Laughing City
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

We have partnered up with DADAmobile to bring in some more money for producing equipment and demos. DADAmobibe offers 10 free ringtones, and the proceeds that they get go partially to us and help us out! All you have to do is go here and follow the instructions, and you will be helping us out a lot. We're looking for at least 2,000 people to do this offer, so please please repost this bulletin for us and help out! Plus, you get 10 free ringtones! Get the 10 FREE ringtones here!

~Thanks, Weston
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

Ha I see it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pzy
Wookie Luke

Was it actually from the Eisley account or a clever imposter?
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

definitely eisley's official myspace, but i doubt this is a real post. Confused
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

pzykotic wrote:

it probably was from the actual eisley account, myspace is having a lot of problems with something that seems to be posting bulletins (full of advertising) for people without their knowledge. i'm not sure if it's a virus or something, it seems a bit like those email viruses that send out spam to everyone in your address book.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pzy
Wookie Luke

Well, that totally sucks. I just changed the password because of this, and I definitely see the outgoing bulletin on myspace. Blah.

The link goes to darkelites.org:

Admin Name:Matthew Joseph
Admin Organization:darkelites.org
Admin City:Farmington Hills
Admin State/Province:MI
Admin Postal Code:48331
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.2486610927
Admin Email:mathkid1234@hotmail.com

Anyone know him? Razz

Edit: Hooray, you can delete bulletins! It's been nuked, thanks for the heads up.

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

myspace just keeps getting lamer... Rolling Eyes
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

dial r for revenge wrote:
pzykotic wrote:

it probably was from the actual eisley account, myspace is having a lot of problems with something that seems to be posting bulletins (full of advertising) for people without their knowledge. i'm not sure if it's a virus or something, it seems a bit like those email viruses that send out spam to everyone in your address book.

it's basically an encryption which posts bulletins without your knowledge. changing your password usually fixes it, but one time i actually found a code in my "who i'd like to meet" section when i didn't have anything in it but text, so i deleted it and everything seemed to be fine from then on.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

This is a good read

http://www.dwire.org/2006/07/17/evil-webmasters-the-myspace-money-trai n/

here's an interesting couple of paragraphs

"To gain these multiple accounts these “evil” webmasters use a method known as phising. MySpace has many flaws, one which includes flash inclusion. So the MySpace webmasters will craft a special SWF that contains a simple line of code getURL. This command redirects a client’s browser to a given site. So now a webmaster can make there own PHP phising site that looks makes it look like the user got logged out and her or she needs to re-login. The transition is so unnoticeable that you can only spot it if you glance at the address bar.
The biggest problem with this now is that a kid hacking group has released a phising package that comes with everything needed to phish myspace accounts. This file is widely available which makes this case even more unfortunate. So now a 15 year old kid has a script to steal another popular MySpace member’s account. He or she then posts a bulletin containing this SWF which redirects a user to their website which looks identical to the MySpace error login screen. Once you type in your sensitive information your then redirected to the real MySpace before you even known what happened. A kid posts on a hacking forum that he quote received 4,000 accounts within 30 minutes of posting a bulletin"

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

well that sucks. Confused
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

i had the gospel of the spagetti in my profile once.. but I got rid of it. all my friends have it ... i guess they don't know.
oh but i didn't get that bulletin. but I haven't been on myspace very much lately because of work.

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

pazatronix! wrote:
~Thanks, Weston

They did their research. Scary.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

golly andrew wrote:
pazatronix! wrote:
~Thanks, Weston

They did their research. Scary.

Well granted their names are on their MySpace. And if you are goin to take the time to hack their myspace, they might know a bit about the group. Lame/scary that people actually do that crap that chad00 posted a link to.
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

chasd00 wrote:
This is a good read

http://www.dwire.org/2006/07/17/evil-webmasters-the-myspace-money-trai n/

here's an interesting couple of paragraphs

"To gain these multiple accounts these “evil” webmasters use a method known as phising. MySpace has many flaws, one which includes flash inclusion. So the MySpace webmasters will craft a special SWF that contains a simple line of code getURL. This command redirects a client’s browser to a given site. So now a webmaster can make there own PHP phising site that looks makes it look like the user got logged out and her or she needs to re-login. The transition is so unnoticeable that you can only spot it if you glance at the address bar.
The biggest problem with this now is that a kid hacking group has released a phising package that comes with everything needed to phish myspace accounts. This file is widely available which makes this case even more unfortunate. So now a 15 year old kid has a script to steal another popular MySpace member’s account. He or she then posts a bulletin containing this SWF which redirects a user to their website which looks identical to the MySpace error login screen. Once you type in your sensitive information your then redirected to the real MySpace before you even known what happened. A kid posts on a hacking forum that he quote received 4,000 accounts within 30 minutes of posting a bulletin"

and that's why you should always check the address bar before you log into anything.
like those fake paypal and ebay emails i keep getting with bogus links. they almost would have fooled me had it not been for the fact that i'm not signed up to either of those websites using my band email address...

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

it could always be weston messing around, you know.

i mean he does that sometimes...
starting fires and blaming them on the dog...
peeing out of the window..

etc..