Laughing City
jessiebean
Sea Post King

I was curious if anyone had an idea of what happens during the listening party. I can't help but picture the 'Big Wigs' on one side of a long table and Eisley on the other, sitting in silence while the tracks play with an atmosphere of suspense.

Is it more fun? More casual? Do they discuss each song or listen all the way through before going back through the songs they like?

I can't remember how this went the first time around, so if anyone can enlighten me that would be awesome! Hopefully its a lot more fun and actually more like a party than I'm imagining!

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

yeah...the bad thing is, if any of them don't like the songs, they stand up and hit the big gong that Richard has outside his studio.
If they gong 'em...that song doesn't make it. Laughing
Mims
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
yeah...the bad thing is, if any of them don't like the songs, they stand up and hit the big gong that Richard has outside his studio.

You don't know how many people just freaked after reading that. You're gonna get 20 million PM's asking in some frantic tone, "Did Like the Actors make it?! I love that song! Tell me the big scary label trolls liked it!"
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

If I was an exec I would gong em' all just to get into people's heads.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

ha, that's actually a very good question!
boyd
Eisleyoid

I'm getting a preview tonight. Me n Weston n Garron are going over to the Craig Aaronson listening party. The girls were like, 'meh... let's go to the Grove, instead". I sorta think it's cool though... They know Richard is an iron clad ally... a defender of Eisley-kind. And me... well, if Richard goes into attack mode, I'll jump in with all arms and legs and teeth and torso... i'll be like all kamikaze jeti.

words will be up on my journal tonight... if early in the wee.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
jessiebean
Sea Post King

Well if nothing else I do hope it goes smoothly and without the dominating gong-banging execs. In the end, Eisley can know there are so many fans backing them up!
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Mims wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

You don't know how many people just freaked after reading that. You're gonna get 20 million PM's asking in some frantic tone, "Did Like the Actors make it?! I love that song! Tell me the big scary label trolls liked it!"

I hope if a label dude hits the gong on Like The Actors that it vibrates off its fastenings and rolls over his foot.

As far as I'm concerned, it'd be harsh but justified.

Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

Yeah, but I bet they still love Gene Gene the Dancing Machine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw

lucia_dp
Sea Post King

OceanMachine wrote:
Mims wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

I hope if a label dude hits the gong on Like The Actors that it vibrates off its fastenings and rolls over his foot.

As far as I'm concerned, it'd be harsh but justified.

yeah..and then maybe us fans could write a song called "like the exec"

and the lyrics would be "we fall down like the exec getting-rolled-over-by-a-gong.......on the foot"
Caley
Lost at Forum

With all of the talk of gongs and Like the Actors, I keep imagining gongs in the song now.

Shot in the chest. Gong-smash

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

jessiebean wrote:
I was curious if anyone had an idea of what happens during the listening party. I can't help but picture the 'Big Wigs' on one side of a long table and Eisley on the other, sitting in silence while the tracks play with an atmosphere of suspense.

Q, issue245 wrote:
The Guitarist [Dave Keuning,of The Killers] has a history of extrememe partying. In July there was a listening party of Same's Town held poolside at the historic Roosevelt hotel in Los Angeles and attended by Owen Wilson and the Osbournes. While Flowers chatted amiably about the album's themes, Keuning, despite strict orders to the contrary, sank a few beers and jumped in the pool. Six security staff carried him off the premises at shoulder height. Keuning was shouting, "If you think throwing me out of my own party is cool, then fine."

Whist I can't imagine any Eisley-an's goin' absolutely mental, I guess they're more relaxed than you think...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Caley wrote:
With all of the talk of gongs and Like the Actors, I keep imagining gongs in the song now.

Shot in the chest. Gong-smash

http://download.yousendit.com/B51C0CF20AB88306

Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
jessiebean wrote:

Q, issue245 wrote:
The Guitarist [Dave Keuning,of The Killers] has a history of extrememe partying. In July there was a listening party of Same's Town held poolside at the historic Roosevelt hotel in Los Angeles and attended by Owen Wilson and the Osbournes. While Flowers chatted amiably about the album's themes, Keuning, despite strict orders to the contrary, sank a few beers and jumped in the pool. Six security staff carried him off the premises at shoulder height. Keuning was shouting, "If you think throwing me out of my own party is cool, then fine."

Whist I can't imagine any Eisley-an's goin' absolutely mental, I guess they're more relaxed than you think...

I'm betting that listening party wasn't the label version. There are listening parties for albums after (or just before) they're released, often with celebrities in attendance, but I can't imagine any self-respecting label allowing Owen Wilson and the Osbournes to sit in while record execs get their first glimpse of an album. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
jessiebean wrote:

Q, issue245 wrote:

I'm betting that listening party wasn't the label version. There are listening parties for albums after (or just before) they're released, often with celebrities in attendance, but I can't imagine any self-respecting label allowing Owen Wilson and the Osbournes to sit in while record execs get their first glimpse of an album. Wink

mind you, i wouldn't've expected any self respecting label to sign The Killers in the first place. Wink

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland