Laughing City
Kit
Sea Post King

I only hope the pics I took don't suck. I thought if I got there at 7:30 that I'd be able to get a good place in the front - not a chance sonny. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a parking place this time around. And that merch room - whoa! I have been to The Engine Room a lot and that is the most packed it has been since I have been there. At least I got me a copy of Eisley's Marvelous Things. And it was produced by Aaron Sprinkle too! Cool! One of the guys behind the merch table, who tactfully urged each customer to leave a tip, affirmed to me that the Marvelous Things ep was good when I told him to fetch it for me. It seemed everyone else was buying "Brand New" stuff before Eisley's show. I think that changed after Eisley's performance. I didn't hear one boo or hiss coming from that audience. I wish I bought a shirt though. I didn't think to do that. Oh well, that's more for me to spend at Nada Surf and Death Cab for Cutie's show tomorrow night I guess. Smile
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Kit wrote:
I only hope the pics I took don't suck. I thought if I got there at 7:30 that I'd be able to get a good place in the front - not a chance sonny. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a parking place this time around.

Yeah, parking was rough. I didn't realize the Toyota Center was so close... and the Rockets were playing Orlando tonight. Go figure. But the show was so good that it was worth the trouble. I ended up parking on a dark, deserted street. But I'm still alive.

By the way, thanks Eisley for being such nice people. My apologies for not being more courteous, but it's difficult to do much more than shout a few words at a time with Hot Rod Circuit playing in the background. I had the misfortune of not getting Chauntelle to sign my poster, but I did meet her before I bought my poster, and she was super nice Smile

I love the new EP. Marvelous Things is an incredible song.

And once again, happy birthday, Chauntelle.

Good luck with the rest of the tour.

Rock on!

Last edited by rmlawrence on Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fredy
Sea Post King

The show was very cool. I loved it. It was cool how once I got in the Engine Room they were standing right there meeting people. The whole band was nice. After seeing them with coldplay at verizon theater I wanted to watch them again and I did. I bought marvelous things and love it. I also got an Eisley t-shirt. I would have bought more stuff but I ran out of money.
acoustic bandit
Sea Post King

this show was my introduction of sorts to eisley, and i have to say...wow. they totally and completely stole the show, even with the shortest set of the night. i only wish i could have heard of these guys sooner.
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

yes indeed, I hearted that show to the fullest. sheesh, I tell you, though... I've never been to a moshing show before. that was an experience, for sure. I wish I could've met all you peoples there, but hey, maybe next time, right?
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

Jenny, i can't see you moshing. ::laughs::
to what i did and said

piccysssssss
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Kit wrote:
I only hope the pics I took don't suck.

My pictures weren't very good. I had hoped to arrive pretty early to secure a good spot... but there were circumstances beyond my control (other than the parking) that prevented that from happening. This was probably the best of the bunch:

I had gotten some pretty good pictures the last time I saw the band though (at the Gypsy Tea Room), and I was lucky enough to get this one of them signed:

Thank you Sherri.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
acoustic bandit
Sea Post King

yeah the parking situation was terrible. there was rockets game at the toyota center that is about 100 feet from the engine room. we parked next to a squatter in a porta potty. good times.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

that framed one is going to worth something someday... like a million dollars, tomorrow.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

that is an amazing picture do you remember what she was singing at that moment?
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:

Hmmm... that's a great question. Now you're REALLY going to have me wondering.

I don't know. Had I thought the picture would come out so nice I would have written it down. But all I can tell you is exactly when it was taken. May 10, 2003 at 11:38 p.m.

Kit
Sea Post King

rmlawrence wrote:
Kit wrote:
I only hope the pics I took don't suck.

This one is pretty darned good. It's better than any of the ones I took. I got some good pics of Sherri since I was standing right in front of her. I wish I could a pic of the whole band like that.

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

rmlawrence wrote:
chasd00 wrote:

Hmmm... that's a great question. Now you're REALLY going to have me wondering.

I don't know. Had I thought the picture would come out so nice I would have written it down. But all I can tell you is exactly when it was taken. May 10, 2003 at 11:38 p.m.

if I were going to take a guess i'd say the "buttery clouds are dripping into my mouth..." part of Treetops. She did that same pose(sp?) at the NTNMF last October. ok now i'm freaking myself out so i'll stop.

taylor blair
Sea Post King

Quote:

Thank you Sherri.

that is freaking awesome. i'm a tad jealous. hang on to that, for sure. i was a little disappointed in the engine room as a venue, but the show definitely owned. i dunno if any of you people saw me, but i was standing over on sherri's side towards the front, wearing a brown long sleeve shirt and jeans Cool

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

i think i know where stacy got those shirts. i'm about to get some myself.