Laughing City
oliez
Vintage Newbie

No more Rhodes? It was degraded in the Final Noise tour by only playing it for 4 or 5 songs...then for the UK tour, if I remember right from pictures, it looked like the electric keyboard took front view and a (didn't look like the red) Rhodes took sidestage. With the new keyboard is there any need for the Rhodes?

I say they melt it down into the ink for the new album's art so we can all have a part of it.

But seriously, is Stacy going to be playing it now that she has the new studio in a keyboard?
Last edited by oliez on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

hmm...
norad
Vintage Newbie

gregorydymitrowicz wrote:
hmm...

*ponders*
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

i don't think i like anyone who hides a rhodes away.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

You'd need a good reason to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
gregorydymitrowicz wrote:
hmm...

*ponders*

*musing* Confused

I love the sound of the rhodes (as probably most people here). I hope they find some use for it.

*side note; Eisley's definitely mentioned in the wikipedia article as "artists who use rhodes piano." Along with many other bands, but hey they are known for it already, can't give it up now! Well, unless they want to of course Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It might be nice for them to leave it home (as much as I love it). That thing is flippin' heavy, and they don't exactly have a huge crew. But they'd better have it if they ever get a bigger stage show. That and their own lighting crew ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I'd rather them have nothing but the Rhodes before they leave it behind. Weston can have a box. Garron one of those tissue box and ruberband basses and chauntelle and sherri can...sing and dance...I don't know. I guess we could still enjoy a show without it, but Eisley and Rhodes....although it doesn't rhyme it sure sounds good together.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

oliez wrote:
I'd rather them have nothing but the Rhodes before they leave it behind. Weston can have a box. Garron one of those tissue box and ruberband basses and chauntelle and sherri can...sing and dance...I don't know. I guess we could still enjoy a show without it, but Eisley and Rhodes....although it doesn't rhyme it sure sounds good together.

Yeah, it's nice, but we're not the ones who have to lug that thing around for an entire tour. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
It might be nice for them to leave it home (as much as I love it). That thing is flippin' heavy, and they don't exactly have a huge crew. But they'd better have it if they ever get a bigger stage show. That and their own lighting crew ...

So true. I know they are probably pros at it, but those things are a pain to set up all the time, and not so fun on the back muscles. I'm sure whatever keyboard she is using would be able to use gorgeous rhode samples anyhow.
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
oliez wrote:

Yeah, it's nice, but we're not the ones who have to lug that thing around for an entire tour. Laughing
That's what casters are for.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I use a 1972 Mark I, 73 key Rhodes in my band.
It is pretty heavy...but since it comes in a built in case...
it isn't that hard to lug around.
However, it's tuning is very sensitive, so I think they used
another Rhodes overseas...that would make more sense.
Some new keyboards have realistic Rhodes samples...
but it isn't analog.
And that is the aspect that makes it most unique, I think.
Therfore, my conclusion is...

um...

Stacy should do what she wants, I trust her.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

The keyboard she is using now is probably about 10 times better anyway. A nice $1000 digital keyboard can sample plenty of sounds that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing. They are also much easier to tweak and adjust.

Everyone likes the Rhodes, but all good things come to an end, m i rite?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boone
Vintage Newbie

There are plenty of good Rhodes samplers out there that would sound good live. The emulator in Logic and the Nord keyboards are the best I've heard.

The lovely beast should still be used for recording, though.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

She should auction it off and buy a car with the money.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere