Laughing City
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

The show tonite was amazing...I simply cant put it into words, but I will give it a shot anyways. So, I live 5 minutes from the venue, So i was the first in line. Me and my sister were able to "sneak" in and hear some of the soundcheck. I also ran into Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory (Chad is seriously my idol. He inspired me to pick up a guitar.) So that was incredible. We we're able to watch about 10 minutes of the soundcheck until security kicked us out. I told Chad i would see him later. As we we're waiting in line we saw Sherri, Stacy and Cristie setting up the merch, and playin a piano in the hall. We could hear it well. I was able to wave to Sherri and Stacy and Weston. Right before doors opend Boyd walked out and I had a breif chat with him. He was real nice. When the doors open I ran right to the front and got the 2nd row seat (yeah, thats right seats) Brighten and Simon Dawes was not able to play for the night. So they had two other arists play (i'll edit names in later). During Golly Sandra, the power but out, so all we could hear was the direct amps. And we couldn't hear the piano. The problom was quickly fixed, and the show went on. During the set the girls kept commenting on how they couldn't see the crowd, just a bunch of smog. I can't remember exactly what song it was, but Chad ran to the front allong with Rick Devo, and Chris Georrigin and called EVERYONE to come up to the stage. Since I was sitting so close, I ran directly in front. The show was simply amazing. They all hit their vocals perfectly. Not a note was missed. The only thing that was bad was when the power cut out. Oh! and I also met Jamie, and Jocelyn, had a quick chat. When they were done after Trollywood, I was able to get a setlist and talk with Boyd some more about the show at Cal State Fullerton. Needless to say. This was the best nite of my life. Thank you Eisley, Boyd, Chad and everyone who else made the show an amazing nite.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wesley
Sea Post King

I agree.. it was a fun night... a lot of positive energy... just a joy to be there.
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

I'm glad you had a good time. I'll be seeing them tonight!
And that's awesome how the show was 5 minutes away from your house!

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address