Laughing City
evilocdsquirrel13

oh my gosh. AMAZING. end of story. my friend courtney and i were right in front of chauntelle at the meridian..yes, with the badly sharpie'd E's on our cheeks..it's the thought that counts really, and in our minds we were showing the love. =] she (chauntelle) is really beautiful..her smile is like A-FREAKINGMAZING. i was the hyper deaf one in the trolleywood shirt. i had so much fun doing ASL to all the songs i knew!! it was great! due to the fact that her face is not in a mic all the time, chauntelle's lips are quite easy to read. OH..MYGOSH i LOOOVED being so close to the stage..i could feel the vibrations like whoa...so i kept my hands spread lightly on the stage..and probably looked like an idiot. but that matters not..i got to see eisley in concert. i find it funny actually that when you're signing and you are hard of hearing, not deaf, people come up BEHIND you and ask you if you are deaf...if you're behind them they can't read your lips, nor could they hear the question...but oh well. yes. we wanted desperately to meet chauntelle..as courtney said "it's like at the moment the rest of the band is chopped liver." to which i replied "no, they're the onions" the conversation that ensued was one of much laughter and questions like "so..do they have bad breath?" yes yes we are insane...we were so sad that they started shooing us out of the meridian...we were going to wait...oh well...*sigh*
the songs, from where i was standing and due to the fact that i am profoundly deaf, consisted of vibrations and a little bit of bassy sounds. it made me so sad to not be able to hear sherri and stacy...it stunk. but it was fun to just be in their presence and quite literally feel the music. hopefully next tour i will be able to hear them perfectly. i am having surgery may the 26th. it seems they want to shove tubing down my ears or something...but whatever. this has been a summary of the eisley concert at the meridian in houston texas.
 |  | 
Last edited by evilocdsquirrel13 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Caley
Lost at Forum

Haha "they're the onions" made me laugh. That was a pretty sweet account from the show! They really do have a great stage presence.

I really hope that your surgery goes well and that the next Eisley show you go to you'll be able to hear Sherri and Stacy live for the first time clearly and wholly.

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

wow,thats awesome,thanks for sharing Smile
Protocol Droid

That's awesome. We have another member of the forum who I think has had a similar surgery (whose name I won't use in case said member wants to remain anonymous). And it seems to be working out so far. So I hope the surgery goes well, and I'm happy that you got to enjoy this show, and proved that music is something that goes beyond the sound. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

what an awesome story. i too hope the surgery goes well. you seem extremely mature and wise for your age. Smile
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
evilocdsquirrel13

nevernever wrote:
what an awesome story. i too hope the surgery goes well. you seem extremely mature and wise for your age. Smile

thanks. =]
 |  | 
Ryan5

sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you can't hear them, or hear them very well, how do you like them? like what about them do you like? just curious.
 |  | 
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

haha, i love the coming up behind and asking if you're deaf part! silly people. glad had you fun.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
evilocdsquirrel13

Ryan5 wrote:
sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you can't hear them, or hear them very well, how do you like them? like what about them do you like? just curious.

i cant. i feel music. Very Happy
 |  | 
Last edited by evilocdsquirrel13 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:35 am; edited 3 times in total
evilocdsquirrel13

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
haha, i love the coming up behind and asking if you're deaf part! silly people. glad had you fun.

thanks! you'd be surprised how many people do that...
 |  | 
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

wow. that's probably one of my favorite concert reviews ever. Very Happy
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

evilocdsquirrel13 wrote:
LeslieAnnLevine wrote:

honestly, it's something i would probably do. Embarassed i think your attitude towards everything is really awesome and uplifting. and you gave a great account of the show, i hope that surgery works out well too. you'll have to let us know! or you know if you want, you don't have to! Razz
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
you seem extremely mature and wise for your age. Smile
I agree.
evilocdsquirrel13

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
evilocdsquirrel13 wrote:
LeslieAnnLevine wrote:

honestly, it's something i would probably do. Embarassed i think your attitude towards everything is really awesome and uplifting. and you gave a great account of the show, i hope that surgery works out well too. you'll have to let us know! or you know if you want, you don't have to! Razz

i will. =] lol. thanks.
 |  | 
evilocdsquirrel13

McKenzies wrote:
nevernever wrote:
you seem extremely mature and wise for your age. Smile
I agree.

thank you! Embarassed Laughing
 |  |