Laughing City
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
What is this Real Eisley Forum?
Where's the thread about it? that may answer my questions.

The Rogue Eisley Forum
The Thread About It

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

and from Andrew's post about it, it sounds good. and not a bad thing.

of course it does, the whole thing was my idea

if you want my full on page long proposition you can PM me, i'll save the less interested the scrolling time
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

yuck.
Vintage Newbie

Terebinthia wrote:

And I don't see a problem with even having a forum on the side...it's the internet, you guys can do whatever you want to, but publicising it all over the place on this forum is very juvenile.

why exactly? How is it any different to you and jamie posting nonsense to each other that nobody else understands? Is it because you're not part of it this time? I really fail to see the big deal about us mentioning our forum on here...and we've only started really mentioning it a lot since the "what other forums do you post at" thread

Vintage Newbie

This whole thing is silly. This is basically what people want:

1.) The mods need to be less sensitive about conflict, and not lock threads and edit posts so quickly, giving the conflicts enough time to work themselves out and come to a healthy conclusion.

2.) People need to stop ganging up on each other. This goes for mods and REF members. Making leagues behind people's backs and then attacking them is pretty below us, isn't it?

Of course, I was protected by some at a time when I felt I was judged very harshly by some mods, but I tried never to let it get out of hand. I think the point of getting together needs to be to solve problems that we have with the forum, not sit and stew and then be go out and be malicious.

If both sides are willing to look at themselves and consider their own faults, I think we'll all be better for it.

But this post will be ignored. I have other things I need to do.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Terebinthia wrote:
Not everyone can access this forum, that's the secret part of it.

That doesn't make it secret. That makes it private.

As the person who hosts the REF, I'd like to put in my two cents. A lot of this will echo Andrew's sentiments; he's been pretty much dead-on as far as I'm concerned. Several of the current REF members approached me through Andrew and asked if I'd be willing to donate some web space and be the only admin (with the knowledge that I was not to edit any posts or delete/lock any threads). This was during the height of what I considered a bad period for the LC, with numerous threads being locked for, as far as I could tell, no particular reason.

New members are added by invitation, through a democratic process of selection. All new members must be activated by me before they can see forum topics. In point of fact I just deactivated several members who haven't posted since before August or never posted at all. We don't invite certain LC members because we think they're cooler than other LC members, or because we like them better; we invite new members because we think they will appreciate the atmosphere.

Obviously the vast majority of Laughing Citizens like the atmosphere here--family friendly and unquestioningly devoted to the band. That's not a bad thing, it's just not what we are, necessarily. You'll notice that most of the known REF members are still active members of the LC. We still like talking to all of you, but we also want a place to go where we can swear in a thread without it being locked, and where we can express dissatisfaction with aspects of Eisley's music without being attacked. When we're here, we (almost always) play by the rules.

Long story short, we have a right to exist. We have a right to keep our forum private. We even, God forbid, have a right to talk about it here and make inside jokes about Joe. It doesn't make us bad Eisley fans (if you want to debate that, go visit Orange Gold and Green, the other thing I do with my webspace). From what I've seen, everyone that complains about the REF does so because they don't know what's happening there and they're sore because we talk about it here. It is, as Paul has pointed out, the equivalent of an inside joke between two members that no one else understands but, nevertheless, gets posted on a very public forum. The only difference is that more people are involved this time, and somehow that makes us evil. The REF and the LC do not have to be in conflict. What will it take to get everyone to see that?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

well said Hannah
Vintage Newbie

This is why I Love this place. Terrorist are plotting more mass destruction, asteroids are hurdling towards earth, people are starving all over the world, and there is text based fight in Laughing City over a fan-created Eisley forum--in a thread that started about Garron changing the word 'fag' to 'dummy' in his journal.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
and there is text based fight in Laughing City over a fan-created Eisley forum--in a thread that started about Garron changing the word 'fag' to 'dummy' in his journal.

duh!! How do you think wars are started Wink Laughing

Vintage Newbie

Wow...that's all I can say right now.
Just catching up on all of this. Confused
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I decided I don't want to write anything anymore about it.
Last edited by loveisachemical on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

I don't think REF is being flaunted. So i'm kind of lost about why that was said. Maybe i'm missing something here, though. The only think I've noticed its Joe being mentioned. But, that is not REF. It's a person.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
I don't think REF is being flaunted. So i'm kind of lost about why that was said. Maybe i'm missing something here, though. The only think I've noticed its Joe being mentioned. But, that is not REF. It's a person.

I think lots of times we drop suddle hints but certain people who have been aware longer than others will pick up on it, especially lately... and flaunted can be by both LC and REF people. Just bringing it up in general.
norad
Vintage Newbie

loveisachemical wrote:
patrock wrote:

I think lots of times we drop suddle hints but certain people who have been aware longer than others will pick up on it, especially lately... and flaunted can be by both LC and REF people. Just bringing it up in general.

Yeah, I still don't think it's been flaunted. That's an over step. It's mentioned every now and then. Certainly not flaunted though.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
loveisachemical wrote:
patrock wrote:

Yeah, I still don't think it's been flaunted. That's an over step. It's mentioned every now and then. Certainly not flaunted though.

I think the September Eisley Forum Tabloid could definitely be called flaunting it.

Especially because it involved bright colours, like a mating ritual

Last edited by EisleyForever on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>