Laughing City
NotSoPunk
Sea Post King

I was just listening to Head Against the Sky while I read chapter 3 of Revelation. I hardly read my bible and the chorus has renewed something in my faith. Today I start a new chapter while keeping my head against the sky.

Theres truly One who cares for me today and eteranlly

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

thats so cool:)
you know, the Dupree's are Christians, so I imagine they draw inspiration from the Bible.
Caley
Lost at Forum

That's a pretty sweet epiphany.
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

cool! I've always loved that chorus from HATS... it makes me think of God and how he loves and cares for me no matter how much I screw up. Very Happy

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I wrote about Head Against the Sky in my RMPS dissertation. But it was too long with that included, so I had to cut it. The title is "The Religious Experience of Eisley: A William James Analysis".

That's cool how it helped you renew your faith. I sure hope that the DuPree's will find that inspiring. I know I find it inspiring. I read my bible way too little. I think I'll keep that in mind. Thankyou. Smile

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
I wrote about Head Against the Sky in my RMPS dissertation. But it was too long with that included, so I had to cut it. The title is "The Religious Experience of Eisley: A William James Analysis".

That rocks. I've done papers on the anthropological experience of Radiohead, and it was the most fun I've ever had writing any academic work.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RollingPasture
Sea Post King

You should make a thread for that, Hannah. It'd be pretty interesting.
Joined: 30 Nov 2005 | Posts: 451 | Location: Jolly Old Kansas
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I should! I lost the original file, but it's online somewhere. I'll have to track it down.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryan Adams
Golly, Poster

NotSoPunk wrote:

Is that a passage from Revelation 3 or something?
Because if it is, I can't find it...

Sea Post King

Ryan Adams wrote:
NotSoPunk wrote:

Is that a passage from Revelation 3 or something?
Because if it is, I can't find it...

Thats just alittle piece of me, but I'm sure theres something similar to it somewhere in the bible. These are some of my favorite passages in Revelation.

Rev. 3:5
All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my father and his angels that they are mine.

Rev. 3:8
I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can shut. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.

This passage in Hebrews 12 really got through to me too.
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

I did a painting yesterday inspired by this one
Luke9:23-25
23 Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find true life. 25 What good is it for you to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit your very self?

Our true identities are our identities in Christ. If you don't have your identitly in Christ you don't know who you are. I'd rationalize listening to music that I knew was wrong by saying "I'm just being myself" when truly that is not myself at all.

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

That rocks. I've done papers on the anthropological experience of Radiohead, and it was the most fun I've ever had writing any academic work.

That's crazy! What did you write about? I'm an Anthro major, so I'm curious.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA