Laughing City
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
She should auction it off and buy a car with the money.

a used rhodes sells for like 400 dollars
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

granpaturtle wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

but if it belonged to somebody that people admire...such as Stacy, it would probably go for more.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
oliez
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

that could get a car...well maybe half a car...at least the tires.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i can't believe that you people actually seem to be suggesting that they should stop using the rhodes? the rhodes piano has one of the most beautiful sounds the world has ever known, and i don't think that even the best digital sampling can quite match it. it would be awfully sad for any artist to stop using it, especially one so closely associated with the rhodes as eisley, and even more especially if they replace it with just another generic, "high-tech", keyboard, that nobody will remember in 5 years.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Umm, can you find me that used Rhodes? In working condition? Because all the ones I've ever seen that don't require massive repairs are $1,000 and up, in eBay and the real world.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

^
me too.... oh i want a rhodes so bad. but the rhodes sound on my yamaha p-90 sound lovely enough.. for now *sigh* someday when I'm old and rich and famous.. for no particular reason. jkjk i'll have a reason.

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
boone
Vintage Newbie

Don't forget that there are other electric pianos out there. The Wurlitzer 200A has an amazing, wobbly tone. I prefer it to the Rhodes.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

I can guarantee you that the crew have no problem with that thing.. it is one of many heavy things that have are needed for an Eisley show. However Stacy has been writing a lot of her parts on piano lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if Stacy decided to have the Rhodes to the side with the Yamaha keyboard out front. And who knows where the new keyboard will be in the rig. It could conceivably replace the Rhodes, since the plugin versions of Rhodes are pretty sweet. Really. Way way better than what you'll hear out of any keyboard at Guitar Center.

We experimented with having the two keyboards in a V shape both kinda aiming forward, but it looked pretty goofy as I remember. Also, stacking keyboards is a pain too, because with the height of the Rhodes, it is hard to find a good height to put the keyboards at where they are both comfortable to play. Also, we talked about taking the organ on tour, and having three keyboards. Who knows.

And to those people looking to buy an electric piano of some sort, a Wurli is definitely a good option. Similar sound to a Rhodes, but a wider range of sounds. The Rhodes has a rounder tone, and not as much variation of sound with different volumes. I could be mistaken, but I believe that there is a decent amount of Wurli on Room Noises.
doreen
Sea Post King

I have one of those "high-tech" keyboards and while I love all the sounds/noises..I would prefer to have an authentic vintage Wurlitzer or Rhodes.
If Stacy's giving up the Rhodes, she should just sell it to one of us! Very Happy

robbie
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
Don't forget that there are other electric pianos out there. The Wurlitzer 200A has an amazing, wobbly tone. I prefer it to the Rhodes.

I agree completely. I have one that I got for free and it is amazing. I'm about to play in a project that I'm taking to SXSW. I'll be playing wurlitzer with some delay and my girlfriend will be playing violin. It's going to be awesome. Luckily, I have rhodes access too if I ever need it. It's above my bedroom (like an angel).
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 2249 | Location: Kansas City, MO
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

robbie wrote:
boone wrote:

I agree completely. I have one that I got for free and it is amazing. I'm about to play in a project that I'm taking to SXSW. I'll be playing wurlitzer with some delay and my girlfriend will be playing violin. It's going to be awesome. Luckily, I have rhodes access too if I ever need it. It's above my bedroom (like an angel).

YOU'RE ALIVE!

And you're going to SXSW?! That project sounds awesome. Have you a link?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
robbie
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
robbie wrote:
boone wrote:

YOU'RE ALIVE!

Not yet. We haven't even started recording. We're going whether we get a show or not. We will have a portable setup ready so we can play on the street outside of venues while people wait. It's going to be awesome. I don't know what we're calling it yet, but it will be great. I'll let you know.
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 2249 | Location: Kansas City, MO
boone
Vintage Newbie

robbie wrote:
Saellys wrote:
robbie wrote:
boone wrote:

YOU'RE ALIVE!

Not yet. We haven't even started recording. We're going whether we get a show or not. We will have a portable setup ready so we can play on the street outside of venues while people wait. It's going to be awesome. I don't know what we're calling it yet, but it will be great. I'll let you know.

That does sound great. Keep us updated.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Umm, can you find me that used Rhodes? In working condition? Because all the ones I've ever seen that don't require massive repairs are $1,000 and up, in eBay and the real world.

are you serious? every time I dig on ebay I find rhodes for like 500-600 that need like one repair
and Ryan hit up Craigslist and got one for 350 that works perfect.
It must be because you live in California now, east coast best deals in the states
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Pawn shops and garage sales ... old people moving out of their homes. I got an organ a few weeks ago for a whopping $50! Patience is the key to finding a cheap Rhodes. But if for some crazy (or desperate) reason Stacy sold hers, I would hope she'd ask a ton for it. Owned by Don Henley, and toured with up and comers Eisely. Had a still beautiful refurbishing. She could sign it and ask no less than a couple thousand.

Or I'd trade her my car. Then she'd get a car for her Rhodes. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers