Laughing City
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

**Inserted the pictures finally... they came out really dark so I had to adjust the levels in Photoshop. Some ended up a little grainy. Sorry.

So I took my hot friend Erin to the show with me. She had partied with me the night before, so she slept during the ride. Just as I was entering Dallas, it began to pour down rain, making it impossible to see anything. The rain stopped a little later and I called Chad to meet up somewhere. Chad, Jamie, Jamies brother, Boyd, Kham, and some other people were at Starbucks, so I begged this valet guy to let me park in his lot for a little while. He let me (cause Erin is so hot.).
Inside Starbucks, I think Erin was in nerd-shock. She kinda sat there- scared and confused. Then Chad suggested Taco Cabana, so I loaded 6 people in my 5 seat Pontiac Vibe (we threw little Kham in the trunk), and headed down the street. I had some empty cheese enchiladas, and Erin had something gross looking and disappeared into the bathroom for like 15 minutes. Kham got a beer and showed the cashier his ID and the cashier didn't believe it was him... it was hilarious!
We loaded back up and headed for the venue (I scored an awesome parking space!). Chad and Kham helped me parallel park, and this girl backed into a car at the gas station in front of us (Later, we saw her at the Eisley show).
At the venue, I showed the guy my ID to avoid getting the "X", he was like "Whoa! Happy Birthday!" He said some other things about having a good time and drinking and such, I don't remember. Some girls kept staring at Erin and I, so we went inside quick.
We found a really good spot to stand about halfway back. Thats when we found Peyton. This couple in front of us kept making Erin dry-heave. The guy rubbed the girls back throughout the entire show.

Luvbeat came out first. They were AMAZING. They played their Super-Mario Nintendo song, the crowd went INSANE. During their last song, Christie, Chauntelle, Stacy, and Sherri came out and performed with them!

Brighten came on, they played a few really good songs. During one of the songs, the entire crew came out in headbands and diapers.

Simon Dawes was also nice, Erin loved them. She thought the singer was super-hot. During their last song, Eisley pied them in the face.

Then came Eisley. The most memorable parts of their performance was I Wasn't Prepared. Brightens guitarist came out and took Chauntelles guitar and went crazy. It was amazing. Someone videotaped it, and everyone should beg Boyd to post it. I swear its amazing.

Everyone was right about the live recordings of the new songs not doing them justice. Hearing them live was awesome. I Could Be There For You was a million times better than the .mp3 I have of it.
Eisley finished up and left the stage, and I began screaming my lungs off to make sure they came back. And of course they did, and Stacy played Just Like We Do better than ever before. Everyone came out for Trolleywood, and the crew threw yellow balloons or balls or something to the crowd. They disappeared within 15 seconds after everyone grabbed them and kept them.
After the show, us stalkers snuck around back and said hello to everyone.
They all looked so tired and ready to go home.
Here are some more pics:

After the concert, Chad flagged down a taxi to take us to Taco Cabana again. We got in and drove half a block when Chad realized we were going the wrong way, so the driver turned around and drove us back to the venue and charged Chad $11.00!! So then we killed him and threw him in a dumpster somewhere. Then we got in my car and drove around. We ended up at a place called Billards bar where Chad ran in and grabbed us some water. We were sitting all innocently on the patio when Mr. IworkHere came up and made Peyton get on the other side of the railing cause hes under 21. He wouldnt even let Peyton drink his water. So we went to Taco Cabana and I had some stale chips and Erin had another gross looking burrito thing. Erin and I entertained Chad and Peyton with our "Hastings Customers From Hell" stories. Good times.
Afterwards, we went back to my car and drove over to Peytons car. We threw Chad out and headed home. Peyton was driving behind me and this jeep was driving in front of me. The car in front of the Jeep was making a left turn and was waiting for an opening to go, and the Jeep decided that instead of stopping, he would jerk into the right lane and slam into the little navy colored car in that lane. That car pulled over, but the Jeep kept going. I saw a cop up ahead, close to where the Jeep had turned into, so I stuck my head out the window and was like "Hey! That Jeep just side-swiped a car back there and didn't stop!" And she said, "A'ight, I'll get 'em." and drove over to him. Hopefully he got in a lot of trouble.
After that, we drove home without any problems or anything. We made it home around 3:30am and fell asleep.

The End.

Last edited by jamiga on Tue May 23, 2006 3:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

wow...sounded like lots of fun. your friend Erin sounds funny. hehe Laughing glad you had a great time. Mr. Green
mykatjim
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:
I'll insert pictures in a few days. Hopefully. I'm in the middle of moving...

So I took my hot friend Erin to the show with me. She had partied with me the night before, so she slept during the ride. Just as I was entering Dallas, it began to pour down rain, making it impossible to see anything. The rain stopped a little later and I called Chad to meet up somewhere. Chad, Jamie, Jamies brother, Boyd, Kham, and some other people were at Starbucks, so I begged this valet guy to let me park in his lot for a little while. He let me (cause Erin is so hot.).
Inside Starbucks, I think Erin was in nerd-shock. She kinda sat there- scared and confused. Then Chad suggested Taco Cabana, so I loaded 6 people in my 5 seat Pontiac Vibe (we threw little Kham in the trunk), and headed down the street. I had some empty cheese enchiladas, and Erin had something gross looking and disappeared into the bathroom for like 15 minutes. Kham got a beer and showed the cashier his ID and the cashier didn't believe it was him... it was hilarious!
We loaded back up and headed for the venue (I scored an awesome parking space!). Chad and Kham helped me parallel park, and this girl backed into a car at the gas station in front of us (Later, we saw her at the Eisley show).
At the venue, I showed the guy my ID to avoid getting the "X", he was like "Whoa! Happy Birthday!" He said some other things about having a good time and drinking and such, I don't remember. Some girls kept staring at Erin and I, so we went inside quick.
We found a really good spot to stand about halfway back. Thats when we found Peyton. This couple in front of us kept making Erin dry-heave. The guy rubbed the girls back throughout the entire show.

Luvbeat came out first. They were AMAZING. They played there Super-Mario Nintendo song, the crowd went INSANE. During their last song, Christie, Chauntelle, Stacy, and Sherri came out and performed with them!
Brighten came on, they played a few really good songs. During one of the songs, the entire crew came out in headbands and diapers. Then during their last song, the Dupree girls came out and threw pies at the band. I got some good pictures of it!!

Simon Dawes was also nice, Erin loved them. She thought the singer was super-hot.

Oops. To be continued.

hmm. i wonder if i was standing next to you? there was a couple (tall guy and a short girl) in front of me the and the guy was rubbing her back and arms the entire time.

if they weren't the same couple, there must be something in the air at the granada then.

i had on a red shirt.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
John10402
Sea Post King

I was curious if anyone remembered the setlist. I tried to snag one after the show was over, but all of them were already given out before i could get to the front...
Tyler Durden
Golly, Poster

John10402 wrote:
I was curious if anyone remembered the setlist. I tried to snag one after the show was over, but all of them were already given out before i could get to the front...

It started with Mr. Pine and ended with Trolleywood. I'm sure someone can fill in the rest. Wink

jamiga wrote:
Then Chad suggested Taco Cabana, so I loaded 6 people in my 5 seat Pontiac Vibe (we threw little Kham in the trunk), and headed down the street.

I'm taller than you! Laughing

myspace
last.fm
Joined: 30 Nov 2003 | Posts: 570 | Location: Somewhere between Hurst, Plano, and Richardson, TX
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

i was only mentioned once!
naw, i'm just kidding.

but it was Simon Dawes that got the pies in the face, not Brighten. though Weston and Garron did play a prank on Alex Draper from Brighten when they duct taped his mic to be 5 feet taller than him, which made him have to stand on a box when he had to sing during their entire set.
i have pictures of it but their blurtastic.

and you left out the aftershow. that was the best part! with the overpriced taxi and the discrimination against me drinking water on the sidewalk next to the patio of that bar.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

I think that was the best performance of Just Like We Do that i've ever seen. oh and i forgot how much i liked Head Against the Sky and Plenty of Paper those are such great songs. The Granada is such a nice venue i'm really glad they played there.

it was a lot of fun hanging out before,during and after the set with the other boardies. Tyler durden can now certifiably fit in 2 different trunks :) oh and i learned that jamiga is a biter and her friend erin is a crier haha. oh yeah and from jamiga's and erin's stories Hastings must attract the strangest customers in all of texas.

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

There. I finished it up. I had to stop earlier cause Nick needed help packing and loading up the entire house. (Except for the computer, of course!! I'm sitting on the floor in the middle of an emtpy room. I'm supposed to be writing essays for History class. Shhh...
boundforglory
Sea Post King

Very Happy
Last edited by boundforglory on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

*Updated original post with pictures and such.
Bluesteel7512
Sea Post King

I really want to see the guitarist from Brighten in IWP. Please tell me that someone has posted this somewhere! Rolling Eyes
Joined: 12 Oct 2005 | Posts: 113 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i think that's my brother's spiky hair in that last shot! and my arm with camera in hand! Smile
you must've been right behind me.
that show was soooo goood. Very Happy
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

those are awesome pictures Love
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Thank you. I have more... of Chad.... I should post them.....
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Do you see Weston in the diaper?? That was great.