Laughing City
Christophjam
Sea Post King

I hope it just means that Sherri loves her guitar, and nothing bad happened to it.

Cuz I love it, too.

I have that same picture in my myspace.

That's all.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Rickenbackers can certainly make me cry. And drooooooooooool.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
adibmuhammad
Sea Post King

I'd dare say it could even make a man [well, a dude] cry since I can't find any stores here in Malaysia that carries Rickenbackers.

Oh well, looks like I've to settle with this [Franken]strat of mine. Smile
Joined: 13 Sep 2006 | Posts: 79 | Location: cyberjaya/kuala lumpur, malaysia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

adibmuhammad wrote:

I'd dare say it could even make a man [well, a dude] cry since I can't find any stores here in Malaysia that carries Rickenbackers.

Oh well, looks like I've to settle with this [Franken]strat of mine. Smile

there aren't any stores anywhere that carry rickenbackers. rickenbacker is back ordered by about a year and a half, or something like that, and most stores just don't want to put up with their $#@!, or simply can't get any stock. if you want a rickenbacker you pretty much have to order it, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait... or buy used... or build one yourself.

the rickenbacker obsessed people say that it's worth the wait, but, i'm not sure myself. it seems like a complete waste of time to me.

the only rick that could make me cry is this:

Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i want one really bad! Sad
Caley
Lost at Forum

Gosh, Ricks are certainly my dream guitars. I dream about one at least once a week.
bn_me
Sea Post King

Dare at ask... why? Is it the design? The sound? The name?

Or is it just one of those cult-like things... you know, like the Mac peeps who own every iPod and Mac ever made?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

bn_me wrote:

All of the above, in addition to the fact that most of my favorite guitarists use them frequently.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Christophjam
Sea Post King

I love the look, it's one of the coolest looking guitars around, I think. But that comes second to the sound(to me). I love how it has a really cool acoustic frictiony jangle kind of sound...if that makes any sense, that sounds way better than any other type of hollowbody electric guitars. That's just me.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

bn_me wrote:

Or is it just one of those cult-like things... you know, like the Mac peeps who own every iPod and Mac ever made?

i'm pretty sure it's this fella'. what i don't understand is why it hasn't happend with this, or this, or even this. i guess people just don't like gretsch... Sad ...still, hilotrons will get you that sound far better than any rickenbacker, especially one without toaster-tops (like the one in sherri's post.)

i do love that horse-shoe magnet pickup, though. it was the first, it was the best. i think they should stick it on their guitars, but they won't even stick them on their steels anymore! Sad

oh well.
doreen
Sea Post King

I'm not a guitarist, but Sherri's post made me smile. I frequently have the same thoughts over keys/pianos/organs.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
i guess people just don't like gretsch... Sad

I like Gretsch just fine, but they haven't really been the same since Fender bought them.

Smokemonster
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Chauntelle plays a Gretsch. And it's a nice one.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
i guess people just don't like gretsch... Sad

I like Gretsch just fine, but they haven't really been the same since Fender bought them.

what are you talking about? ask anyone who knows and loves gretsch, and they'll tell you that fender gretsch is far better than "prefender" gretsch.

while everyone would agree that the best gretsch guitars are those from the '50s and '60s, the "prefender" gretsch guitars of the late '80s through early '00s are probably the worst ever, using cheap electronics, subpar pickups, and completely ignoring historical accuracy on their "vintage reissues", and, once, when people directly asked the gretsch family why they didn't solve these problems, they said, basically, "what's in it for us?"

not even baldwin treated gretsch as poorely, although they did make rather pathetic attempts at "keeping up with the times", which simply didn't work.

fender, who didn't buy them, by the way, but took over handling of product development, production, distribution, marketing, and support, has fixed most of the problems, and is building the best gretsches since, well, probably the '50s and '60s!
Last edited by do not be afraid. on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:34 am; edited 4 times in total
bn_me
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
Chauntelle plays a Gretsch. And it's a nice one.

Chauntelle plays a Steve Jobs branded guitar Razz.

Btw, she has one that is sort of glittery gold (which one is that)?