Laughing City
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

Eisley's performance of "Golly Sandra" at Austin City Limits Festival last year will get an official release along with some DVD-set which is supposedly going to have Eisley footage.

Note from Boyd: The DVD is available on Eisley's itunes page... err, maybe it's not the dvd. If you go to http://www.aclfestival.com , you'll see the ad (mini cd) at the bottom. Click it. The real deal is a dvd/cd package.

Please allow me to plagarize from Pitchfork:

On June 20, Image Entertainment will release a double CD and two-disc DVD chronicling last year's festival. The Austin City Limits Music Festival 2005 DVD features performances from Jet, Allman Brothers Band, the Bravery, Thievery Corporation, the Black Keys, Kasabian, Bloc Party, the Frames, Kaiser Chiefs, Blues Traveler, Ambulance LTD, Eisley, the Decemberists, Jason Mraz, Mike Doughty, Aqualung, Keane, Rachael Yamagata, Robert Earl Keen, Steve Earle Keen, Steve Earle and the Dukes, Gov't Mule, John Prine, John Butler Trio, and Widespread Panic, interviews with Ambulance LTD, Aqualung, the Black Keys, Blues Traveler, the Bravery, the Decmberists, Gov't Mule, Jason Mraz, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Keane, Mike Doughty, Rachael Yamagata, and Widespread Panic, mini-documentaries on Ambulance LTD, Blues Traveler, Ruthie Foster, and Roky Erickson, photo galleries, and more.

CD tracklist:

Disc one:

01 Jet - "Cold Hard Bitch"
02 Bloc Party - "This Modern Love"
03 Thievery Corporation - "Warning Shots"
04 Aqualung - "Brighter Than Sunshine"
05 Keane - "We Might as Well Be Strangers"
06 Jason Mraz - "Did You Get My Message?"
07 Ambulance LTD - "Primitive (The Way I Treat You)"
08 Kasabian - "L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)"
09 The Frames - "Revelate"
10 Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict a Riot"
11 Tortoise - "Salt the Skies"
12 The Decemberists - "July, July!'
13 The Black Keys - "Set You Free"
14 The Bravery - "Unconditional"

Disc two:

01 The Black Crowes - "Sting Me"
02 Blues Traveler - "Hook"
03 Widespread Panic - "Love Tractor"
04 The Allman Brothers Band - "One Way Out"
05 Gov't Mule - "Time to Confess"
06 Mike Doughty - "Madeline and Nine"
07 Rachael Yamagata - "Be Be Your Love"
08 Eisley - "Golly Sandra"
09 The New Amsterdams - "Hover Near Fame"
10 John Prine - "Lake Marie"
11 Asleep at the Wheel - "Miles and Miles of Texas"
12 Robert Earl Keen - "Feelin' Good Again"
13 Split Lip Rayfield - "Kiss of Death"
14 Steve Earle and the Dukes - "Warrior"
oliez
Vintage Newbie

it's out today. Buy it...or go to iTunes and just buy Golly Sandra
vrinny
Sea Post King

ooh, that sounds pretty good, but i'm so disappointed that rilo kiley wasn't included.
pzy
Wookie Luke

I just downloaded Golly Sandra from iTunes... it's awesome! They did a really great job mixing and mastering it. Sweet!

Here's a direct link for anyone with iTunes:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId =159184333&s=143441&i=159184578

I hope Eisley's got a big part on the DVD!

kitkat605
Golly, Poster

No Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand or Death Cab?
I guess that makes sense...

You sneeze, and 3 seconds later, about a hundred people offer you a tissue.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

That is a really clean recording, worth the purchase would you say?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

So... if you buy that cd... it also comes with a DVD? Or do you buy them separate?
Clark
Vintage Newbie

I was kind of bummed because they didn't do anything with two of the best performances of the festival: The Arcade Fire and Coldplay.

I this will definitely be good for Eisley, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I got the iTunes version last night...It is a good version/mix. I think its worth the 99 cents. But its just the song, no video.

About the DVD, I could be wrong, but its just this performance right? Nothing more, nothing less.

I've been actually searching all over for the DVD, has anyone found one yet? Best Buy received ONE in and it was gone by the time I was there at noon. I'm curious about the performances they have. Oh well.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I might get that DVD. I never get to see much Eisley action on the TV. Unless it costs a lot ... then I might wait.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mbrown603
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
I got the iTunes version last night...It is a good version/mix. I think its worth the 99 cents. But its just the song, no video.

About the DVD, I could be wrong, but its just this performance right? Nothing more, nothing less.

I've been actually searching all over for the DVD, has anyone found one yet? Best Buy received ONE in and it was gone by the time I was there at noon. I'm curious about the performances they have. Oh well.

I grabbed a copy of the new one & the 2004 ACL DVD at Best Buy today (until I saw it I didn't know there was a 2004 DVD). They had about 8 copies at the Frisco Best Buy. I'm watching it now, it's great. Last year was an amazing lineup.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

greatbeyond wrote:
Note from Boyd: The DVD is available on Eisley's itunes page... err, maybe it's not the dvd. If you go to http://www.aclfestival.com , you'll see the ad (mini cd) at the bottom. Click it. The real deal is a dvd/cd package.

Heh, Stacy and Sherri were in that preview for a split second. I'm going to buy the DVD. How much was it at Best Buy?

mbrown603
Sea Post King

treetops12 wrote:
greatbeyond wrote:

Heh, Stacy and Sherri were in that preview for a split second. I'm going to buy the DVD. How much was it at Best Buy?

$17.99
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

mbrown603 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
greatbeyond wrote:

$17.99

That's a pretty good deal I guess. I don't know... I don't usually buy dvd's unless they're $9.99, but I'll have to make an exception for this one.

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
mbrown603 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
greatbeyond wrote:

$17.99

That's a pretty good deal I guess. I don't know... I don't usually buy dvd's unless they're $9.99, but I'll have to make an exception for this one.

i can live whitout it.
it's one video.
with one band i like on the whole list.
not enough for me to spend my cash.