Laughing City
skuss_ozomrov
Sea Post King

Picked up a few mildly creepy, vaguely Eisley-related habits over the years? I know I have, and I get teased. Mom reminds me, Oprah says all obssessives---from meth addicts to anorexics---share one trait: little personal rituals.

From Boyd = When I'm in a 'Time to Get Busy' mood, like playing Tekken, giving myself a pedicure or reading the Trolleywood journal word for word, I always listen to some shoegazer. Ester Drang and Midlake's Milkmaid Grand Army are tops. There's just something so relaxing about falsetto crooning mixed with fairly-involved, low-intensity things to do...

From Sherri = strawberry mini-wheats, velcro canvas shoes, princess bride, joe sorren-esque artwork, old p.e. shirts, mew, how to disappear completely: the thrill and helplessness of no identity, macbeth hoodies, "that's such a myspace photo", arizona tea, spending hours on dictionary.com --- there's probably way more if i think harder. (Is there a stalker threshold?)

From Wes = There's a bunny head clipping taped onto my stereo speakers. So it shakes the way real rabbits shake their heads? As you do a weird stop-motion dance while lip-synching to "The Jungler"?

From Jon = Whenever a lose-weight infomercial comes on and starts with a really passionate testimonial on how fat a person used to be---with a heavy southern drawl, I'm strangely compelled to blurt out:

"Well, at least you're not. . . lactating."

Last edited by skuss_ozomrov on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

When performing a soundcheck in front of the audience (they shouldn't have to hear it), I go "check one two, check one two, checkk onnee twooo", Stacy-style, on one of Boyd's pre-production clips.

Ditto on the Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

hahaha dictionary.com is awesome

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thewizards
Sea Post King

golly andrew wrote:
When performing a soundcheck in front of the audience (they shouldn't have to hear it), I go "check one two, check one two, checkk onnee twooo", Stacy-style, on one of Boyd's pre-production clips.

OH MY GOSH! I do that too!!!!
Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm part of this church choir for something, and I did that and everyone thought I was really weird.

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK
Caley
Lost at Forum

Lantz wrote:
hahaha dictionary.com is awesome

Word.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I got my first box of strawberry mini wheats a couple days ago. The box is almost gone already! Laughing Good stuff, they might beat the yogurt blast cheerios.

Also, not so much on here, but in emails to friends, I'm starting to write more like a chain of thought rather than "prim and proper." Like on Tales from Trolleywood. It wasn't on purpose, but does make it almost like a "conversation" rather than a typical letter!

oh well, time for some cereal! Wink
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

golly andrew wrote:

"check ooonee twooo, yeah! yeah!" i love that. it's so cute.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bright young thing
Sea Post King

I tend to use "Eisley talk" to describe things/ talk to other people.
I say my lovely, darling, marvelous things, creeps, shall....
Example: "Today is such a dreary day, my dear"
People tend to give me questioning looks, but whatev.

Certain places remind me of Eisley songs; therefore, I must sing them.
My friend and I took a trail through some woods for an hour and
I couldn't stop singing "Trolleywood".
I went out on a ship and I couldn't get "Lost At Sea" of out my head.
I adore Eisley.

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i think i am a little wierded by this thread.
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

starbucksgod wrote:
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

bright young thing wrote:
I adore Eisley.

Me too. Whenever I'm near a forest, I sing "we'll light this darkened forest". There's certain lines that come out depending on my surroundings.
Hah, even when I was watching The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe... when they show the witch's ice palace... lines from Mr. Pine pop into my head. And when there's that person made of leaves that talks to Peter, I'm like, "It's the queen of leaves!" I enjoyed the movie a lot more, knowing Eisley was inspired by the book with some of their songs.

The only "ritual" I had was, every morning I'd wake up and listen to Mr. Pine first thing... thinking that somehow it would make my day better. That lasted about 2 months, then I stopped so that I wouldn't get sick of the song.

judd
Sea Post King

golly andrew wrote:

so do i!!! hahahah

check one two yeaahhh.

it never gets old.

myspace.com/juddortiz
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

McKenzies wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:

Personally, I am weirded.

Sea Post King

treetops12 wrote:
bright young thing wrote:
I adore Eisley.

Me too. Whenever I'm near a forest, I sing "we'll light this darkened forest". There's certain lines that come out depending on my surroundings.
Hah, even when I was watching The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe... when they show the witch's ice palace... lines from Mr. Pine pop into my head. And when there's that person made of leaves that talks to Peter, I'm like, "It's the queen of leaves!" I enjoyed the movie a lot more, knowing Eisley was inspired by the book with some of their songs.

The only "ritual" I had was, every morning I'd wake up and listen to Mr. Pine first thing... thinking that somehow it would make my day better. That lasted about 2 months, then I stopped so that I wouldn't get sick of the song.

Oh yeah, I remember that part in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe!

The "ritual" I had was, every day I would work, I would play Eisley on my way to work. To set me in a good mood, to deal with nasty customers and all.

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

nevernever wrote:
golly andrew wrote:

"check ooonee twooo, yeah! yeah!" i love that. it's so cute.

who has this clip? i wanna see it, too! Smile