Laughing City
walkers
Sea Post King

After seeing Eisley live, I think they would be one of those bands where a screen behind the group would really add to some of their songs. I don't mean videos like we see on M T.V., but if you have seen Pink Floyd or Rush, they have videos just for the live shows. Often the video runs for just a few seconds during the song it was made for(video of old clocks for Time and a wall for Another Bick in the Wall by Pink Floyd. Rush will display their emblem during some songs, or the CD cover from which the song came from). I know, a lot to ask at this stage of the game for Eisley, but it never hurts to wish.
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Linkin Park used to do that too. Good times.

I really prefer old fashioned performing. The flashy lights and videos tend to steer the attention away from the performance.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Flaming Lips... Mew, do too... and Sigur Ros had images projected onto a screen infront of them...

And the Ester Drang, If I remember right had something.

So quite a few.

But I dunno about Eisley. I aint even seen them. From what I've seen on videos and pictures, it may distract from the girls' stage presence.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Caley
Lost at Forum

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
...But I dunno about Eisley. I aint even seen them. From what I've seen on videos and pictures, it may distract from the girls' stage presence.

It would. I'm quite content with their stage set-up because, to me, their stage presence is cool enough. When other things are going on, like take videos or intellilights for example, I tend to get ADD and then I feel bummed out about missing something or the entire set because I'm going "sweet video" for its entirety. I have to say that the Eisley shows are my favorite because they don't need that extra production stuff to make it a great show-- their music and amazing stage presence takes care of that. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Caley on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
walkers
Sea Post King

I understand what you are saying, but if the music is good and the members are good, it only adds to the show.
rickychristopher
Sea Post King

yeah it totally adds to the show. bands like depeche mode, the cure, & a perfect circle have all used big screens behind them to play stuff which most of the time just adds to the atmosphere. i don't know if eisley is ready to have a big screen behind them, but i can definatly see that for them in the future!

www.myspace.com/thehundredmen
Joined: 03 Jan 2006 | Posts: 31 | Location: outside of philadelphia, pa
gallowspole74
Sea Post King

I dunno how much I would like it. I suppose it would add to the atmosphere, as long as it was just like filler or something. Like an addition to the stage presence, not the focus.
walkers
Sea Post King

To make my idea a bit more clear, I stated that the groups I have seen use the screen run video CLIPS(20-30 second runs) not full length videos.
Also, most of the people I speak with who have doubts on the matter have never been to a show where the screen is used. I had bought Exit Stage Left, a live Rush album in 1984. I noticed on some of the songs, the crowd would go wild right in the middle of the song. I could not figure out why they would do that. That summer I saw Rush live in Indianapolis. I then figured out why they would go wild, there were short video runs being played at that time.[/i]
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

i don't know how much they'd like their faces being blown upon the screens..
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Big screen!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:

Big screen!

haha yeah that was when they didn't know.. then boyd tell them afterwards.. and they were like "what!" lol