Laughing City
berlies_
Lost at Forum

I just wanted to know who all was going to be at the Los Angeles show at the House of Blues on the 26th. I know I'll be there, and boy Jamie (antrider) will be there. We'll be the cool kids of the show...obviiiooously.

I'm kinda bummed though. HOB has a strict camera policy. They make you check it in with the valet people, and if they see you with it inside they'll come get you. It's quite ridiculous. Big poo poo heads. I want my memories!

So I dunno. I don't understand the purpose of that anyway.

But yeah, regardless, I'm excited. I kinda wanna make a shirt that says berlies on it. How much would that rock? With like an airbrushed laughing city. Oh man.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I plan a fight for this camera policy. Ohhh ... they think they're good. But I'll take it to them. Shocked

Also, Jocelyn (terebinthia) and Chelsea (nevernever?) will be there. Molly (a lurker), too! Should be good times. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
easternglow
Sea Post King

I am! Very Happy

God, I hate the HOB camera rules. Darned memory-stealers!
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

That sucks about the camera thing. I'm sure you can get away without using flash if you can find a way to smuggle one in.

The last HOB show I went to didn't allow smoking or moshing/body surfing, yet many people smoked(even some band members on stage) and there was extreme amounts of moshing and body surfing.
Eno_Not_Emo
Sea Post King

I'll be there.
It's gonna be rockin, methinks.

"So there. Mexican food. La Tremenda!! Que' tal, Juan. Su Madre' es bonito perdo ella nadis es malo por favor. Pongan el sulegar in el ciesto por favor, commidant. El gusto es mio, Francisco. Estudia esquela? NO. malo!! NO. Tu tienne una cabesa grande y gordo y malo...pero neccessito levantarse su cabesa delgada muchacho. si! ahora!. hoy! hoy! cabesa azul!! nadis!! no! su nadis no es mio!! grande!!! comer! beber! ahora!"
— Boyd
kat the drive-in
Sea Post King

(It's been a long time since i've visited these forums... hello everyone!)

Anyway, I will be there most definitely. I'm psyched!

AND STUFF

and music
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 78 | Location: Southern California and Where the Wild Things Are
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

kat the drive-in wrote:
(It's been a long time since i've visited these forums... hello everyone!)

Anyway, I will be there most definitely. I'm psyched!

Awesome! We need a good, central meeting place. hmmm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kat the drive-in
Sea Post King

True.

(Though... I must say that I haven't been to this particular venue before, so....iwouldntbemuchhelp)
Embarassed

AND STUFF

and music
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 78 | Location: Southern California and Where the Wild Things Are
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

kat the drive-in wrote:
True.

(Though... I must say that I haven't been to this particular venue before, so....iwouldntbemuchhelp)
Embarassed

Hmm. I've never been, either. I'll try to get something worked out if we don't come up with a group decision.

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

I'll be there! I can't wait!
- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
IGotTheFireTonight
Sea Post King

I'll be there. As well as here in me home town, Ventura.

I think you can't take pictures because there's some sort of privacy thing. Since you're on private property, I guess you have to have people's permission to take pictures of them, whereas, if you notice, most outdoor shows (ie, Warped Tour, Coachella, etc...) have no rules against cameras, because you're out in the open, like being on the street.

MySpace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

IGotTheFireTonight wrote:
I'll be there. As well as here in me home town, Ventura.

I think you can't take pictures because there's some sort of privacy thing. Since you're on private property, I guess you have to have people's permission to take pictures of them, whereas, if you notice, most outdoor shows (ie, Warped Tour, Coachella, etc...) have no rules against cameras, because you're out in the open, like being on the street.

Yeah, they have the right to do it, but that doesn't stop it from being completely asinine.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

yep, i'll be there. Smile
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
duleygirl
Sea Post King

I met a girl at last year's NFG show in STL that would duct tape a disposable camera to the inside of her leg. She said security never touched her there! Effective as well, because I took her picture with Eisley with that camera that came out of her pants...

berlies_
Lost at Forum

There really isn't that good of a place to meet, especially since the crazy ones (like me) will be there early in line to secure my spot in front of the stage.

Maybe I'll wear something crazy like a clown costume....or not. I'll be that girl in jeans and a tshirt.