45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
No, I don't think I would be able to bring myself to do it
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 24

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

You encounter two young men laughing as they are about to torture and kill a domestic house pet (let it be either a cat or dog, depending on which one you like more.) You can only stop it by cutting off, shooting off, or somehow removing their hands. There will be no repercussions for you. Would you do it?

If you're honest with your answer, it's actually a pretty good way to see what type of person you are.
Last edited by BNROCKS on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total
sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

So you have to shoot the persons hand off?
Do they get a fake hand afterwards?

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

oops, you can do whatever you want, but it has to involve taking away their hand. i'll edit that

yes, they can get an artificial hand afterward.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Seeing as there appears to be absolutely no reason for these men to kill this animal, I would absolutely shoot and/or cut their hands off.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i added a poll
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

You know, this question really comes between my vegan beliefs and my belief that violence is unrequired unless used in self-defense--and if you have to use self-defense, you are probably using it against violence in the first place. But I could certainly see myself as the person who is acting as the animal's self-defense, considering this animal cannot easily defend themselves from being shot.

I still shoot and/or cut their hands off

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
You know, this question really comes between my vegan beliefs and my belief that violence is unrequired unless used in self-defense--and if you have to use self-defense, you are probably using it against violence in the first place. But I could certainly see myself as the person who is acting as the animal's self-defense, considering this animal cannot easily defend themselves from being shot.

I have similar thoughts. I'm not vegan, but I still am strongly against animal cruelty. I also agree with you about using violence only in self defense, but in this case, we're not the ones being attacked.

I would probably cut their hands off too, but I wouldn't feel proud of it.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
EisleyForever wrote:

I have similar thoughts. I'm not vegan, but I still am strongly against animal cruelty. I also agree with you about using violence only in self defense, but in this case, we're not the ones being attacked.

Yeah; I certainly wouldn't feel proud of it. And, although I wouldn't talk about doing this, I would still prefer to shoot the two men's hands off because shooting someone's hands off sounds a lot cooler than just cutting them off like a normal person.

sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

I feel like I'd need to know what this person did for a living (do they need their hands REALLY bad?) or if they were a good or bad person in general. I'd assume they were bad if they were going to kill an animal............

i'd probably ...maybe...... i don't know!

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me
Last edited by sendoutSOScalls on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
UselessHippo
Vintage Newbie

I think I'd rather let an animal die than sever hands from people. I would probably give them the ass kicking of their life, but I would not cut off their hands.
Protocol Droid

That's intereseting. A life vs. function. I'd definitely beat the crap out of someone ... but to maim is a tough choice. It's not like they're breaking a window or vandalizing. Hmm. Ok, how's this: I can't endorse maiming people to save animals, but if it were to happen, I couldn't hold it against a person (or myself) because the cruelty and disrespect displayed by the actor against the animal. He attacked an innocent animal for fun, and thusly, he rescinded his rights to not be attacked in an act of defense. I don't even know if this makes sense, I'm not even fully awake yet. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
EisleyForever wrote:

Yeah; I certainly wouldn't feel proud of it. And, although I wouldn't talk about doing this, I would still prefer to shoot the two men's hands off because shooting someone's hands off sounds a lot cooler than just cutting them off like a normal person.

In my sig!

amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

dan, where do you get this stuff? drawing doorways must be really boring or something.

anyways, i'd take out the trust hatchet i'm always carrying in my purse and dispense of their hands, as that is apparently the only way to save a poor little animal's life.

but if there were more options, i'd yell at them, call the cops, and perhaps try to run them over with my car.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i guess i would save the animal because that's what they deserve, but this is sick.
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

I love animals and would immediately try to get in between them and the psychos. I would definitely attack them, but to actually chop off their hands? I don't think I could do that.