Laughing City
dD_Daz
Sea Post King

Probably going to be a WALL OF TEXT so you might just want to read the SUMMARY... maybe.

So finally got to see Eisley yesterday! I managed to get to the second row as I queued up early (though I was mega annoyed at how many people saw others they knew queuing and basically pushed in front of me). Anyway HG came on and played then left early as apparently they got coins thrown at them Confused . So naturally at this point I'm wondering if anything is going to happen to Eisley.

Anyway we wait a little while then they start setting up Eisley's stuff. Firstly it's a load of stage guys, then I see Weston carry on some stuff and I'm just like Shocked . It's so weird seeing them, I mean you get so used to seeing picture it's like you don't ever think about them moving... (OK that's probably just me Rolling Eyes ). Anyway Chauntelle comes on to tune her guitar and stuff and I'm still standing there shouting "Eisley" and so forth. Then I see Boyd come on to set up some equipment and he ends up being right in front of me with his head turned so his ear is in a direct line to my mouth... so naturally I shouted his name at the top of my voice, and he turned and looked at me as I put my hand in the air and cheered. He kind of waved and smiled which was cool.

Before I knew it they were all on stage and they started playing. The set list was as follows:

(Yes I managed to get hold of one...just, and I don't suppose any of you know whose handwriting the 'Many Funerals' is? I'm guessing Boyd's seeing as he put the set lists on stage...?)

The crowd really got into HATS, well those who were around me did anyway. During a break between songs, I shouted to Stacy who was positioned directly in front of me, and she looked at me and smiled, which was awesome. I hope the reactions to the band here made up for the previous incident on Sunday.

So yeah all in all, I think Eisley were really well received, considering the type of music TBS fans listen to, and the HG quitting stage event... I'm so glad I managed to pick up the set list, as it's very cool to take something back with me. Many Funerals, Taking Control and Invasion all sounded awesome.

After the show I was hoping to meet Eisley but instead I caught Fred Mascherino from TBS (see crappy camera phone pic):

So all in all an awesome night. Come back to UK soon Eisley! Very Happy

SUMMARY: Eisley were awesome, quite well received especially as HG quit stage for stuff being thrown at them Confused . I spoke to Boyd/got his attention while setting up. Stacy smiled at me after shouting her name and constant singing along, and I managed to get the set list, thankfully. Yeah they were awesome.

Apologies for blabbering on and any randomness that is in this post Rolling Eyes Oh and in Boyd's journal entry, the pictures with the crowd in, I'm near the front with my hands constantly up in the air! Very Happy
Joined: 17 May 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

good stuff, thanks.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

ah man! when you said Rock City, i was assuming the one here in Chattanooga. darn Sad
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

To answer your question about the handwriting, it is Boyd's. Smile
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Wed May 24, 2006 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

hi kim Smile just thought i'd say hi

dD_Daz
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:

Cool stuff! Thanks for confirming that Very Happy
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Boyd has neat handwriting
Deviluck
Golly, Poster

yes that is strangely neat for a man!
DA Gallery
Myspace
If Eisley are ever in the UK, wanting some photos done =) do ask!
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

dD_Daz wrote:
It's so weird seeing them, I mean you get so used to seeing picture it's like you don't ever think about them moving... (OK that's probably just me Rolling Eyes ).

No, I was the same way! That was the coolest thing about seeing them--I'd seen so many videos/pictures that I sort of thought of them as fictional characters instead of actual people. (Which sounds kind of mean; not my intent.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dD_Daz
Sea Post King

sleepydusk wrote:
dD_Daz wrote:
It's so weird seeing them, I mean you get so used to seeing picture it's like you don't ever think about them moving... (OK that's probably just me Rolling Eyes ).

No, I was the same way! That was the coolest thing about seeing them--I'd seen so many videos/pictures that I sort of thought of them as fictional characters instead of actual people. (Which sounds kind of mean; not my intent.)

Yeah lol. That's what I mean, it's like they came out and after being stunned for a short while I kinda just thought... you know they are 'real' and 'normal'... just insanely talented that's all! Wink
Kaity
Sea Post King

So they opened with many funerals instead of mr pine?
Glad I got to hear Mr Pine as I was going through a phase of always sticking that song on!
However I was tempted to shout many funerals to them nearer the end of the set.. decided against it incase they didnt hear and I just looked stupid haha