40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Saucerful of Secrets
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I purchased two books today, but I can't decide what to read first! Help me out!

Jaco:

Jaco is a fitting tribute to Jaco Pastorius, the troubled genius who revolutionized electric bass playing and bridged the gaps between jazz, R&B, rock, and funk. From his early days in R&B club bands through his international stardom with fusion group Weather Report and on to his solo career and tragic death at age 35, this book portrays the life and music of Jaco Pastorius. This special anniversary edition features new interviews with Jaco’s childhood friends, prominent bass players of Jaco’s era and afterward, and girlfriend Teresa Nagell, who was with Jaco in the last few years of his life. In addition, several incidents from the first edition have been further researched and expanded to full chapters.

A Saucerful Of Secrets:

Saucerful of Secrets is the first in-depth biography of this very private group. At the heart of the saga is Syd Barrett, the group's brilliant founder, whose public decline into shattered incoherence--attributable in part to his marathon use of LSD--is one of the tragedies of rock history. The making of Dark Side of the Moon and Floyd's other great albums is recounted in detail, as are the mounting of "The Wall" and the creation of the flying pigs, crashing planes, "Mr. Screen" and the other elements of their spectacular stage shows. The book also explores the many battles between bass player/song writer Roger Waters and the rest of the group, leading up to Water's acrimonious departure for a solo career in 1984 and his unsuccessful attempt to disolve the group he had left behind.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

Pink Floyd.
Because everyone loves hearing about acid trips.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Ja-CO!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

Jaco. Because of the amazing face he's making on the cover.