Laughing City
forestdweller
Sea Post King

has anybody ever heard or own a demo of marvelous things?
i know there are obviously live versions (including acoustic) out there, but i was thinking more of a rough studio take??

also i was listening to the marvelous things EP, and it sounded slightly different to my room noises version, very very subtly. im guessing it was just the variation of the mp3 quality that i was listening to online, or was the track remixed for the LP?
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I'm pretty sure the track was remixed for the LP cause it sounds different to me too.
norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the track was remixed for the LP cause it sounds different to me too.

it was re-recorded.
forestdweller
Sea Post King

cool.
thankyou. Smile
i definately must buy marvelous things EP now then.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

it was re-recorded.

Actually, I am pretty sure only the vocals were rerecorded, and they kept the Aaron Sprinkle version, musicially. I think I remember reading that.

There are demos, i'm sure, of the song, but nothing that people can (legally) have. Your best bet is anything on OGG or posted in Boyds journal (live).
norad
Vintage Newbie

loveisachemical wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

it was re-recorded.

Actually, I am pretty sure only the vocals were rerecorded, and they kept the Aaron Sprinkle version, musicially. I think I remember reading that.

There are demos, i'm sure, of the song, but nothing that people can (legally) have. Your best bet is anything on OGG or posted in Boyds journal (live).

i'll repeat myself...i meant the vocals were re-recorded.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

loveisachemical wrote:

What about the pre production video 11? They're recording it then with the producer. When stacy slaps sherri and... "Play it right. Play it right now. Action. Action. Action. Hope you don't mind a jelly throat". A classic.

I really don't know. I'm now wondering if they used the old one or did something with what they recorded during the other room noises songs. So they did use the old music?
dannychair
Golly, Poster

loveisachemical wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

it was re-recorded.

Wow, really? I could've swore some of the instrumentals were different. Not big differences, just things like the Rhodes sounds louder with more reverb in the EP version. But I suppose it sounds that way because it was remixed, then.

Andrew
Lost at Forum

Stacys vox were re-recorded. They are stronger on the LP version. It was remixed too. But thats it same tracks different vox.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

There are several other versions.

But correct: the vocals were recut at RoseWood.
The original Aaron Sprinkle tracks were remixed by Jerry Finn.
Aaron has the Rhodes up, a phaserish sound swizshing thru some of it... guitars a little different... overall, I like both. I love Aaron the best, so I pick his version.

The ahh aahh aha ahaa part is me. They just tacked me...raised it a few octives and sped it up. You think Stacy can hit those notes? HA!!

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:

Aaron has the Rhodes up, a phaserish sound swizshing thru some of it... guitars a little different... overall, I like both. I love Aaron the best, so I pick his version.

The ahh aahh aha ahaa part is me. They just tacked me...raised it a few octives and sped it up. You think Stacy can hit those notes? HA!!
I was suspicious when "Stacys" wig slipped off on the final noise tour during that song. I knew something was fishy!
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

forestdweller wrote:

also i was listening to the marvelous things EP, and it sounded slightly different to my room noises version, very very subtly. im guessing it was just the variation of the mp3 quality that i was listening to online, or was the track remixed for the LP?

so i'm not the only one who thought it sounded different Exclamation

norad
Vintage Newbie

lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

so i'm not the only one who thought it sounded different Exclamation

it's an obvious difference.
silverfrost
Sea Post King

Yeah, I thought it was pretty apparent o.O
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:

Boyd stop lying, we all know how opposed you are to studio "enhancement"
those ahs were all man baby!

goto page
 | next >>