Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Tomorrow night is the big "Listening Party" for the WB folk. So, before that gig, the WB video dept is coming out with a small crew (even Devin, the head of the dept is coming) to shoot the band for about an hr where they'll ask them questions about the record... i guess anything really... but it's stuff we'll edit into "the making of" clip that will be bonus mat'l on the CD. About 30 - 45 minutes of footage! It probably should be content that relates to this recording... i guess including it's relativity to past recordings; You know what I mean. On topic. In scope.

So, i want you guys to come up with some questions. just list them here. Please. We'll try to use as many of them as possible. The band might have a few they'll want to answer, as well as WB. So, in a way, you have a chance to be on the record... ha ha. well....

Thanks,

boyd

p.s. I just realized that it's midnight in Salt Lake, 1:00am in Tyler and 2:00am in Boston... most people are asleep! There are only 4 registered's in Laughing City... but what's freaking me out is - there are 35 lurkers on line right now! Come on u lurkers! Gib' me sum KWestions!

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
tripl3tr3m3lo
Sea Post King

How many people (other than the band members) helped make this album? Any other musicians? What other projects have those musicians done?

(I know there were some, but I don't know all of them and I thought it was a good question.)
Joined: 18 Oct 2006 | Posts: 25 | Location: Bakersfield, California
Last edited by tripl3tr3m3lo on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

1) What song was the easiest to put together?
2) What song had the most trouble coming together?
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

what kind of radio stations are you looking to be played on?
is there possiblities of late show appearences?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Did playing some of the new songs live have a big contribution in the development/making of the song?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

- How was recording with Garron the first time?

- How do you feel as musicians and songwriters this time, as opposed to where you were in for Room Noises? Also, how has it affected the work side, and the creative side?

- How sponataneous was recording? Were the songs all done, or did you give way to sponanaiety?

- What affect, if any, do you think playing material live beforehand had? Do you think it helped you pick or drop songs?

- When was this material written? Any delving into the back catalog? (If they are all new) Why was new material favored over old?

- Who contributed what? We know Stacy and Sherri take the bulk, but what do Chauntelle, Weston and Garron bring to the table?

- How does the content of this album compare to your past material? And how do events in your lives reflect on this?

- How do you feel your last round in the studio has prepared you for the business side of things this time?

- Album name? Very Happy

- There are a lot of new instruments around the studio this time, how many of these will we hear? And will any of them be played live?

- What are your plans for releasing this?

Ok, I'll post these. I'll try for more ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Oneiric
Sea Post King

Wow, it was looking like I had first dibs when I started, and here come all these crazy people and cut in line before me... Razz Anywhy, questions...

1. Could you go into a little detail about the steps of recording, from getting into the studio to having a nice shiny song on the other end?

2. How do you feel this record relates to "Room Noises" or your earlier EPs? How did they influence this record?

3. I'm interested in knowing what kind of events inspired and influenced the songwriters during their songwriting period, but I guess that's not quite the kind of thing you'd answer on something like this. Still, it's worth a shot. ^_^

4. Did you feel like you had enough time to make everything as perfect as possible?

5. Following closely on that, would you change anything about the album, and if so, what?

6. Out of (more or less idle) curiosity, and to give you another question to pick from, how much sleep did you get while recording in Malibu?

I'm sorry, but my think tank is draining of answers even vaguely worth consideration, so if I come up with more later, I'll let you know.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Did watching Lost or Gilmore Girls affect the making of this album at all?
boyd
Eisleyoid

yeah! thanks. this is great.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
forestdweller
Sea Post King

How does the opening track of the new Album set the scene?

How early on in the process did you know that THIS opening track (???) should begin the album, and what does it emotionally mean to you?

Where does the Final track of the new album leave you - the band - feeling in reflection to the journey that you knew, and now the final outcome?

Is there any one track on the album that really hits you emotionally harder than another? What track is most prone to making you cry?

What is your funniest memory of the Malibu experience?
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Here's some;

- How much did this album change between pre-production and studio recording? Were there songs that sounded drastically different when they were done than when they were first conceived, or did things generally stick closer to the original ideas?

- How did you decide which new songs to try out live during your touring earlier this year? Were the songs we heard simply the ones that were most complete, or was there some other reason that they were selected from amongst the other tunes?

- You've mentioned that the lyrical tone of this album is less about fantasy, fairy-tale stuff and is more personal than Room Noises. What effect does this have on your feelings about the album as a whole? Does it feel maybe more artistic and less playful?

- Eisley seems to love taking pictures. Can you give any comments on your feelings about pictures in general; what does or does not appeal to you about this form of art/communication, and how accurately do you feel pictures tell the story of the moment?

Sea Post King

Which would you say had a greater societal impact during the Middle Ages: the Catholic Church or the invention of the printing press? Discuss.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

- How was the mood in the studio?

- What did you pass the free time with?

- Any fun adventures?

- What were your favorite parts/instruments/moments etc? (I hope that's not too confusing, I'm getting tired. ha)

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
may222
Sea Post King

-what is like having to be away from the family? What kind of things do you guys do to keep in touch?
-what rides are the family faves at disney?
-room noises had quite a few older songs on it. is having a whole cd of new material make the recording process different? does this record have more of theme or connection?
-do you guys ever disagree about songs? what kind of compromises do you have to make while recording?
jessica_
Sea Post King

what is each of your overall favorite song on the record, and why?

what inspired the use of new insruments? in what ways do you think it adds to your sound?

when you imagined this record before starting work on it, how did you picture the lyrics and sound to be this time around? how does that relate to what you actually did, and what are your feelings on these changes?

what do you want people to take away after listening to this album?

what books and music have been most inspirational to you all in the making of the album?

where do you guys see yourselves in the next 5 years or so?