Laughing City
why yes i'm a depphead
Laughing Citizen

Looking at all the pictures, videos, and reviews, I'm kind of more than a little upset that Trolleywood wasn't played at the Atlanta show. Ah, well.
Joined: 25 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1847 | Location: by land, by sea, by dirigible
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

that sucks...they preform it the best live...they get all the bands and they all sing and dance and act silly
kyle
Lost at Forum

I couldn't agree more.
At the NYC show people chanted for it at the end and Sherri said none of them could remember the chords.
I'm hoping that maybe after that they rehearsed it and decided to add it to the set, and she wasn't just lying Shocked

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

The chords for what? They don't play the guitar during that song. They just basically sing and clap and Stacy, Justin, and the Simon Dawes guy just mess around on the keyboard. Maybe she was lying Shocked
Christophjam
Sea Post King

There is A guitar part in Trolleywood, formerly played by Chauntelle, if you check old clips,etc. Sherri never played guitar in it, though, as far as I know.

In Boston, the very first show they played Trolleywood in on this tour(yes we win!), Chauntelle said she didn't know the chords, but they were gonna play it anyways. and now, though I'm sure she remembers, the song is pretty filled out with all the keyboards and extra people, so she still doesn't play. She should sing Cool
bitterxending
Sea Post King

Christophjam wrote:
She should sing Cool

I LOVE HER VOICE.

OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

In Toronto, after they played Like The Actors for encore, Sherri went to hand the acoustic to Stacy for Just Like We Do, but a whole bunch of people, who I assume didn't know Eisley very well, screamed for Trolleywood. Stacy was like; " (apologetic voice) Trolleywood? No." and they all kind of moaned and groaned, figuring the band wasn't going to play it. But I was like, "You silly people. They're gonna play it after Just Like We Do."

When they did, the crowd went crazy.

Vintage Newbie

bitterxending wrote:
Christophjam wrote:
She should sing Cool

I LOVE HER VOICE.

she would sound so good in that song...it would sound cool with three people

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
The chords for what? They don't play the guitar during that song. They just basically sing and clap and Stacy, Justin, and the Simon Dawes guy just mess around on the keyboard. Maybe she was lying Shocked
Well, piano has chords, too.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

Yes I know, but my point was that when they play it live they aren't really playing the instruments the correct way because they're just messing around and having fun. They could just be up there singing and clapping and the audience would enjoy it just the same.

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

Yes I know, but my point was that when they play it live they aren't really playing the instruments the correct way because they're just messing around and having fun. They could just be up there singing and clapping and the audience would enjoy it just the same.

it's all coming together now Very Happy

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

you beat me.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twnty4Stvns
Golly, Poster

treetops12 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

All musical songs have a key, and also chords inside the key. If a song didn't have chords, there wouldn't be a melody allowed to sing it. Stacy does play a keyboard part, and I'm sure the other dudes know what key the song is in....so the song does in fact have chords, with or without the traditional instruments playing

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 | Posts: 634 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX
KiltsAreAwesome
Sea Post King

At the San Diego show they closed with Trolley wood. I was afraid they weren't going to play it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

KiltsAreAwesome wrote:
At the San Diego show they closed with Trolley wood. I was afraid they weren't going to play it.

i think it's the best song they preform live Very Happy