Laughing City
xidentical_handsx
Sea Post King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oZ8biBOOQ&search=I%20Wasn%27t%20Prepa red

OKAY SO. I am used to the I Wasn't Prepared vid that Eisley put up on their videos section at their official website...

Since when did this video come out? And it seems like it was in a movie... does anyone know what if it was? Does anyone have any info about this "other" I Wasn't Prepared vid?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I forget exactly when that one came out ... probably eight or nine months ago. It was directed by a friend of theirs, and only really released on MySpace for a short while. There was a misunderstanding over the cut that was released, and things didn't exactly work out as planned, so it just kind of got pulled after that. The vid that's on the site is a Boyd-produced thing he made for a label showcase a while back.

The video is very sci-fi, and the band liked the idea going in because they're big sci-fi fans. I do hope they try the theme again in the future. Maybe for an Invasion video? (PLEASE!) Wink

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Connie
Golly, Poster

Hey.. that's the video I uploaded. Wink Very Happy
Vintage Newbie

I wish I could see the version they intended to release.
Melissasingstheblues
Sea Post King

is this based on a scene from a book or something? Cuz I seriously don't get what' s going on... and I can't really hear what they're saying.

but i like it either way. Sherri's eyes are like whoa.

norad
Vintage Newbie

i really dislike this video.
if it was just performance i think it would be amazing...
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i plainly don't get it. Question
oliez
Vintage Newbie

It would have been a good story to go along with the song but it seems they, the director, not Eisley, made the song go along with the story...to me a music video is about the music...maybe I'm off.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I think the video would have worked much better if it was just subtitled like Telescope Eyes was. The dialogue completely ruined the theme and mood of the song. It was very awkward transitioning between the different parts. But, the set and band looked gorgeous.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
I think the video would have worked much better if it was just subtitled like Telescope Eyes was. The dialogue completely ruined the theme and mood of the song. It was very awkward transitioning between the different parts. But, the set and band looked gorgeous.

yah, those strange parts where the woman and guy started talking through me off big time....I liked what they did with Telescope Eyes though.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:

The video is very sci-fi, and the band liked the idea going in because they're big sci-fi fans. I do hope they try the theme again in the future. Maybe for an Invasion video? (PLEASE!) Wink

Yes, the sci-fi theme and especially the makeup/style of the band was very different/interesting. While an obvious connection, I can see that sci-fi/futuristic theme working for Invasion too.

Plus you know what, they don't need additional actors. The Telescope Eyes "Whoa!" and "My Guitar!" were very authentic in comparison. As was the unattendent bday party of Marvelous Things. Simple yet authentic. I'm not being sarcastic either, they could probably pull off an out-there themed video without it being corny.
Jaredpared
Sea Post King

I think i liked it a fair bit... yeah i'm a fan

The band looks so amazing...

Weston looks about seven foot tall at the start though...

it's special i think... just not in the regular music video way...
i understand why it was only a limited release...
Catch...Jared
Joined: 14 Mar 2006 | Posts: 26 | Location: Geelong, Australia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thewizards
Sea Post King

I think that the video is ok... different is good.
For some reason, when they're performing in the Telescope Eyes AND this video... and it's the fake performing... they just look bored and depressed (to me!).
I think that maybe they should do a video that really interests them, and the Memories video sounds like it could.

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK
bright young thing
Sea Post King

Personally, I thought the video was interesting, it made me wonder as well as create possible meanings/descriptions of what was going on...
I like that, leave it to the imagination notion, they did it in Telescope Eyes; although, that one was a little more perceptible...
Overall, it's just a video....
The End.

walkers
Sea Post King

It is one of those videos where a little THC would help, but we all know better than to do that. I understand from some buddies I had in college that Pink Floyd's The Wall made perfect sense when THC was added to the mix. The last time I spoke to those two, one was in jail and the other was working at a pizza place.