Laughing City
kelly
Golly, Poster

I was inspired to make this topic because of the Introduce yourself thread....

Well I roamed through about 10 pages of topics looking for something along the lines of this topic and I didnt find anything....

How did you hear about Eisley?

Here is how I heard about Eisley:
I was rummaging through through the internet and I found Eisley... I checked them out ... being stereotypical i thought they were a girl band and i was just not ready for eisley to hit me yet....I didnt really listen to it with great detail so I was just kinda like whatever, just another band. I never thought they were horrible just I wasnt ready... Am I making sense? Around a month later, I would be reintroduced to eisley and my love would grow... thats my story.

iLivejournal

VirbAGE
sometimes i make things to look at
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 860 | Location: orlando, florida
Last edited by kelly on Sat May 15, 2004 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ali
since 1979

i can definitely understand not being ready for a band. sometimes i just want to listen to old, familiar music and nothing new. and sometimes i can't get enough new music (i'm going through that phase right now). maybe it's just that i go through a series of new-music binges, and i get overloaded and need a break.
ali
since 1979

more on the topic, i first heard of eisley when i read about them on the sxsw website. i almost got a wristband, but decided not to because it was so expensive. they sounded really interesting, but i forgot to check out their music until i saw them play an in-store at waterloo records. i was literally blown away. and by literally, i mean i think my eyes rolled back in my head, my head lolled backwards and i started drooling.

i hope i didn't make a scene Rolling Eyes

Firestarter17
Sea Post King

How did I hear about Eisley...hmmm good question. Well I had heard of them back in the days of MossEisley and then I just kind of lost track of them. But then I saw the gals in Seventeen over the summer and I was like "hey! That's MossEisley!!!" and I went to their show at Brewtones and was once again united with good music. The end. *takes a bow*

My brand spankin' new xanga! http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=matchbox17

~Madi
dmont01
Golly, Poster

i saw them open for coldplay in houston on january 28th, then again in dallas on jan. 31. been hooked since.
at the houston concert, i stood behind jonathan's brother and a father, i dunno, maybe boyd? wow, i might have been standing right next to boyd and not even known it.
PolyphonicDave
Sea Post King

ahh back in the days of MossEisely, i guess it was like 2 or 3 years ago first?, i was a Spin180 junkie. i heard the good ol Eisley kids a few times on there, and actually went to a local Festival that they played at, but missed their show... but i never really got into the band until back in the spring when i found out that i could pick up Laughing City at Borders, so i did and have been in love ever since.
BK
Laughing Citizen

From Eisley, they were up here at the college to record and play some music industry conference, and I met the band personally. My first thought, "wow those are some beautiful girls." Embarassed
Lost at Forum

I heard about them through The Elms.

**the turtle stamp of approval**

www.soulstrum.com
Carolyn
Sea Post King

i first saw them about three years ago at a christian festival in white oak with uncle andrew and some other bands.
interesting tidbit: luke (ilitherian) and i were at that show together, and its the first time either of us had heard of eisley (mosseisley at the time).

kris
Ubernerd Moderator

I first heard them (MossEisley) through a good friend of mine, Daniel Kraft, on October 5, 2001.

I heart the DuPrees (and Jon Wilson Very Happy)

Emotion Sickness
Sea Post King

mtv Confused
my sister was watching it before school while i was eating breakfast and, honestly, the two things i was thinking were 1. "hey, they sound like they could be pretty cool." and 2. "hey, they're cute too!"

i so want to be one of the cool people who knew about them when they first started out and were all superindependent and stuff
Joined: 30 Oct 2003 | Posts: 73 | Location: Bloomington, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
potato
Laughing Citizen

my sister had been talking about some band called Moss eisley for the past 2 years. and i was just like "whatever"
then i heard telescope eyes on the radio while i was at work one day this summer. and i was like "dude that's awesome" so i went and bought it... after i had looked through 5 music stores all over ft. worth.
i said all this a long time ago in the newbies post. but nobody cared.

ali
since 1979

i cared.
kelly
Golly, Poster

potato wrote:

i said all this a long time ago in the newbies post. but nobody cared.

maybe people will care now, because you only open this thread if youre interested in where people heard about eisley....

or to start some randomness.

iLivejournal

VirbAGE
sometimes i make things to look at
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 860 | Location: orlando, florida
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i heard them because they opened for uncle andrew for uncle andrews last show... it was love at first listen. i was skeptical at first but as soon as they played a song i was awestruck. so yes... hooray for eisley.