Laughing City
live4love4jesus
Sea Post King

Me and my friend are planning on going to an Eisley concert (sometime) For any of you crazies who have met the band....HOW DID YOU DO IT??? It would be awesome to say hey and take a picture or two! I'd appreciate some tips!!!
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Hang out at Starbucks before a show.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
thewizards
Sea Post King

Oh man! I'd love to hear encounter stories!

I saw them in Southampton scoffing food in Subway. I wanted to say hi but I was overcome with shyness, and so just stared intently at Sherri instead. She stared back. At least I think she did.

Anywho, I saw them walking into the venue but yet again was overcome with shyness and just watched them walk in.

I met up with a couple of TBS fans at the gig (I did actually know them! Strangely we didn't know the other would be there!) and they'd been there since midday! For a gig starting at 7!

The result was they saw Adam, and got a picture with Fred (from TBS) and watched Eisley walk past a few times.

I guess the best thing is to wait at the bands entrance hours and hours before the gig starts and grab whoever walks past!

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK
live4love4jesus
Sea Post King

Any chance of meeting them after the show??
bright young thing
Sea Post King

That is actually a bright idea....Encounter Stories, personally, I would like to read them...
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Well I waited outside the backstage area for ages (like the whole break between Eisley coming off stage and TBS going onstage. Because they had to come out eventually.

that's the other option; being there from 12 midday. Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Usually some of them come out after shows/after they play.
I've seen them twice and the first time Weston and Jon (when he was still in the band, of course) came out. The next time, Chauntelle came out... and I walked in the venue and noticed Garron... so I got to meet him. I met Sherri before the show because where I was standing was where the dressing room was. So... yeah. But I got to meet Stacy too because Weston asked her to come out and sign something for me. [[Aww.. how nice.]]
Just say... hi. [and start a conversation.] Have fun.

(ps. This is my 500th post!! Hooray for Golly, Poster!)

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

You're going to get so many encounter stories that you're going to be bored of it soon. Laughing

It should just take a little persistence and a little courtesy, and hopefully a lot of people will continue to get a chance to at least say hi to them.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

just keep an eye out before the show and the merch booth is always a good place to hang around too. don't be afraid to introduce yourself, they're all very nice about talking to fans. if you're shy then find Chauntelle she is so sweet and easy to talk to, Boyd and Kim as well.
bright young thing
Sea Post King

Happy 500th Post, golly_sandra....
Deviluck
Golly, Poster

I meet and talk with bands all the time, but i missed the chance to meet eisley :S
DA Gallery
Myspace
If Eisley are ever in the UK, wanting some photos done =) do ask!
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Yeah if there's a Starbucks nearby, they'll most definitely be there before or after the show. If you live in the U.S., look for their black GMC van and stand in front of it! If they are opening for someone... they'll come out in the crowd usually to watch the headlining band. And if they ARE the headlining band, they'll usually stand in the crowd and watch the openers. At least that's what they've done when I saw them. If you talk to Boyd, he usually gets them to come out and meet you or gets pictures for you... because he's awesome Very Happy
Clark
Vintage Newbie

They usually say something like "We're gonna be at the back/merch booth afterwards hanging out if anyone wants to say hi".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

i went to the Lawrence, KS show, and after the show was done, i saw them standing outside in the back, so i just walked up to them.

i REALLY wanted my shirt signed, and i got a free Vinyl copy of Room Noises from Sherri, that was for letting her use my wrist band.

and the recognized me from the show, cause i was the tallest person there, in the front-ish part of the venue, moreso in the middle.

and cause they noticed i was singing every song, and Sherri pointed it out during the show, it was cool though, they're so humble, and VERY nice...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
i went to the Lawrence, KS show, and after the show was done, i saw them standing outside in the back, so i just walked up to them.

i REALLY wanted my shirt signed, and i got a free Vinyl copy of Room Noises from Sherri, that was for letting her use my wrist band.

and the recognized me from the show, cause i was the tallest person there, in the front-ish part of the venue, moreso in the middle.

and cause they noticed i was singing every song, and Sherri pointed it out during the show, it was cool though, they're so humble, and VERY nice...

that was funny.
"did someone just throw something at me?"
or something like that.

goto page
 | next >>