Laughing City
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

is how they are just normal. They don't act like rockstars. I know this is a well-known fact, but I was just reading the journals, and it made me happy that they are just themselves and don't try to be all famous and rude. I've never met them myself, but it seems that they would not be the type to have a barrier between themselves and their fans.

Eisley is so grand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bn_me
Sea Post King

They are far from normal. Normal is bland. Normal is boring. Normal is normal.

Grounded. Down to earth. Maybe.

They are not that open, but they don't act arrogant. It probably has to do more with shyness more than anything (but they're getting use to the publicity, it seems). Boyd is probably the most talkative of them all though... he's not kidding when he says he's a "conversationalist".

Then again, a lot of other bands and artists are quite grounded and down to earth too. It is usually the fans that make them seem more of a superstar than just a person with amazing musical talent. Hey, if you're going to act like they're a superstar, they'll seem that way, and maybe they'll even act that way towards you.

As for Eisley... they're just... well... Eisley.
Last edited by bn_me on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

A lot of bands do act above everyone. Not ALL but I've seen some good examples ... even among smaller bands.

People try to take advantage of and attack people who have any notoriety, so I'm almost surprised Eisley hasn't withdrawn more, considering the photobucket hacks, journal attacks and dirty things said about them.

I too am glad that the Eisley lot and "rockstar behavior" don't go together very well.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

I didn't mean normal as in they were normal, just that they seem to act like regular human beings, without big heads. Smile
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

for me, this thread is summed up in that "terribly ratty picture" stacy took of herself just after arriving in the UK. It's honest.

they're honest.

Fo' shizzle. Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

they dont act like rockstars because they haven't earned the money to act like that. not saying that they would if they do, i really doubt that they would. they all seem that they will keep their feet on the ground no matter how much money they make.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

starbucksgod wrote:
they dont act like rockstars because they haven't earned the money to act like that. not saying that they would if they do, i really doubt that they would. they all seem that they will keep their feet on the ground no matter how much money they make.

I've seen many bands that can't even headline a hole in the wall act like that, though.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
kyle
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:

I've seen many bands that can't even headline a hole in the wall act like that, though.

Agreed! Just to say, "I'm in a band" can go to SO many people's heads.

negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

Look like rock stars to me.
http://orangegoldandgreen.net/cpm/displayimage.php?album=30&pos=283
Sorry Nora.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I like how, even without the caption, I can tell who's who.

Meanwhile, OMG! Direct linking! Nora's gonna bust a cap! Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
norad
Vintage Newbie

I was confused as to why you said "sorry Nora". Then Hannah posted and I wasn't confused. Laughing
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

Oh God she's behind me.
lucia_dp
Sea Post King

question

why can't i get into OGG?

it says i'm currently being banned from this site Sad
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The gallery or the whole site? If it's the gallery, you either aren't registered or aren't activated yet. If the whole site is keeping you out, I can't even imagine what's going on unless you're on a public computer with crazy firewalls.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
lucia_dp
Sea Post King

only on the picture section but i can't register either