42%
 42%  [ 70 ]
2-3 years
30%
 30%  [ 50 ]
4+ years
14%
 14%  [ 24 ]
I will not post, but will choose this option to signify my lurkdom!
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 166

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

KH Vandread wrote:
Well, seeing as how I only got into Eisley a few months ago after my friend sent me their albums and I only found this site a month or so ago, becoming active here within the last week, I can hardly consider myself a lurker.

Still, it's always odd joining a new forum, especially when you are pretty well known on another. You don't know the people and all the inside jokes, reverting you to a newbie status. That and enforcement of different rules can take a little while getting used to as well.

Glad you're posting more! Yeah, it can take a while to get adjusted ... I hear this place is a bit different from other forums. But I guess there aren't too many alike anyway. ha ha. Anyway, welcome!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:
Well, seeing as how I only got into Eisley a few months ago after my friend sent me their albums and I only found this site a month or so ago, becoming active here within the last week, I can hardly consider myself a lurker.

Still, it's always odd joining a new forum, especially when you are pretty well known on another. You don't know the people and all the inside jokes, reverting you to a newbie status. That and enforcement of different rules can take a little while getting used to as well.

Glad you're posting more! Yeah, it can take a while to get adjusted ... I hear this place is a bit different from other forums. But I guess there aren't too many alike anyway. ha ha. Anyway, welcome!

Yeah, well, each forum is going to be different in most cases since each is based on something different. Clearly, it will be different than say a forum dedicated to a video game or GFX. Different forums attract different people, resulting in different communities and rules.

Hopefully it won't take too long to adjust to said differences so I can fit in a bit better with all of you fun people.

EDIT:

Good lord, I need to find a different adjective.
redboots
Sea Post King

hi everyone... I haven't been a lurker, just joined, but wanted to have some sort of a first post. I cant remember when I first listened to Eisley... but I loved the music. Especially the vocals. It's so refreshing to hear girls sing in bands. Anyway, I picked up their album "Combinations" at my local record store and I love it. Haven't bought their first record yet but will soon. Unfortunately I couldn't go to their concert when they were in town recently-- didn't have time. Hope to catch them next time.

EDIT: I found the newbie thread after I posted this...
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

redboots wrote:
hi everyone... I haven't been a lurker, just joined, but wanted to have some sort of a first post. I cant remember when I first listened to Eisley... but I loved the music. Especially the vocals. It's so refreshing to hear girls sing in bands. Anyway, I picked up their album "Combinations" at my local record store and I love it. Haven't bought their first record yet but will soon. Unfortunately I couldn't go to their concert when they were in town recently-- didn't have time. Hope to catch them next time.

EDIT: I found the newbie thread after I posted this...

Welcome to the forum!
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
La Noisette
Sea Post King

I've been lurking on the website for around two years. But a lot less on the forum, I just worked up the nerve to join. Laughing
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey! Welcome!
I like your avatar. Smile
La Noisette
Sea Post King

Thank you very much!
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Hi, I've been lurking kind of a lot for slightly over a year. So I know what's going on. I think? Yeah, the other board I spent a lot of time on got some log in problems and basically everyone left. There have been times when I've been tempted to join, cause I could post something helpful, but I decided not to. So, here I am...
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

about this time every year i climb out of my hidey-hole and post things. then i climb back into it and hibernate. i secretly read the journals every day. boyd's, mainly. it gives me something to do while i'm curled up nice and comfy in my hidey-hole.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I never " lurked", I posted the first time I signed up. But someone got on me for posting on a page that had not been posted on for like a year...I didn't even know Smile

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

lookingXglass wrote:
I never " lurked", I posted the first time I signed up. But someone got on me for posting on a page that had not been posted on for like a year...I didn't even know Smile

Ha, yeah ... people don't like thread revivals unless there's a really good reason. They're generally confusing, anyway.

But I'm glad you are posting and enjoying it!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i havent been lurking, but also havent been on the laughing city in ages. so hello all!
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
Lost Account 14083
Sea Post King

I have lurked for like two years, and I have never been on any forums before so I was hesitant to join. But yeah, I don't even remember the first time I listened or how I even found Eisley, they just appeared one day and I have been addicted ever since.
Streamline
Sea Post King

Hey everyone!

Ive been lurking for 3-4 months, though i registrered a long time ago. The main reason for my lurking is that a like to read and listen other's thoughts rather than express my own opinion. My moto has been "think ten times and post once". Hopefully that will change. In a way I think its good to lurk for while, because you can get the idea of what the forum is about and what could be my role in it. My English is not so great so my understanding of lurking may be different from other forum members.
Im glad to say my lurking days/months are over. Very Happy
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Wow, Estonia - the Eisley cloud just keeps spreading! Cool

I'm amused by foreign folk who seem to think their English isn't very good when they're more coherent than 90% of Americans. You've got nothing to feel inhibited about, trust me. Smile

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>