Laughing City
juan
Lost at Forum

I know someone always posts this every few months and its usually me and usually goes along the lines of when is the band coming back etc etc. Anyways.

Question:

Does anyone, preferably Boyd/Kim/band know what sort of promotion the new album will get over in the UK? Will it be released at the same time over here? Will they tour around the album release over here? Does anyone know yet? or not?

Personally, I can't wait I'll have the album uk release or not, but from what I've heard of the 'new' songs, albeit in their orignal clinkity clock ealry stages, they are light years ahead of the first album, proper real good pop songs and the kind I think will get Eisley recognition and deservidly so.

Anyone?

Steven

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I keep wondering why there hasn't been more of an effort to push them over there. I think they'll catch on way faster there than here ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Catey
Lost at Forum

UK people are picky :/ At the London TBS show, I heard some not so positive stuff from people behind me but that was just a small group of twenty somthing drunks.

I think the band could do well, they can appeal to a variety of people which is more than what some bands can do.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

Catey wrote:
UK people are picky :/ At the London TBS show, I heard some not so positive stuff from people behind me but that was just a small group of twenty somthing drunks.

i don't think the sort of audience TBS has in the uk is necessarily going to be the right audience for eisley. which is not to say that NO uk tbs fans will like eisley, but it's not necessarily who they'll want to aim for. but i think if they find the right audience, eisley could do really well here. bands like midlake and the decemberists have done well (especially the decemberists, who i first saw over here at a tiny church venue and are now playing some quite big london venues), and joanna newsom is getting really big. there is definitely a market for artists who are 'something different'. if eisley could open for a cool 'indie-ish' band over here they could pick up a real following.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:

I think the band could do well, they can appeal to a variety of people which is more than what some bands can do.

I think it's moreso that drunk people are picky (or very non-picky, depending on the type of drunk)

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I've always wondered why they didn't tour in Ireland... I think their fantasy songs would've gone over well there. Guess we'll never know.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:

i sounded like 20 people?
sorry about that.

[seriously though, i wasn't drunk. and i must say that the london performance was a whole lot more accepted the in birmingham. damn scenmos.]
starsailor.
Sea Post King

I absolutely hated the TBS tour (I had tickets, but wasn't actually intending on going until I heard Eisley were supporting). I swear in Bristol I was the only one in the crowd who knew who eisley were. I heard in Southampton they threw bottles at Stacy?

It was pouring with rain when I saw them, they were stood in the street with all their bags, and people we're just pushing past them. I went over to talk to them, and we were constantly barged into.

I actually apologized a few times to Chauntelle. I know it was the wrong sort of audience for them in the UK, but I felt quite embarrassed by the crowd. I was just like, "I know how this looks, but PLEASE say you'll come back again?"

And I'll admit, I got a little starstruck when I was talking to the girls. But meh.
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 | Posts: 10 | Location: c-town, england
kiko
Golly, Poster

at the tbs show in brum probably about 1/4 of the people there were actually paying attention which was really sad. thats when i fell in love with eisley, i just love support bands.
maybe if they toured with someone else it would have turned out a little better.

would love to see them play again over here in the UK

smile Very Happy
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

starsailor. wrote:
I swear in Bristol I was the only one in the crowd who knew who eisley were.

wrong! i was in the front of the line and bought tickets just for eisley. 5 of my friends were somewhere further back in the crowd cheering their heads off too. it's true the crowd wasnt terribly receptive but there were a few fans dotted around.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

They won a few people over last time, next time they'll win over more ... and it'll grow exponentially, even if they keep facing hostile crowds. Oh yes. Smile

starsailor.
Sea Post King

dial r for revenge wrote:
starsailor. wrote:
I swear in Bristol I was the only one in the crowd who knew who eisley were.

wrong! i was in the front of the line and bought tickets just for eisley. 5 of my friends were somewhere further back in the crowd cheering their heads off too. it's true the crowd wasnt terribly receptive but there were a few fans dotted around.

Then I apologise.

I was stood on the far left (Chauntelles side) and I was unfortunate to be stuck behind a bunch of thirteen year olds who thought it was cool to pretend to "mosh" throughout Eisleys set, and in front of a group of people who continually booed and yelled at them to get off the stage. Not fun.
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 | Posts: 10 | Location: c-town, england
Lisa
Golly, Poster

I want to know this too...

'It's never over, shes the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.' - Jeff Buckley
Joined: 27 May 2003 | Posts: 904 | Location: West Yorkshire, England
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Lisa wrote:
I want to know this too...

Lisa!!

Sorry, just had to be excited.

juan
Lost at Forum

me too.

Boyd, stop posting novels about damn over producing and polishedness and this and that and answer my questions! please. The UK needs you! Mr Boyd, are you there?

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north

goto page
 | next >>