Laughing City
marshking
Sea Post King

About Boyd's last update. I realize that we will get the cut songs eventually, but it makes me upset that the general US audience who isn't as lurklurklurk as some of us and not as big of fans as to download the Japanese/etc b-sides will miss out on some amazing songs. I'm assuming they will be amazing songs, since all songs by Eisley are generally amazing. Think about it though... all the new Eisley fans who see the soon-to-be beautiful artwork and decide "hey, that's striking. Eisley? let's listen! Oh my god I am in love!" will not know these scratched songs. Sigh. But if you look at it from that POV, they probably will not know Room Noises or the earlier stuff either, unless they become big fans. Hm.

I'm thinking too hard into this. I can't help but to wonder which ones were scratched. Hopefully not that "Come Clean" song because it sounds beautiful! Or "Marsh King's Daughter." I highly doubt it'd be InvasionControlBeThereForYouetcetcetc just for the fact that those songs are well... those songs. But still.

We shall see!

And something boyd said really caught my attention... the final thing he said about the title was "the answer" and I just stopped right where I was reading, looked at it, and decided that The Answer would be a heck of a title for this LP. It is our "answer." It's Eisley's "answer." It's the answer of "what is good music?" and "are there any good song writers in the world anymore?" and many other questions. It's also the answer to "what is the NAME OF THIS RECORD!?" and a multitude of other questions. I think that's neat.

Eisley is currently making me very excited.

(Sorry I get on this crazy tangent where I rant and rant and rant and never stop)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

I could see MKD getting cut.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I don't think we've prominently heard any names of cut songs, other than "We Feel Good." I'm pretty sure the final lineup is set.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marshking
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
I could see MKD getting cut.

I could too... but I could see it being a good intermission. I don't know. I hope it doesn't.

And Jamie... about "We Feel Good"... That makes me sad.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm pretty sure Marsh King's Daughter is safe. I like that Eisley is venturing outside of what people think "Eisley" is. I hope they keep it up.

If any songs get cut from anything Eisley does, chances are a great song is getting cut. Hard to do when most of their known output is really better than a lot of music you'll find out there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yeah, I don't know much, but I'm excited for what's to come. Judging from what we've heard, what's been described, and etc...I have a feeling most of us will be pleasantly surprised!
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I'm not even thinking about what may or may not be cut because that means less worry and hassle!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The less expectation, the more open you are (ideally) to whatever happens. It really helps enjoy music for what it is. Smile

amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

this is why i don't really listen to any of the songs before they're officially released... in the immortal words of Radiohead, "no let downs and no surprises, please".

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i dont go into something with high expectations, that way i will be very pleased will the outcome of something.
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

amidthestars wrote:
this is why i don't really listen to any of the songs before they're officially released... in the immortal words of Radiohead, "no let downs and no surprises, please".

no alarms and no surprises, please

tbqh

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I think most of the songs that do get cut will eventually end up as b-sides available on iTunes EP's, just like TASM, Escaping Song, and HATS. We just might have to wait a year, but that's okay. Better late than never!
norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
I think most of the songs that do get cut will eventually end up as b-sides available on iTunes EP's, just like TASM, Escaping Song, and HATS. We just might have to wait a year, but that's okay. Better late than never!

Or download illegally....
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
amidthestars wrote:

no alarms and no surprises, please

tbqh

yeah, so, i was thinking of two good Radiohead songs at once.

TYLER STOP CORRECTING ME!

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

unless you're in Japan, then you just buy it, and if it ends up releasing on the 26th, i'll be able to get it, cause i'll have a layover in Tokyo, cause i'm going to the Philippines, so i could get it, yahoo!

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!