Laughing City

Do you *seriously* plan to contribute to this?
Yes!
64%
 64%  [ 31 ]
No, thanks.
35%
 35%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 48

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
patrock wrote:
doesn't someone named "chad" happen o have a web server?
or, even someone named "hannah"?

Setting up FTP accounts for everyone who wants to contribute to upload there stuff would be a heck of an ordeal.

But once the CD is compiled, I will gladly host the whole thing on OGG for download. Smile

I sent you a song via EZArchive. I think I like them.

national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

It would be nice if there was a small web page that had small bios, links, or pictures of all the bands. Plus the boardies in the band could write a small blurb on how they got into Eisley or their favorites songs or something. I could put that together if you'd like.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

national phenomenon wrote:
It would be nice if there was a small web page that had small bios, links, or pictures of all the bands. Plus the boardies in the band could write a small blurb on how they got into Eisley or their favorites songs or something. I could put that together if you'd like.

Very cool idea. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Very cool idea. Smile

*seconds that*
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
thewizards
Sea Post King

MoreOfTheSame wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Very cool idea. Smile

*seconds that*

Thirds that!

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

thewizards wrote:
MoreOfTheSame wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Very cool idea. Smile

*seconds that*

Thirds that!

I'm all over it. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

So do we like the title "Laughing City Limits"? Any other suggestions? Also, I think we should discuss cover art. We can have a sort of art contest, too.

Anyone have art they'd like to submit? We can look at just web-sized pictures to judge. And chances are, more than one piece would go into the packaging.

placidian
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
So do we like the title "Laughing City Limits"?

I love that title.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

placidian wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
So do we like the title "Laughing City Limits"?

I love that title.

I like it to.

My cable internet service is shot until Thursday, so to all who have sent me songs, I'm getting to them. Thanks! Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Woo! My title caught on!
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
So do we like the title "Laughing City Limits"? Any other suggestions? Also, I think we should discuss cover art. We can have a sort of art contest, too.

Anyone have art they'd like to submit? We can look at just web-sized pictures to judge. And chances are, more than one piece would go into the packaging.
I think it would be cool to have a cover art contest, or at least have some submissions. Seeing that there isn't a focus on any one band there's really no limit to what the artwork can be.
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

gregorydymitrowicz wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

I think it would be cool to have a cover art contest, or at least have some submissions. Seeing that there isn't a focus on any one band there's really no limit to what the artwork can be.

I agree. As I said earlier:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:
there could be an open to anyone cover design competition and then we vote on the one we like the most.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
gregorydymitrowicz wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

I agree. As I said earlier:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:
there could be an open to anyone cover design competition and then we vote on the one we like the most.

I think we should vote for a top 1-5 (depending on how many entries we get). Maybe in rank. Then we can go from there. Because we'll likely need more than one piece of art for this.

I say submission guidelines should be:

• Must be at least 200-300 dpi resolution (this is a vital quality issue), also, it needs to be a proper size (the size of a CD cover or larger).
• Please consider how this would fit on a CD cover. Would it be too small to see the proper detail? Would it be too odd of a shape?
• In the interest of keeping things small, we can judge by uplinked photos on this thread, or possibly on a new thread with a poll (this is the most likely).
• Any medium is welcome, most likely. But it most likely needs to be digitally reproduced if it is not created digitally (as in scanning a print photograph, or a painting, etc).
• The deadline will be the same as the music.

Any other suggestions or tweaks?

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

I say submission guidelines should be:

• Must be at least 200-300 dpi resolution (this is a vital quality issue), also, it needs to be a proper size (the size of a CD cover or larger).
• Please consider how this would fit on a CD cover. Would it be too small to see the proper detail? Would it be too odd of a shape?
• In the interest of keeping things small, we can judge by uplinked photos on this thread, or possibly on a new thread with a poll (this is the most likely).
• Any medium is welcome, most likely. But it most likely needs to be digitally reproduced if it is not created digitally (as in scanning a print photograph, or a painting, etc).
• The deadline will be the same as the music.

Any other suggestions or tweaks?

Other than to say "no posting in that thread, except to post submissions". It's annoying when you have to scroll through pages of written word to get to some art that you can vote on them. Like with the Laughing City tshirt. I wasted who-knows how much time scrolling through that thread to get to the actual submissions so that I could vote.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Not to sound stupid, but what exactly is "dpi" res? I'm guessing it's just the size that I refer to as plain old resolution(height and width of the pic)??

Oh and about the due date: "An initial Sept. 15-30 due date.."

I can surely have something by then. I plan to go and buy a scanner sometime next week. (I've been keeping my eye out for a cheap one Laughing )

I also agree with Ewan. Perhaps we can have a thread dedicated to the art submissions, then when the deadline is here someone can add a pole with all the submissions that have been posted. (If we still plan on voting)