Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Sorry guys... it's just...those are songs that leaked from friends... it's a sore spot; Stacy doesn't want that stuff out there. It was never intended for release. She kindly asked me to pull the thread. I know it won't stop whoever from doing whatever, but... anyway, now you know her sincere request; it's up to you to honor it. Wink

I trust the new songs coming will energize your minds and hearts; Sorry it's taken so long to get to this point. Record release early Spring! I promise.

boyd-oid

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
MOD
Sea Post King

YEEEEAH BOYD, freaking solid chap. we had a talk when you guys where in van last spring, goodness to think the new albumn will be HERE one year after. insane, vein, in the membrain!
thanks for a being a rad dad! your effecting a heck of alot more peeps than just your kids/nephew
hhahha
peas braouw
Joined: 01 Jun 2005 | Posts: 28 | Location: Surrey, Vancouver, BC
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Boyd is solid indeed. Cool

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

just wantin' some titbits of knowlege to lodge in the ole noggin...

When did this all happen?

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Middle of last year was when I first heard about it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

is this in response to mp3s of the new songs that were played on tour?
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I think this is regarding some tracks referred to as "the baby." Seems I remember that form another thread.
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I think this is regarding some tracks referred to as "the baby." Seems I remember that form another thread.

I thought this was about Stacy's songs that got stolen. The Baby songs were stolen as well tough)
Leah8807
Golly, Poster

This may or may not be a dumb question, but how does one steal a song/mp3?

Not that I'm going to try or anything...

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Leah8807 wrote:

By using one's status as a "friend" of the band to gain access to the band members' computers, plug in a jump drive, and yoink a lot of unfinished demos.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Leah8807 wrote:

In this case, they yank it off of the personal computer or iPod, give it to their friends, who in turn send it to their friends, etc. Or said thief drops it on a file sharing network or somesuch thing. Something like that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
norad
Vintage Newbie

I think this was a person who was friends with them because that's how some other songs got out so they probably got them directly off their computer. Maybe. Totally guessing here.
shonda
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
Sorry guys... it's just...those are songs that leaked from friends... it's a sore spot; Stacy doesn't want that stuff out there. It was never intended for release. She kindly asked me to pull the thread. I know it won't stop whoever from doing whatever, but... anyway, now you know her sincere request; it's up to you to honor it. Wink

I trust the new songs coming will energize your minds and hearts; Sorry it's taken so long to get to this point. Record release early Spring! I promise.

boyd-oid

what? happen...i thought you need a song..? what stuff doesnt stacy want out..there....i dont know im lost...i need to be on here more often instead of myspace...

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

shonda wrote:
boyd wrote:

boyd-oid

what? happen...i thought you need a song..? what stuff doesnt stacy want out..there....i dont know im lost...i need to be on here more often instead of myspace...

Someone in a thread that got deleted asked about several unfinished songs that were stolen from Stacy's computer.

Smokemonster
shonda
Sea Post King

thats so sad...im sorry about that..people these days...sorry that happen to you...i agree..must of been some one really close...stupid ppl..grrrr!!!!

Saellys wrote:
shonda wrote:
boyd wrote:

boyd-oid

Someone in a thread that got deleted asked about several unfinished songs that were stolen from Stacy's computer.