Laughing City

Do you *seriously* plan to contribute to this?
Yes!
64%
 64%  [ 31 ]
No, thanks.
35%
 35%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 48

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I'll have to work on finishing all my loose ends and half finished ideas..

Along the same vein, I think a Laughing City cover album (of Eisley) would be cool. Where 12 different boardies (or groups of boardies) each cover a different song from Room Noises.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
I'll have to work on finishing all my loose ends and half finished ideas..

Along the same vein, I think a Laughing City cover album (of Eisley) would be cool. Where 12 different boardies (or groups of boardies) each cover a different song from Room Noises.

Or... why don't we have one boardie record one part of a song (ie guitars) then send it to someone else to add something on (ie vocals) then have them send it to someone else, etc. etc. until the song is complete? I mean, it'll probably take a while and I'm not sure how well that would work, but then more people can get involved. (Oh, I'm talking about Eisley covers)

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I will totally submit a song for Paul's idea, and the cover CD notion is awesome too.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

You're talking about a Laughing City sampler kinda? Or are you talking about people writing songs for this? I think the sampler is a good idea. Just making sure everyone is on the same page.

A covers CD could be cool. But I think we should have both ideas. Or all three ... ha.

P.S. I think the compilation idea is the best, if you ask me ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm talking about the sampler, yeah. Nothing that we have to write stuff specifically for, but if someone wants to I don't see why that shouldn't be an option. As long as it can be done in a timely fashion. The song I want to contribute is already written, but not yet recorded; my friend wants to produce it for me and I know I'll have it done before I move, around the middle of next month. So I guess we need to decide on a timeframe, eh?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Saellys wrote:
I'm talking about the sampler, yeah. Nothing that we have to write stuff specifically for, but if someone wants to I don't see why that shouldn't be an option. As long as it can be done in a timely fashion. The song I want to contribute is already written, but not yet recorded; my friend wants to produce it for me and I know I'll have it done before I move, around the middle of next month. So I guess we need to decide on a timeframe, eh?

Cool, yes. Maybe Sept. 30? Is that reasonable? Maybe aim for a mid-Sept. or October release? Or maybe that's too long. Hm.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Cool, yes. Maybe Sept. 30? Is that reasonable? Maybe aim for a mid-Sept. or October release? Or maybe that's too long. Hm.

That sounds about right... A Sept. 15th deadline with an end-of-September release, perhaps? Don't want to pressure these flaky musicians too much. Wink

I can help with duplication and distribution if that will be our relative timeline. Burning copies of CDs is one of the things I do best. Mailing them in a timely fashion, not so much, but I can work on that.

Smokemonster
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

If it was a sampler I'd be willing to submit some of my work. I think it'd be spiffy.
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
norad
Vintage Newbie

let's get cara's blackened crown cover on it!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I guess the next things we need for the sampler are two lists: the people who want to contribute, and the people who want to receive one... right?

Smokemonster
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I guess the next things we need for the sampler are two lists: the people who want to contribute, and the people who want to receive one... right?

and sneaking in 10 copies to your local best buy to put on the shelf.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Saellys wrote:

Sounds good. I think we should work on the contribution list first. We might have to solicit from some bands/people that don't always get to contribute, but are actually active members. You think?

In review:

• An initial Sept. 15-30 due date. We can decide on that one fairly easily.

• A list of those who want to contribute

• A list of those who want it.

About the last item ... should we just electronically distribute this? Or should some volunteer (myself?) design a neat little sleeve for it and then team up with the production squad to get it out?

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
About the last item ... should we just electronically distribute this? Or should some volunteer (myself?) design a neat little sleeve for it and then team up with the production squad to get it out?

I'll gladly host the MP3s on OGG. I also really like the idea of physical distribution. Doing it both ways would be awesome, if we've got the time. Smile

Smokemonster
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

The picture of "young Boyd" should be the centrepiece of the cover

patrock wrote:
let's get cara's blackened crown cover on it!

!!!! Embarassed Laughing
 |  |