Laughing City
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Great show. Loads of fun. After tonight, I feel very honored to be from Dallas, since apparently we make them feel really good.

Anyways, here are the pics. I wasn't up close like everyone else who takes pictures is, but oh well. Enjoy.

Haha, oh yeah. I'll never feel the same about pictures of Eisley now. Not after Sherri talked about how they feel when they look at the ones we post online. Oh well! Sherri, Chauntelle, Stacy, Weston, Garron - you're all nice people! We enjoyed your show tonight!

AreYouListening87
Sea Post King

those are awesome pics! Thanks so much!!

hey did you get any pics of the opener simon dawes? Very Happy Wink

The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

man, the openers were great. I really enjoyed Brighten.

pie throwing, beach balls, a scaredy cat the couldn't catch a break, and diapers were all a part of this show that was so entertaining. You guys did an EXCELLENT job. Smile

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
Tyler Durden
Golly, Poster

I was confused because I thought Lovedrug was performing. Luvbeat was great! Plus I got to see what's inside Jamie's trunk!

myspace
last.fm
Joined: 30 Nov 2003 | Posts: 570 | Location: Somewhere between Hurst, Plano, and Richardson, TX
mbrown603
Sea Post King

No pictures but here's a text review:

Great show at the Granada tonight. My first time seeing Eisley when it wasn't 108 degrees Fahrenheit (1st time I saw Eisley was at the Austin City Limits Music Festival last September - It was the hottest day of my life). So here's my review: We arrived at the start of Simon Dawes set. Very good band, reminded me of the Frames from Ireland. They did a cover of Burning Down The House", excellent. After Simon Dawes we went to the lobby & stood near the merch table hoping to meet Kimbertones, but no luck. Saw Chauntelle having her picture taken by fans, told Ellen, "We'll see that one on Laughing City in the morning". Then the noise from inside the theater told us Eisley was about to begin. Grabbed a spot just in front of Mark & the mixing board just in time for the David Hasselhoff song.

Since the crowd always spends each show yelling "Mr. Pine!", it's very clever to start the show with Mr. Pine. That will shut them up. Plus what a great song to start with. Please make it a track on album #2. The setlist was a perfect mix of old old, Room Noises & brand new. This being the last show of the tour, there were a few pranks during Eisley's set. Simon Dawes' guitarist (I think that's who it was. He was playing the same Telecaster) came out & started playing Jimmy Page type lead on a piano & voice song (the title of which escapes me now). Very funny & actually pretty good lead playing too. Chauntelle handing over her place on the stage to the interloper was worth the price of admission.

Sherri's comments about what the band thought of the amateur photography of this tour showing up on Laughing City made me chuckle (and think I'm glad I left the camera at home). That didn't stop the flash photography. So I expect to see more great shots of the final night (thanks sukieinthe for getting the jump on everyone else). This band needs to be headlining Nokia Live next tour with the sound mixed perfectly & the band lighted like they are at the House of Blues.

Anyway, Ellen & I were heading to the car when we saw Boyd standing by the van. I said hello & told him I was one of the senior citizens of Laughing City & thought the band was going to be huge, and soon. He was a busy Boyd, so I let him be. But what a great show.

You all in Memphis, enjoy the show tomorrow.
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

haha, the guitar moment was during "I Wasn't Prepared" if i'm not mistaken, but i will say that it was awesome to meet kimbertones and talk some more to Boyd after meeting him in Tulsa..and yes Luvbeat was excellent (i will proudly wear my ninja headband on monday to school)
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Nice pics.
oosker
Sea Post King

Eisley was greeeeat. The crowd wasn't the best but it was okay. What time did Luvbeat come on? I think I got there at like 8:20 and Brighten was at the end of their set... I thought the show started at 8?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

That was pretty much the most fun I've had at an Eisley show other than the New Year's 2004/2005 show. Pictures soon.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ptah
Sea Post King

Ok, so did all of you attending the Dallas show like the Granada or what? Great venue, and great band - fun times.
LuvBeat ruled! They need a longer set next time. Everyone was wearing their LB headbands around the theater, that was fun to see.

Eisley's set was great. I felt bad for Chauntelle having tech problems during most of the show. She seemed to be smiling & laughing through it, though - those things happen. Good mixes of old & new songs. I really like the new stuff - Very strong. I finally got to see them with great stage lighting, that really helped the mood, I thought. "Just Like We Do" slayed me again, just an amazing song - gets me every time.
All the "end of tour" hi-jinks was great. Nice to see that all the bands got along so well on this tour. I think that's the most pranks I've seen at a one show. Each band had at least one or two funny things happen during their set.

Good times...

P.

oh yeah, hi Boyd, Kim, Chad, Kyle, John David, and any others I ran into...great seeing you all again. John David, congrats on getting married!

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

What did Sherri say?
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

seems like you got alot of good pictures. Smile
i was too far on the right in the middle section to get any good ones.
Cobra
Sea Post King

yall are making me feel bad for not being able to go...

nice pics

Cobra
Sea Post King

I think i might have killed the topic
sorry

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Tyler Durden wrote:
I was confused because I thought Lovedrug was performing. Luvbeat was great! Plus I got to see what's inside Jamie's trunk!

Was there junk in Jamie's trunk?

Razz

I also forgot the Philadelphia show in June 2005. That was a ton of fun. So it was the most fun I've had at an Eisley show since last summer.

And dang, I still need to post Luvbeat photos.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers