Laughing City
plentyofpages
Sea Post King

ok, yes, i know that post stirred up a lot of drama, and i just wanted to say sorry. but i only thought that people should be aware of what is going on. i've deleted everything i had, except what's not locked like the trolleywood pictures and whatnot, so now you can stop harassing me on having pics that were actually POSTED.

but seriously, alls i am saying is just stop hacking sherri and her friends, you have no idea how much it effects them. i would know because i've had journals, my aim screen name, and my photobuckets hacked before. it's not a great feeling.

Last edited by plentyofpages on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

it's not just Sherri's stuff they are hacking.
plentyofpages
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
it's not just Sherri's stuff they are hacking.

well i know a lot of it is sherri's stuff :\

boone
Vintage Newbie

What I find sad is that this will never be a civilized discussion. You came at it from a much better angle this time, but for some reason, the animosity of some people just comes out in this topic. Maybe they feel guilty, and need to justify themselves without coming right out with it. I don't know.
plentyofpages
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
What I find sad is that this will never be a civilized discussion. You came at it from a much better angle this time, but for some reason, the animosity of some people just comes out in this topic. Maybe they feel guilty, and need to justify themselves without coming right out with it. I don't know.

i just felt bad for what i said earlier, i was pretty mad so i vented, and i approached it the wrong way. i just don't want sherri to think i'm hacking her or anything because i had a few locked pics! i wouldn't even know how to hack my way out of a paper bag...

boone
Vintage Newbie

plentyofpages wrote:
boone wrote:

i just felt bad for what i said earlier, i was pretty mad so i vented, and i approached it the wrong way. i just don't want sherri to think i'm hacking her or anything because i had a few locked pics! i wouldn't even know how to hack my way out of a paper bag...

I don't know if hacking is the proper name, but it seems to be the best way to describe what's going on. I think what happens is a few people either figure out their passwords, or randomly guess picture file names, or visit their Photobuckets constantly to take advantage of the rare times the girls made them public. I guess there are programs that you can download all the pictures off of a given photobucket account. Then they host the pictures themselves. Then, people come along and find these large collections of pictures, not knowing that they were supposed to be private; so they download them and make icons and things of them.

I doubt the band minds that occasionally they see a picture that they didn't post in public, but there are a few pictures that they're not happy that got out, and knowing that people are taking the time to "hack" their pictures must be pretty disconcerting. You're already seeing less pictures being posted on their journals and such.

plentyofpages
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
plentyofpages wrote:
boone wrote:

I don't know if hacking is the proper name, but it seems to be the best way to describe what's going on. I think what happens is a few people either figure out their passwords, or randomly guess picture file names, or visit their Photobuckets constantly to take advantage of the rare times the girls made them public. I guess there are programs that you can download all the pictures off of a given photobucket account. Then they host the pictures themselves. Then, people come along and find these large collections of pictures, not knowing that they were supposed to be private; so they download them and make icons and things of them.

I doubt the band minds that occasionally they see a picture that they didn't post in public, but there are a few pictures that they're not happy that got out, and knowing that people are taking the time to "hack" their pictures must be pretty disconcerting. You're already seeing less pictures being posted on their journals and such.

Exactly! They can't even post pictures using photobuckets, because I know stacy was getting hacked, which is why she stopped using it. Sherri has also, she started using flickr because it is more secure, unless you have the persons email address. chad has even got his deal of being hacked, but those pictures have been posted allover greatestjournal, most of the ones i've seen at least.

in fact, there is this photobucket hacker, where if you add a picture link, i think it gives you the entire album of those pictures, or something like that, which is why i hate using photobucket for my own personals, because my eisley pictures, my personal ones, were stolen from me and i had to post them because of that, because they were going to get out anyways.

it's hard having things on the internet without someone hacking into them, i'm afraid to even use photobucket or my own journal at times.

boone
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, it seems that Photobucket is extremely insecure. Nobody really messes with mine, but I don't really have any personal pictures on it. If I ever do, I'll probably get a flickr account.
plentyofpages
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
Yeah, it seems that Photobucket is extremely insecure. Nobody really messes with mine, but I don't really have any personal pictures on it. If I ever do, I'll probably get a flickr account.

flickr is great, it just confuses me, but i've been using photobucket for about... three years now, and i didn't get these problems until recently when this new photobucket hacker popped up.

liketheactors
Sea Post King

boone wrote:

if this is in anyway the idea you've gotten from what i said, i don't feel guilty. i don't have anything to feel guilty about, because i didn't do anything. i just happened to know of this person and know people who have dealt with this person, and it was frustrating to read something when a few days ago a friend of mine was being asked for things by the poster.

----

as to the other stuff, there are people who never meant any harm to anyone, and who never did anything but associate with someone who associated with someone else.. if you get what i'm saying?

i really think one topic about this was enough?
norad
Vintage Newbie

wait, your friend hacks their photobuckets? i don't understand what you're saying.
boone
Vintage Newbie

liketheactors wrote:
boone wrote:

if this is in anyway the idea you've gotten from what i said, i don't feel guilty. i don't have anything to feel guilty about, because i didn't do anything. i just happened to know of this person and know people who have dealt with this person, and it was frustrating to read something when a few days ago a friend of mine was being asked for things by the poster.

----

as to the other stuff, there are people who never meant any harm to anyone, and who never did anything but associate with someone who associated with someone else.. if you get what i'm saying?

i really think one topic about this was enough?

No, I wasn't referring to anybody in particular. I don't think I read your post before, either, so I was never referring to you.

plentyofpages
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
wait, your friend hacks their photobuckets? i don't understand what you're saying.

neither do i......

liketheactors
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:

no? i just said that she asked my friend for things before, which a friend of hers gave her. i don't have a clue who gets it. but i've been told some of it used to be public a long time ago, or was public for short periods of time.

i was just trying to make it clear that i don't feel guilty, because i haven't done anything to anyone.
norad
Vintage Newbie

okay, i didn't know what you were talking about at first.