Laughing City
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

... as super-pumped as me to hear that the Eisley girls are singing on the forthcoming Bright Eyes record!
it's as though so many of my dreams suddenly came true.
and i'm so, so delighted to hear that bands i like happen to enjoy other good bands that i like.
now, they just have to sing with Colin Meloy and/or Sufjan Stevens, and i can die!

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
RicardoIncognito
Sea Post King

i'm excited too, and very, very curious how the new Bright Eyes album is going to sound with Stacy and Sherri lending their vocals. I can't wait.

...life should sparkle and rush, burn with fire hot like melting steel, like freeze-burn from a comet.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm pretty super-pumped about that.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

amidthestars wrote:
... as super-pumped as me to hear that the Eisley girls are singing on the forthcoming Bright Eyes record!
it's as though so many of my dreams suddenly came true.
and i'm so, so delighted to hear that bands i like happen to enjoy other good bands that i like.
now, they just have to sing with Colin Meloy and/or Sufjan Stevens, and i can die!

yeah, i am excited too. i sort of hate when they do vocals on other people's albums, and the albums are so absolutely horrible, or, at least i think so, that i won't ever buy it, even if i had a gun to my head (and no, i won't name names, i'm not quite that big of an $#@!, but let's just say their first initial is "N", and their middle initial is "F", and their last initial is "G", okay?) but, i love bright eyes, and they've yet to make a bad album in my eyes, although they've not all nessecarily been equally brilliant either, so i'm sure this one will be good too, and conor usually makes good use of his guests, unlike some (like that other band) who put the girl's vocals so far back in the mix you barely even notice they're there, assuming, of course, that you listen really hard for them.

anyways.

yeah, i am excited too.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
buffyfreak1234
Sea Post King

Maybe it won't suck with them on it?

(Nobody has said it yet; I'll gladly take the honor)
Joined: 27 Mar 2004 | Posts: 252 | Location: on the corner of dazed and confused....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BuffmanRocks
Sea Post King

amidthestars wrote:

that's what I've been hoping for; it would be amazingly awesome.

Michael: What, cause'm not crying?
G.O.B.: Maybe you don't have enough RAM to understand this, Michael, but there's such a thing as brotherly love.
Joined: 08 Feb 2005 | Posts: 199 | Location: Modesto, California
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
i'm sure this one will be good too, and conor usually makes good use of his guests, unlike some (like that other band) who put the girl's vocals so far back in the mix you barely even notice they're there, assuming, of course, that you listen really hard for them.

ouch....

yeah I love the Emmylou Harris on Wide Awake. I can't seem to find the name of the girl (it seems like it the same one) throughout the older stuff. (Feb 15th.)
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
Quote:
i'm sure this one will be good too, and conor usually makes good use of his guests, unlike some (like that other band) who put the girl's vocals so far back in the mix you barely even notice they're there, assuming, of course, that you listen really hard for them.

ouch....

yeah I love the Emmylou Harris on Wide Awake. I can't seem to find the name of the girl (it seems like it the same one) throughout the older stuff. (Feb 15th.)

it's usually been Maria Taylor of Azure Ray. there aren't any girl harmonies on Fevers & Mirrors, as far as i remember, but Maria appears on Lifted... on "Nothing Gets Crossed Out" and probably some others.

they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
oliez
Vintage Newbie

amidthestars wrote:
oliez wrote:
Quote:

ouch....

it's usually been Maria Taylor of Azure Ray. there aren't any girl harmonies on Fevers & Mirrors, as far as i remember, but Maria appears on Lifted... on "Nothing Gets Crossed Out" and probably some others.

That's it! Thank you. That's been bugging my for a long time. I don't know why I didn't realize it was her (knowing how they were together around that time) and I listen to her stuff...I'm just brain dead/ too lazy to look it up.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
amidthestars wrote:
oliez wrote:
Quote:

ouch....

That's it! Thank you. That's been bugging my for a long time. I don't know why I didn't realize it was her (knowing how they were together around that time) and I listen to her stuff...I'm just brain dead/ too lazy to look it up.

you're welcome, that's what i'm here for. Bright Eyes related trivia. i've been a rather devoted fan since i was 12.

they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

i used to be a huge bright eyes fan... then kinda lost interest with the most recent album. maybe this one will get me hooked again.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

This is rad news. I can't wait to hear it.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saturnine67
Sea Post King

buffyfreak1234 wrote:

you're my hero. Smile

David = Beloved, Roy = King, Marsh = Marsh

So I am the Beloved King of the Marsh.
The Marsh King!!

p.s. check out my band if you're bored
www.myspace.com/celestialmischiefband
Joined: 27 Oct 2005 | Posts: 155 | Location: Battle Creek, MI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
boone
Vintage Newbie

Sorry Arielle, I've yet to hear a Bright Eyes song I've liked.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Saturnine67 wrote:
buffyfreak1234 wrote:

you're my hero. Smile

goes double for me