the front the whole time?
judd
Sea Post King

oh man, what a wonderful narrative.

thanks so much for sharing.

and they both had glasses. Wink

myspace.com/juddortiz
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Weston is lookin' totally hardcore with his new do.
Sea Post King

lazerbith wrote:
im glad someone took pics.
be thankful that you could! at the last 3 eisley shows i've attended it was FORBIDDEN to snap photos!
i took tons and tons of video.
once i smallerize the files im hoping to post.

i think i saw you.
were you sort of super tall and standing in the front the whole time?

I am very thankful. Smile

And yeah, I was the super tall guy standing pretty much infront of the right speaker the entire time, except for Eisley. Stayed there for about 10 mins and then moved around to get other pics. I stayed up there the entire time so I could be sure to get good close ups, because I knew once I left, there was pretty much no chance of getting back there.

judd wrote:
oh man, what a wonderful narrative.

thanks so much for sharing.

and they both had glasses. Wink

Thanx for the "wonderful" comment. Smile

Okay, so only Garron wore them that night. heh

plentyofpages
Sea Post King

each weston and garron were given glasses haha

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Allen looks like he is having one of those televangelist moments, except people are looking at him like he is nuts. Very funny!
Valerie
Lost at Forum

JDRagz wrote:
That's me and my mom sitting on the pedastal, because we're special.
The other pictures are nice too. Wink
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1114 | Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address