Laughing City
Never2FarNow
Sea Post King

...um...reminds me of the office... yeah the office, do you think Eisley likes the office...?

(note the blatant edit)
Last edited by Never2FarNow on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The Office? I missed that one ... Thankfully there are edit buttons for when we realize our sometimes unfortunate use of words.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

If something has been edited out by the writer, good for you for bringing it up. Seems like laughter making to me.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
Last edited by Luke's Mom on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:
If something has been edited out by the writer, why are you bringing it up? Seems like trouble making to me.

I wouldn't go that far. Garron probably did edit it out so it wouldn't get brought up, but the super-observant fans will always notice stuff like that. In the same way, Greenplastic.com saved a couple entries from Radiohead's blog earlier this year that got deleted soon after they were posted; Thom was writing about the fact that the band still has no record contract and apparently thought better of it. Just because someone noted it for posterity doesn't mean they were troublemaking.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Well, if someone said I didn't like the Office, I wouldn't want to speak to them any more.
Last edited by Luke's Mom on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I edit my posts all the time, after thinking about what I said if I have something to add, or if something doesn't sound quite right.
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

i try to say stuff on forums as i would in real life, because in real life you can't just go back and edit what you've previously said.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

To clarify, I edit my posts all the time from a few minutes to a few hours earlier. I don't go back and edit posts from weeks and months ago. But either way, it doesn't seem note worthy that Garron would have edit out a word and substituted another word, apparently in the interest of not offending anyone. Good for him to be considerate I say.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:
i try to say stuff on forums as i would in real life, because in real life you can't just go back and edit what you've previously said.

And now, you can never edit the above, Twisted Evil

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:
Well, if someone did that to me, I wouldn't want to write any more.

Judging by the lack of updates on Dead Air Space in the past couple of weeks, that's how Radiohead reacted too. Wink

Lantz wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by that... Since this is the Internet, where one can edit things after the fact, it seems like a good idea to take advantage of that now and then. If I post a blog entry with a typo in it, as I inevitably do, I go back and change it. Sometimes the only way to tell if something is not written the way you would do it "in real life" is after the fact.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

I think it is great that Gervais is posting. His perspective as a newcomer to the TV making process will be fun to share. Vernacular missteps occur, and if they are recognized and corrected they should just be forgiven and not highlighted as a new 'topic'.
I had quite a few problems in this area myself after watching marathon sessions of Deadwood.
Also: Gervais was projecting the conversation (using the F(ay) word) onto the paper thrower. And...that might be a word an ignorant paper thrower might be comfortable with. So, Gervais was imagining a monologue, developing a character. Perfectly appropriate.
Last edited by Luke's Mom on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:
I had quite a few problems in this area myself after watching marathon sessions of Deadwood.

Laughing You potty-mouth.

You're probably right in that this thread was pretty much unnecessary, but I don't think there's been any negative backlash against Garron's edit. Everyone seems pretty proud of him for being considerate.

Smokemonster
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

New thread idea: Are There Any Dummies Who Like Eisley? Wink
Garron wrote:
what i want to know is, was this a
random drive by bell peppering? did these dudes drive up and
say "hey, check out this dummy on the bike! lets nail him with these
bell peppers ive got sitting im my car."

In this context, there is nothing wrong with how "fag" was allegedly used. I can ttly imagine it.
*EDITTED FOR EMPHASIS
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Last edited by golly andrew on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Raises hand!!
(edited to remove stupid afterthought)
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:
Raises hand!!
(edited to remove stupid afterthought)

Laughing